Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2004, 4:37 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
I stayed there twice at 100k points

That was quite a shock when a couple of years ago they increased it to 175k points.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 6:35 am

A better way of saying that is the old ALON at 100,000 points for 6 nights was best travel bargain out there. I used it 6 times before it went up to 175K.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 8:55 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Correct

Originally Posted by tantuti
sounds like a scam to get on their mailing list for spam. I may be wrong.. Has anybody won a free vacation from them before?
Agree, that it's a way to build a mailing/spam list.

That's why I have a hotmail acct that catches all the garbage.
Old Sep 18, 2004, 12:48 pm

Programs: CO Plat, DL Million Miler
Got it and got the room - and also got a guaranteed Diamond upgrade to the Ocean Tower w/Ocean View at the time of the booking - not when arriving at the hotel. Never had that happen before! Was told that is part of this VIP deal for the particular timeframe I requested...
Old Oct 9, 2004, 11:13 am
Original Member

HWV: Tip on stay with young kids

Having gone to HHV twice, we decided to try the HWV next year. I've read most of the posts on HWV but most are geared to couples in the Ocean Tower. We'll be traveling as a family with two young childen (older than 4).

To give an example, we really enjoyed staying at HHV in the Rainbow Tower for the ocean view, large room, proximity to the Keiki pool and breakfast certs at Rainbow Tower restaurant. Looking for tips on how to get the same at the HWV.

Appreciate tips which tower to stay in (maybe Lagoon is similiar to Rainbow), contacts of who to speak with for possible upgrade with HH Gold (email and phone), whether lounge access is better than breakfast certs, how much is Dolphin Quest for kids (age restriction?), etc.

Appreciate your advice! Thanks!
Old Oct 9, 2004, 12:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I think the Lagoon Tower is the best bet for families. There is more kid action at that end of the resort plus it isn't as far of a walk or tram ride as the Ocean Tower.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 8:30 am

Hilton Waikoloa Village - Nearby Food/Entertainment Suggestions

Mrs. MBM3 and I will being visiting the Hilton Waikoloa Village next week for 5 nights after a quick stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Can anyone give us suggestions for nearby offsite food and beverage alternatives, including groceries, restaurants and the like?

Thanks!
Old Oct 22, 2004, 8:37 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
If you have a car then go to Kona, some nice restaurants including Bubba Gumps Shrimps and Denny's. And that's the place to get your groceries.
Even without a car it's still worth a visit, there used to be a shuttle bus.

Closer to HWV there's Kings Shops, which has a Roy's, a Chinese and another restaurant (can't remember the name) that does the best ribs ever !!
There's also a grocers shop but it's priced for tourists !!

Half way between HWV and King's Shops, down a side road, is the club house of a golf course and they have a good restaurant too.

Again if you have a car then Waimea (spelling might be dodgy) but it's a cowboy town with fantastic steaks.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Travel The World
If you have a car then go to Kona, some nice restaurants including Bubba Gumps Shrimps and Denny's. And that's the place to get your groceries.

Closer to HWV there's Kings Shops, which has a Roy's, a Chinese and another restaurant (can't remember the name) that does the best ribs ever !!

Half way between HWV and King's Shops, down a side road, is the club house of a golf course and they have a good restaurant too.

Again if you have a car then Waimea (spelling might be dodgy) but it's a cowboy town with fantastic steaks.
Thanks! And yes, we are renting a car for our entire stay.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 9:21 am

Programs: DL PM / MM Ex UA & US Gold Starwood & Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Travel The World

You Should check out www.konaweb.com They have a very active visiting The Big Island Forum as well as restrauant reviews by forum members.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, RCC, PreChk , Hertz 5* Gold, HH Silver, SPG Gold thx to Amex Plat
If you're a Costco junkie, there's one just south of the airport, in an industrial park before Kona-Kailua. Cheap souvenirs and gas! ^
Old Oct 22, 2004, 11:01 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
The limited amount of shops and restaurants nearby was one of the things I didn't care for at HWV. It seemed like you had to drive 15 to 30 minutes in either direction to get some decent eating options. You can only eat at the King's Shops so many times.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 11:24 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Silver, Hyatt
Try Kirin for dinner

Hi,

Just got back from a week at HWV --- hope to post a full trip report soon. However, in the meantime I can definitely recommend the Kirin restaurant for dinner -- very good food indeed, we weren't expecting it right on site but there you go.

In particular, we had the 'Dragon' set meal for 2 that included, among other things, some sort of Honey Prawns (don't remember the exact name) that were amazing.

Good meal overall, a bit pricey but to be expected at a large isolated resort like this.

Wish I could recommend more outside of HWV, but aside from the King's shops we didn't find much nearby. Some decent places in Waimea and Kona-Kailua of course, but those 30+ minute drives so not exactly "nearby".

Best,

--goneflyin
Old Oct 22, 2004, 11:56 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
I took the shuttle for a buck to the Kings shops and brought back some to go Plate Dinners for around 6 bucks. Tons of rice, chicken, and potato salad. Everyone on the monorail was drooling esp when told the price.

Up on the side road there is a small grocery and there is a pub that was decent up there as well with mice running all over the floors!!
Old Oct 22, 2004, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
At the HHV, try Todai's for a nice, filling buffet.

aloha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.