Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2003, 4:00 pm

Last October as gold treated VERY well, suite upgrade in Ocean tower, daily breakfast (full) coupons for both of us. In 4 years of staying with Hiltons by far best treatment! HHV on the other hand was complete let down one week later, left early!

Old Aug 11, 2003, 4:56 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just got back Saturday from HWV. Hotel was 100% booked. It was HOT. Remembered why I do not go to Hawaii in summer (this was a family reunion for Hawaii newbies).

We are only gold, had ten award rooms for 20 family members. The seven golds got ocean view rooms in the Ocean Tower. The three silvers (who also checked in late separate from the pack) had golf view rooms in Palace. HWV no longer gives breakfast coupons (and I tried VERY hard). They have a mini-lounge for gold breakfast in the Palace Tower, very skimpy. Instead, we paid for Palm Terrace which was much less crowded without all the coupon recipients. The OT rooms do not have the pillow top mattresses and fluffy comforters that our Lagoon Tower rooms had in April but were otherwise the same. Pros and cons to each location. Overall, I liked having the adult pool right by the OT elevator even though it is a hike to the gym and business center. They sent up a fruit plate for returning visitors and handled our dinner res's for 20 very nicely.

Also spent two paid nights at HHV Ali'i Tower first. Hotel also sold out. Very pleasant stay. Views on comparable floors are better in the Rainbow Tower but Ali'i rooms are much nicer. Went for a pedicure at the Mandara Spa and used the gym there which is air-conditioned and larger and better equipped than the Ali'i Tower one. The Kalia pool is much less crowded, too. HHV still gives breakfast coupons.

Old Aug 12, 2003, 10:06 pm

Just got back home Aug 2 after an ALON stay as a Diamond at HWV.

To answer some of your questions:

I sent an email asking for an oceanview room on a high floor of the Ocean Tower. Upon checkin, our room was right where we asked for it, room 6042. Didn't even have to ask again. Great room, it was not a suite, but I believe they don't have any with good views. Excellent view of Buddha Point and the ocean. I would bet any room in the Ocean Tower between 6040-6070 would be a superb view. It was very close to the lounge.

Ate breakfast there everyday. Fresh fruit, bagels, coffee, juice, etc. Nothing hot. This was great to get the day started. Also, stopped by in the afternoons after the beach to get a soda or cookie. We only made it for hor's doeurves once and even that was a waste of time.

The hotel was fantastic, although we didn't spend much time there. We were not charged an activity fee. If you do just want to relax, you can definately do it at the resort though. But there are so many things to do.

Some great things we did outside of the resort:
Visited volcano
Did 2.5 hour horseback ride in Waipio Valley with Na'alapaa Stables
Went on Captain Beans Sunset Dinner Cruise (mai tais were flowing and they picked us up/dropped us off at the HWV)
Hapuna Beach
+more
Old Aug 13, 2003, 6:58 am

Programs: Everyone!
weold - thanks for your post.

That lounge you describe is the Diamond Lounge? (Am I crazy, because I thought that Diamonds had a different lounge?)

Also, how did you like the horseback ride - I just looked at the site, and it looks like a pretty good deal.

http://www.naalapastables.com/waipionaalapastables/
Old Aug 13, 2003, 5:13 pm

Would appreciate more comments on Diamond "treats" for Alon - will arrive August 19 for seven nights.

Which tower offers bet rooms ?

Cheers

Thomas
Old Aug 14, 2003, 8:55 am

jkzahn-

yes, those are the stables. It was a great time. Beautiful scenery from the valley floor.

The lounge we used was the diamond/exec lounge on the sixth floor of the Ocean tower. I was not aware of any other diamond lounge on the property. Your best bet is to fill up for breakfast here. Other than that, you aren't missing anything if you don't go unless you need a Coke.

We were also sent a plate of fruit our first night as a thanks for being an HHonors member. Nothing special.

To be honest with you, we did not spend much time at all on the grounds. We were usually out being tourists.
Old Aug 14, 2003, 11:41 am

Programs: CO, DL, UA, AA, HH
Can someone tell me who to email for an upgrade at the Waikola property. I have Gold status, and will be checking on August 29.
Old Aug 22, 2003, 6:44 pm

Help for HWV 35th Anniversary Trip

I'm sure this question has been answered before, but I've searched the forum and haven't found the answer. We're reserved for 10 days on 2 ALON certificates starting 9/10 at HWV. It's for our 35th anniversary and I really want this to be special. Therefore the right room, with the right view matters a bunch. I think I know what rooms to request but don't know how to get in touch with the GM prior to arrival to make an upgrade request. I'm just Gold, but do almost all my overnights at a Hilton property for the past 5-6 years. Appreciate any help.

I will check back on the forum, but my home email is [email protected]

Many thanks in advance as the posts I've read here give me the information I need to make this anniversary trip as special as we hope it will be.

------------------
Jan
Old Aug 22, 2003, 8:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
No guarantees for Gold.

The property is fabulous, anywhere

Go to the hilton page and get the e-mail and tell them your situation. Let them know what you want and ask what you need to do to get it!

Happy ana, and good luck

Woops, where is my manners. Welcome to FT. If e-mail not available, send an overnight letter to the GM. That will get someones attention. If not too proud AND really honest, send a copy of your marriage license)they get a lot of bogus requests!). Thats is what I would do.

[This message has been edited by ranles (edited 08-22-2003).]
Old Aug 23, 2003, 4:46 pm

Jan -- First and foremost, welcome to Flyertalk, and congratulations on your upcoming anniversary!

Now, go check your e-mail...
Old Aug 23, 2003, 9:11 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Also congrats!

You also may want to peruse
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/008293.html for some general ideas about rooms, views, upgrade strategies, et al.
Old Aug 24, 2003, 10:43 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Janjanjan:
Therefore the right room, with the right view matters a bunch. </font>
My Choice would be Ocean Tower xx60's to xx80's.
Old Aug 24, 2003, 4:33 pm

Thank you all so much. I am an avid pursuer of all award opportunities and I'm finding more information in a single week of browsing this site than I've ever learned from all the folks I've met in various airport and hotel lounges.

I will post a trip report when we return at the end of September.

------------------
Jan
Old Aug 24, 2003, 5:43 pm

I really enjoyed this. I'd found about half the posts with creative searching but half I hadn't found. Especially helpful was the information about rental cars. I still can't decide about the 4wd or not, since we love convertibles, but I can see we need a car. We'll be there 10 days for our 35th anniversary and are looking forward to it.
Old Aug 24, 2003, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Gold
I'm a lowly Gold too and husband & I will be there on an ALON also at the end of September. Maybe we'll see you there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.