Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:55 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
I liked HWV, far more than HHV. It is a beautiful property and watching the waves come in can be relaxing and peaceful ^
Old Jan 23, 2005, 11:41 am

Location: CA; Husband AA Lifetime Plat/7 MM; HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by BXIAN
We will be there in August-our first family trip since I made Diamond!
Do you remember what time you checked in?
If you email [email protected] , they will email you a price list for all their services, including massages.

We went last year in July. My husband is a Diamond. We checked in around 6:30 pm and were given room 6068 (I believe) in the Ocean Tower; that room directly overlooks the Seaside putting course and Buddha Point. I emailed [email protected] one week before our arrival, and asked to have a room in the Ocean Tower, if possible xx50 or higher. I received a reply within 24 hours that our requests had been noted in the reservation. I'd recommend emailing about a week prior to your arrival and making any requests then.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Answers to questions

Originally Posted by BXIAN
We will be there in August-our first family trip since I made Diamond!
Do you remember what time you checked in?
Do you remember the price of the massage?
We checked in around 2:45 on January 10. As written in my report, the hotel was only 60% full for 5 of our 6 night stay--only Saturday our last night was full.

The massage cost was $120. I wouldnt consider it a spectacular massage but it was a nice way to end a wonderful stay.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 10:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
We stayed in the Ocean Tower at HWV in February 2003. We had a great time. My wife still talks about the cheesy music they played in the tram. Is that still going on? Some song that goes "What did I do to deserve you..." We heard that song so many times that it still haunts us today.

Last edited by Jeeves; Jan 24, 2005 at 10:33 pm Reason: My kids think they remember the lyrics better than me!
Old Jan 25, 2005, 12:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Thank you for that great report! I am going there this Thursday and have printed it out to take with me.

Do I dare ask... as a lowly Silver, can I expect any perks?
Old Jan 25, 2005, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by flying_kittens
Thank you for that great report! I am going there this Thursday and have printed it out to take with me.

Try contacting the hotel as soon as possible in advance of your trip. Hopefully this will help you at least get an upgrade. However, I do not believe you will have access to the lounges.

I also think the Ocean Tower is top notch - espescially if you get one with a view of Buddha Point.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 6:08 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?

flying_kittens,

I see you are a NW Elite Silver and there is a fast track to Gold for 6 stays in 90 days offer which expires Feb 28.... Might be worth checking into for you.

Add: Second the vote for Ocean Tower. The other nice view is at the restaurant xxxx Provision Company. Dinner was decent, but not fantastic but the view was nice. If you don't want to pay for the high priced dinner, get a coffee and go sit there during the day - you get the same view minus the seat cushion...

Last edited by Snoopyo; Jan 26, 2005 at 6:10 am
Old Jan 30, 2005, 3:49 pm

Smile HWV: trip report in progress

Aloha from the Waikoloa Village! Thanks to those who suggested I e-mail them and request an upgrade. I don't know if we were upgraded, but I do have a room on the HHonors floor (7th) of the Palace Tower. I'm enjoying my lanai and the ocean view, as I sip my Kona coffee. I think this tower has the best/most central location.

Overall, I'm quite pleased. The pools are interesting, with lots of elbow room. There's no scramble for chairs, like at other resorts. I like the variety of restaurants and the friendly service. The grounds are gorgeous.

There are a few peeves, but they are minor:

*I wish this hotel had a sandy beach, rather than a lava beach.

*Ants! Ants in my bed! Ants invading any sodas or fruit left out for more than 15 minutes. They're tiny ants, but annoying nonetheless.

*Pot! Pot smokers on a nearby lanai, lighting up at 6:30 every morning, drifting into my room. I called the consierge this morning, and they forwarded me to security, who said they'd come out and investigate. It doesn't bother me on a moral or legal ground, but I'd rather not be woken up by the smell. Obnoxious.

*A few too many kids around, but most seem well-behaved. I am glad there's an adult pool, but I wish it was bigger.

I am two doors down from the Executive Lounge, which had this lowly Silver drooling with envy. I walked in yesterday to look around, but I wasn't all that impressed and realized I wasn't missing that much. Every morning, the lounge staff slams the doors open loudly and talks loudly as they wheel the food carts past my door. I wish they were a little more thoughtful of those trying to sleep.

I love the little boat trams, the pool water slides, and the coffee. My god, the coffee!! As a caffeine-addicted Pacific Northwest resident, it's heaven to have this delicious Kona coffee available all around me.

The luau on Friday night was entertaining, but I wish the buffet food had been a tad bit better.

I like the artwork adorning the walkways. I've seen a few wild kitty cats around. If you have to be a stray cat, this is the place to be one. They seem quite content.

The weather has been perfect... sunny, about 80.

That's all for now. Back into the sunshine!
Old Feb 1, 2005, 12:09 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Glad to hear you are having a good time. Thanks for the "real-time" trip report.

You should holler really loud out your window, when you smell the pot, "Snacks are now being served in the main hotel lobby." Maybe that will get them to go away for at least a little bit.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 7:46 am

Glad to hear you are enjoying it!

I thought the Gold breakfast was average, but for the price I wasnt too picky.

I highly suggest the chinese place for lunch or dinner, plus Roy's up the street.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 11:37 am

Today is my last day here, and I just woke up to a warm tropical rain. Although it smells good, it does make it a little easier to leave.

One major complaint... morning room service! Has anyone else had this problem here? On Friday, there was a 90-minute wait for breakfast, today a 2-hour wait. I find that unacceptable. I politely requested they waive the $4 delivery fee if it would take so long (for Continental breakfast!) and they refused. Both days, the excuse was "we're busy."
Old Feb 1, 2005, 4:03 pm

Today is my last day here, and I just woke up to a warm tropical rain. Although it smells good, it does make it a little easier to leave.

One major complaint... morning room service! Has anyone else had this problem here? On Friday, there was a 90-minute wait for breakfast, today a 2-hour wait. I find that unacceptable. I politely requested they waive the $4 delivery fee if it would take so long (for Continental breakfast!) and they refused. Both days, the excuse was "we're busy."
Ask to speak to the Food & Beverage Manager. Busy or not, they should have the staff on-site to handle it. If all else fails, stop by and see the manager on duty.

Get to see a turtle in the lagoon?
Old Feb 4, 2005, 10:17 am

HWV Breakfast

I have a stay a couple of weeks at HWV. I know they don't give breakfast coupons out any more. I have several from a trip 2 years ago that I didn't use. What are the chances that they would honor these? They don't have an expiration date on them.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 8:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I'd certainly try them. Since they didn't bother with an expiration date, it's their problem, IMO.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 8:30 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond, , AA Gold, Bonvoy Titaniu
We were there at pretty much the same time-- 1/27-2/2. Even though we emailed and called in advance we were unable to get any "upgrade" at all. Frankly, it was hard work to get a room that was basically sanitary (our first room in the Ocean Tower featured mold on the faucets, filthy glassware, torn carpet and the ambience of a poorly maintained Motel 6). We were moved to the 3rd floor of the Palace Tower with a fabulous view of a service road. The public areas were much more attractive than the rooms, but the tram did break down repeatedly (and the tram clocks were a joke, after waiting 15 minutes for a tram that the stand said would arrive in "2 minutes", my husband gave up and carried our 30 lb sleeping toddler, diaper bag, and bag of sundries across the complex).

The ALON award pretty much emptied our HHonors account-- What a disappointment! Especially when contrasted with the wonderful SPG award stay we had at the Moana Surfrider 1/22-1/27. Of our two weeks in Hawaii, the HWV was definitely the low point. The Moana treated us as honored guests, the HWV gave us the absolute minimum they could (the worst room and total indifference to our vacation priorities).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.