Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2004, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by GoodTimes
All the deserts at Roy's are delicious!

How about the ribs in a restaurant in the King's Shops - can't remember the name of the restaurant unfortunately.

Food in the Hilton Waikoloa is so overpriced !
I think the Kings Shops ribs come from the Big Island Steak House. They cater the HF+T Mauna Kea trip dinner...I tasted them, and they were great. Probably served abit fresher and hotter inside the restaurant, but then again, being inside doesn't compare to the experience of eating dinner on the mountain

I think most hotel food is overpriced, especially in Hawaii...we never sampled the food at the HWV, but we paid almost $18 for one muffin, one danish and two juices at the Westin Maui. I believe the Hawaiian phrase would be nui ka ho'olilo, which would make a fancy sounding name for an overpriced hotel restaurant

Last edited by bocastephen; Oct 26, 2004 at 10:20 am Reason: bad grammar day
Old Oct 27, 2004, 8:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC Elite, Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I think the Kings Shops ribs come from the Big Island Steak House. They cater the HF+T Mauna Kea trip dinner...I tasted them, and they were great. Probably served abit fresher and hotter inside the restaurant, but then again, being inside doesn't compare to the experience of eating dinner on the mountain

I think most hotel food is overpriced, especially in Hawaii...we never sampled the food at the HWV, but we paid almost $18 for one muffin, one danish and two juices at the Westin Maui. I believe the Hawaiian phrase would be nui ka ho'olilo, which would make a fancy sounding name for an overpriced hotel restaurant
That's it! Big Island Steak House. Best ribs ever! It's making my mouth water right now, just thinking about it! Yummy!
Old Oct 27, 2004, 8:34 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
That's it! Big Island Steak House. Best ribs ever! It's making my mouth water right now, just thinking about it! Yummy!

Ahhhh, ribs at the Big Island Steak House
Old Oct 27, 2004, 8:54 am

http://www.waikoloabeachresort.com/f...bigislandsteak
Old Oct 28, 2004, 1:05 pm

I would definately try Sam Choy's on the Big Island. Check www.samchoys.com for address, but it's one traffic light south of the Keahole Airport going toward Kona in an industrial park. Great food, enourmous portions, in an almost cafeteria style location.
There is also a Roy's in the Shopping Plaza at the entrance to the Hilton Waikoloa and Outrigger/Marriott Waikoloa. Definitely worth a dinner or two (upscale Hawaiian fusion).
For simpler fare that's close, there are a couple of sandwich/pizza joints in the Waikoloa Village (just follow the road upcountry to Waikoloa, you cant miss anything).
Finally, I'd either buy the Frommer's Big Island guide or at least visit www.frommer's.com. In 7 years all over the Hawaiian Islands, their recommendations on food, accomodations, or attractions have never been wrong.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 8:28 pm

We just got back - I plan on submitting a trip report but wanted to give a couple quick thoughts:

1) We loved the HWV & our room in the Ocean Tower.
2) Roy's was awesome for dinner and dessert.
3) We tried the Hard Rock in Kona for lunch and thought it was typical food but an amazing location. There was also an Outback nearby.
4) The pizza at the Kona Brewing Company was yummy and the adult beverages even yummier!
Old Nov 15, 2004, 10:16 am

Hilton Waikoloa Village (HWV) & The Entertainment Book

I purchased the Hawaii edition of the Entertainment Book two years ago for my trip to the Hilton Hawaii Village (HHV) and found it worthwhile as it had BOGOs at many of the hotel's restuarants as well as other Oahu Island coupons. I don't remember if it had good offerings for the Hilton Waikoloa Village (HWV) that I will be visiting in January. Plus, the offerings change every year. So, does anyone know how valuable this book is for a trip to HWV and the Big Island? Does anybody have the most recent 2005 edition that could list some of the offers for the HWV and the Big Island? Just trying to determine if the cost is worth the benefit for a one week stay. Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2004, 10:58 am

HWV Upgrades - UPDATE

Took a look at the upgrade posts on the HWV and most seem to be a little dated. So, can anyone update me on the following:

Are the Ocean tower XX60-XX80 rooms on a high floor still the best to request? Or has another building been recently renovated?

Are breakfast coupons still available? If not, can golds get access to the Ocean tower lounge or just the Palace?

Have any golds had luck with a suite (not room) upgrade?

Anyone have names, email addresses, or fax numbers that they have had success with requests in the past?

Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2004, 1:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
I'd love to have this info as well ... we leave Sunday for Kona, and a return to HWV!

Can't wait!
Old Nov 15, 2004, 4:28 pm
DH

Originally Posted by Derf
Are the Ocean tower XX60-XX80 rooms on a high floor still the best to request? Or has another building been recently renovated?
Can't comment since we stayed in Ocean Tower garden view. No upgrade for Gold.

Are breakfast coupons still available? If not, can golds get access to the Ocean tower lounge or just the Palace?
Gold gets access to Gold VIP lounge in Palace Tower.

Have any golds had luck with a suite (not room) upgrade?

Anyone have names, email addresses, or fax numbers that they have had success with requests in the past?

Thanks!
Good luck!
Old Nov 15, 2004, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum 3MM - DL - UA - HHONORS - HYATT - MARRIOTT - SPG
I was there Oct 29 - Nov 4 with a party of 5 using 2 ALON certificates which is prebooked as garden view Lanai. We were upgraded to Ocean Tower rooms 5063 / 5064 which were nice.

They were very underbooked for the week. Pools, trams, restauarants etc.. were not crowded at all. Parking lot was empty of cars every time I came or left.

The best rooms are Ocean tower XX60 - XX80, fifth floor or higher to be above the palm trees with ocean views.

We had 2 rooms, 1 Diamond and 3 Gold members in a party of 5 and the Diamond status applied to both rooms.

We were told no suites since we had 2 rooms, but the upgrade was nice.

After a long unhappy discussion with the manager on duty about the lousy policies for Diamond members on amenities,

There are no free breakfast coupons for anyone at this property.

You only get 2 free bottles of Kohala water per room per stay regardless of length or number of Elite members. Fiji is $ 4.00 each

Diamonds have access to Diamond Lounge on the 6th floor of the Ocean tower.

Golds get Palace tower lounge access.

Modem Dialup access is free for calls under 1 hr each, then 10 cents a minute. We connected for 55 minutes several times and then redialed as needed.

High Speed access is $ 10.00 per day unlimited use.

Valet Parking was free with Handicapped Plates.

I thought 4 free bottles of water for 5 people for 6 nights was cheap, but we ate all 6 breakfasts in the lounge, a few evenings for the hot snacks and dropped by for free sodas and the fresh baked cookies often.

Room folio was $ 1.00 for a call to to the luau at the Mauna Kea resort which has a great beach for snorkeling.

Enjoy
Old Nov 16, 2004, 8:36 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
you've got mail. I can send you scanned images of the table of contents section which includes a "coupons by island" section.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 10:43 pm

Dear Derf,

Once you saw the scanned pages, did it seem worth it? I too found the E. book useful at HHV. Am considering HWV this summer.

Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2004, 11:14 pm

Unfortunately, I didn't see any of the HWV restaurants included and it seemed like the majority of discounts were for Oahu (Honolulu).
Old Nov 17, 2004, 1:11 pm
DH

Originally Posted by Redeemed
Dear Derf,

Once you saw the scanned pages, did it seem worth it? I too found the E. book useful at HHV. Am considering HWV this summer.

Thanks
E books aren't much of use outside of Oahu and Maui.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.