Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2001, 10:24 am

I agree SWEEEEET hotel....best on the top of my list!!
Old Jan 12, 2001, 1:22 pm

My husband and I were there in May last year, we were upgraded and were able to use the hilton honors room. It was great the service the people, I used my 6 nite award and a 3 nite award. My in-laws stayed at a rate of $150.00 through the internet and also was upgraded, they had the view of the golf course. which was also excellent.
Old Jan 12, 2001, 1:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I think the only thing lacking at the Hilton is a really good beach. But good beaches in general on the Big Island are somewhat scarce, especially when compared to some of the other islands, Maui in particular.

The Hilton does have the man-made lagoon, but I thought it was kind of murky.
Old Jan 12, 2001, 3:34 pm

Mileageaddict-Im there in the 6th-for 6 days hope to see u there(unless work stops the trip)hey i cant wait now-thanks for the possitive imput-I can taste that lava flow NOW
Old Jan 14, 2001, 11:00 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Hilton has a free shuttle to the hotel next door which has a great beach - Royal Waikoloan. Also to the shops and restaurants. Try Roy's for excellent island Asian fusion. Our family LOVES the Hilton Waikoloa and has been there when Hyatt as well. Romantic evening boat rides...The outdoor cafe by the dolphins has an excellent grilled ahi sandwich - my daughter and I shared it since it was huge. You are killing me - I want to go too!!! We did get upgraded to the Towers lounge on an award as Gold members.
Old Jan 15, 2001, 5:44 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
So, is the jist of this thread that this property is THE TOP in the Hilton/Conrad line?

Reports on the Rome Cavalari are also good,
but its remote location is reported as a set
back. The Conrad HKG seems to get mixed reviews, depending on location of the room.

Which property, worldwide, ranks No 1 - with no drawbacks at all?

Old Jan 15, 2001, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Just a suggestion, you might want to start a separate thread on this topic. I know when I "graze" through here, I only stop and read or respond to topics that interest me at the moment. You might only get the folks interested in Hawaii to notice this. To respond to your question, however, Hilton doesn't have too many resorts, but I can't imagine anything topping this. I'm planning on visiting the Conrad in Punta del Este, Uruguay this fall. I also enjoyed the Noga Hilton in Cannes, France. It has a pretty spectacular locale - the French Riviera with a view of the Mediterranean.
Old Jan 20, 2001, 9:35 am

As a Gold VIP I was upgraded to Exec level on a reward stay. I highly recommend the property. Also, ask the concierge about Merriman's, for some of the best food you will ever eat.
Old Jan 22, 2001, 9:45 am

I'm there on the 10th for 6 nights with my wife and son! I can't wait. Thanks for the info here!
Old Jan 22, 2001, 12:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I second the suggestion of Merriman's. Don't miss it.
Old Jan 22, 2001, 2:38 pm

I just wanted to add one little bit of advice, if you go to visit the volcano make sure you have a full tank of gas. For some reason nearly all the gas stations close after dark, and although I didn't run out had over 1/2 a tank when leaving the volcano, and was in the red zone before the next open gas station.
Old Jan 23, 2001, 1:02 am
DOC 2 BE

I third Merrimans!

In addition, try to rent a convertible while you are there. You will not regret itbut remember the sunscreen!

We rented a red Camaro and a Japanese pop singer loved it so much that he asked to take pictures in it! The guy's name was, I kid you not, Morishi Ishi (sp?). It turned out that he was on the level, as the hotel naturally had a lot of Japanese tourists staying there and when I asked a number of young Japanese girlies if they has heard of him they SCREAMED with delight -- Morishi Ishi here??????

Anyway, we had pictures taken with him and when my wife went to Nagano for the Winter Olympics, she showed the pictures and was treated by the Japanese wait staff at certain hotels/restaurants as a VIP!!

Whadday Know?

[This message has been edited by DOC 2 BE (edited 03-11-2001).]

Old Mar 7, 2001, 4:36 pm

Waikoloa Village Anyone?

I was wondering if anyone hadrecommendations for restaurants or activities or even comments about the Hilton Waikoloa Village?

Your input would be greatly appeciated as a I will be there for my honeymoon in early September.

I was even lucky enough to get award travel (ALON) for 6-nights but it almost took a downward spiral as I called the Hilton reservations 800# and they told me my dates were no longer available, however, when I called the HWV direct they were happy to satisfy my request. I guess the message is "when in doubt, go straight to the source"

Thanks!!!
Old Mar 7, 2001, 4:48 pm

jkl888 -- Have fun on your honeymoon!

[This message has been edited by Eugene (edited 03-07-2001).]
Old Mar 7, 2001, 5:49 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Did you hear back from them yet by chance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.