Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2000, 10:24 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I did just finally get around to sending a letter ... not looking for anything, just letting them know some areas that need some work.

Interestingly enough, on that tour there's a bulletin board that shows how the hotel rates in various areas - customer satisfaction, revenue generated per room, etc. The employee job satisfaction rating was very low. I'm afraid if employees aren't happy, guests often know it.
Old Jul 19, 2000, 11:25 pm

One problem here is many times hotel is 30% full so they close restaurants and lay off maids. The really dump thing is they refuse people all the time no award stays allowed. Now imagine if they let people stay there they would spend money at meals ,golf, pool etc. That way the maids and restaurant people aren't laid off. Seems to simple!
Old Jul 20, 2000, 4:49 am

> The really dump [sic] thing is they refuse
> people all the time no award stays
> allowed.

Never, ever trust the central resv desk re:
hotel awards. ALWAYS contact the hotel
directly.

-doug
Old Jul 23, 2000, 5:08 pm

I spent part of my honeymoon at the Waikoloa in Sept. 1999 and it was fabulous! Used the ALON reward and had nothing but compliments on the staff, service and the upkeep of the hotel. We later stayed at the Hyatt in Maui and were actually disappointed there because of the magnificent first week at the Hilton. We are dying to go back but other vacations await!
Old Jul 27, 2000, 6:29 pm

letiole -- First of all, please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered. If you wouldn't mind, could you please e-mail your name, HHonors account number, and the dates of your stay (as well as your traveling companions')? I'd like to forward this to the hotel -- this is definitely NOT typical for them and I know they'd want the opportunity to address your concerns.

Again -- sorry for the difficulties.

Best regards,

Adam Burke
Senior Director, Marketing
Hilton HHonors Worldwide
[email protected]
Old Jan 9, 2001, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A Really Nice Stay At The Hilton Waikaloa

Hilton Waikaloa comes through. Really fantastic place with great service, food and ambience. I did not see any rust, chipped paint or anything needing repair. Super upkeep. Upon check-in the front desk guy sez we are upgraded to the executive level. Actually it was not an exec level room but we had access to it (yes, the room was very fine indeed). Comp access to the soothing spa comes with exec level. A comp 1/2 lb box of choc covered mec nuts and a nice blue bottle of water was already in the room. A sign in the room invited us to pay the "$18 resort fee" for an assortment of minor services. I declined to do so. Restaurants were good except dont get the black male waiter with the cheap gold jelewry if you expect any reasonable service in the Orchid Lounge. The avocado club sandwich came w/o avocado, the ice water never came and we had to flag him down for the check. He offered to bring the avocado after the meal was totally over. NO THANKS. The waitresses on other days were great.

The exec lounge had the largest assortment of breakfast items AND evening snackies I have ever seen in any executive or concierge lounge in any hotel.....and all were fresh and delicious. Deep fried scallops one night, smoked salmon open-faced sammishes another etc. Standard honor bar $4-$6 incl champagne on ice. Get there early for it closes at 7:00:00 PM sharp!!

A $8 valet parking charge magically appeared on my bill between the one slid under the door and the final one. The FD is skilled in removing such. Stay posted to HHonors within 4 days but the airline and car info did not survive the translation.

Overall I would give them 4.5* outta 5 stars. WAY TO GO HILTON!!!

[This message has been edited by MisterNice (edited 01-09-2001).]
Old Jan 9, 2001, 5:43 pm

Were U on a paid stay or award?
Thanks for all the info. Im there in Feb
Roslyn

------------------
Hyatt Diamond/Hilton Diamond/Sheraton Platinum/UAEP
Old Jan 9, 2001, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

t'belle-

This was a paid stay over the Christmas holidays at the non-refundable rate of $175/night/ (I found it on the www.hilton.com site). A really nice deal, and they have even improved the former Hyatt property.
Old Jan 10, 2001, 1:13 am

Im on a 6 night award. i was just wondering if ill get to exec.
thanks for the reply
Old Jan 10, 2001, 6:20 am
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Tinkybelle,

Speaking from personal experience and from what I've read on this board, you have a good chance of being upgraded to Towers as a VIP at Waikaloa.

Enjoy your trip!
Old Jan 10, 2001, 8:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Hey, even if you don't get upgraded, this place is fantastic. I stayed in what I presume was a "regular" room. No complaints here. I was like a little kid on those water slides. And the massage, by the ocean? Ahhhh....
Old Jan 10, 2001, 4:18 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Thanks for the report. I'll be there with my wife and little boy next month. Due to the repsone I received on this board, I moved my stay from the Hilton Noprth Shore to the Waikaloa location.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: The Airline Mileage Workshop
Old Jan 11, 2001, 9:07 am

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Excellent move, MileageAddict!
Old Jan 11, 2001, 10:04 am
doc

Enjoy the break, MA!

I'm constantly being asked when we are going back to this place by various family members!

And a friend of mine on a FREE trip using points, who is also HHonors Diamond, was upgraded to a nice ocean view room on the Exec. Floor! I specifically remember because I paid for mine!
Old Jan 11, 2001, 12:52 pm
BSL

Let me echo all ya'll's sentiments about this hotel. SIMPLY WONDERFUL.

My wife and I went in Oct. and found that it simply excellent. My silver card did not get us upgraded on our free stay, but we spent little time in the room anyway. The complex is basically a big U and if you are in the middle and facing the sea we found that the lounge chairs over on the far right are perfect for lazing away the day. We spent multiple days over there putting the canopy up then down and falling asleep in the to the sound of the waves. Also the seaside pool on the far right (away from the dolphins) has the perfect waterfall. (Yes it is very possible to climb up into it and have your cares pounded out of your shoulders by free falling water.)

For those of you who drink, get a lava flow. (not bad but melts quickly.)

We may go back again ASAP the trip was that good.

BSL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.