Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AY Visa Credit card with Aktia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: AY+ Silver, SK EB Silver, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by cheesyfeet
Time: 9:02 PM. Android in English language. Finnair Visa app did not work, gave the error "Use of service not successful, please try again, bla bla" after bank ID.
Time: 9:03 PM. Changed Android language to Finnish.
Time: 9:04 PM. Opened Finnair Visa app and it started working, authentication with bank ID successful, could activate the card etc.
Time: 9:05 PM. Changed Android language back to English. Finnair Visa app continued to work.

Too much coincidence not to be about the language change, IMHO. But there might be other reasons for the app not working for somebody else, such as the phone number issue...
I also tried authenticating myself immediately before and after changing the language so I also doubt it's just a coincidence.

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
If I want to change my PIN code, I can do it in the app, but it means they'll send a new card with the new PIN. For comparison, with Raiffeisen I got my card with a pre-assigned in the bank, walked to the ATM and changed the PIN right away - it's an actual option on the ATM screen.
I wonder why they don't just let you choose the PIN code in the application process. Probably so that they can charge you 10 € for letting you choose your PIN afterwards.

By the way, just checking your PIN code in the app costs 5 € according to the fee list on their website. They sure are trying their best to incur as many fees as possible from this product.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I can confirm that the authentication worked after changing language and region settings (not sure why my region was not already Finland though). It only matters at the first authentication; you can reset the language to your preference afterwards.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Anyone has a clue where to change the default repayment percentage for billing?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:47 pm

I would send message via app.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 6:29 pm

Has anyone ordered an additional card (rinnakkaiskortti) for their better half? Did the process work smoothly?

Is it true that with the additional card, the points collected from purchases made on the additional card will go to the additional card holder's own Finnair Plus account, not the main card holder's?
LoungeEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by Courmisch
I have tried to find what my percentage is - I think I wrote 100% when applying but where can I check it? Aktias webpage says I have no card at all......
Old Jul 1, 2022, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Originally Posted by Superfast
I would send message via app.
I had the same question and used the messaging function in the app. Reply came by the following day (maybe faster, didn't check often)

At the same time - if you don't want paper invoice, you need to set up a e-lasku in your OWN bank's webbank. Select "Aktia Pankki Oyj" as invoicer and add your Finnish SOTU. That's supposed to take care of it.
Clydez and jonivatj like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
At the same time - if you don't want paper invoice, you need to set up a e-lasku in your OWN bank's webbank. Select "Aktia Pankki Oyj" as invoicer and add your Finnish SOTU. That's supposed to take care of it.
In S-Pankki it's "Aktia Visa/MasterCard". I did that a week ago, but the first invoice came through OmaPosti app. No additional fees.
WilcoRoger likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 11:33 am

In S-Pankki it's "Aktia Visa/MasterCard". I did that a week ago, but the first invoice came through OmaPosti app. No additional fees.
In OP there are two options:

Aktia Pankki Oyj
Aktia/Finnair Visa luottokortti

and

Aktia Visa/MasterCard
e-lasku

So it's marked clearly which to choose.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 9:21 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, LH, Accor, IHG, Scandic, Tallink
In S-Pankki it's "Aktia Visa/MasterCard".
Originally Posted by cheesyfeet
In OP there are two options:
I'm using the S-Pankki and find those two options for the e-lasku as well. I chose the "Aktia/Finnair Visa".
Old Jul 2, 2022, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by jann3
I'm using the S-Pankki and find those two options for the e-lasku as well. I chose the "Aktia/Finnair Visa".
Thanks, I chose both options just in case.

Did you or anyone else already receive the first invoice?

Last edited by Superfast; Jul 2, 2022 at 2:13 am
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:43 am

Thanks, I chose both options just in case.

Did you or anyone else already receive the first invoice?
I received my first bill some days ago..eräpäivä15.7.

You can see your invoice at Finnair Visa app..Näytettävät kortit…näytä laskut.

Paid my bill yesterday but no points to be seen on my AY site so far.

Seems this way its different from Nordea Finnair MC.. which shows the points as soon as the invoice has been issued by the bank.
WilcoRoger and TapioR like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
The invoicing period seems to end on the 28th of the month - same as Nordea MC.
Andy70 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I managed to throw the welcome letter away without reading it, thinking there would be nothing of particular interest there… Now I’m wondering if I should’ve activated it some way, as the physical card gets declined if I try to use it (Apple Pay works).

Can’t find any function to activate it on the iOS app though. Have I missed something?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: Finnair
Originally Posted by lkrt
I managed to throw the welcome letter away without reading it, thinking there would be nothing of particular interest there… Now I’m wondering if I should’ve activated it some way, as the physical card gets declined if I try to use it (Apple Pay works).

Can’t find any function to activate it on the iOS app though. Have I missed something?
I had this same problem. Card worked normally through Google Pay but the physical card got rejected. Called Aktia and they said that my card activation was only "partly completed" when I installed the app. They were able to fix it during the call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.