Wiki Posts
Search

New AY Visa Credit card with Aktia

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2021, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY LUMO
New AY Visa Credit card with Aktia

Aktia and Finnair have agreed on co-operation and will introduce a new Finnair Visa credit card into the market in spring 2022. With the co-operation, one of the most popular credit cards in the world will be made available to Finnair Plus members and at the same time, they will earn Finnair Plus points by making purchases with the card.

Finnair Plus points can be used not only for award flights but also, for example, for upgrading the travel class, hotel nights or gift cards from restaurants. Finnair Plus points can also be donated to different charities, such as UNICEF, CMI or The Finnish Association for Nature Conservation.

“We want to offer our customers first class means of payment, and co-operation with an iconic and reliable Finnish company such as Finnair is a special cause of joy for Aktia. I cannot wait to be able to introduce the new card into the market during next spring.” says Anssi Huhta, EVP, Director for Banking Business at Aktia.

“It is great that we can make a new way of making payments available to our customers together with Aktia. With the Finnair Visa credit card, our customers will have even more comprehensive opportunities to earn Finnair Plus points.” says Pekka Antila, Director of the Finnair Plus programme.

The procurement instructions and the more detailed card terms will follow later in spring 2022.

https://company.finnair.com/en/media...ews?id=4105309
Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
It's all about the earning rates.

PS - AFAIK this is not the first AY cobranded Visa, Leonia/Danske had/has one.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:38 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Nice! Looking forward to see the earing rates and fees.
Have been a happy aktia customer, good services. But their app, netbank is not the best.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY LUMO
The procurement instructions and the more detailed card terms will follow later in spring 2022.
6 days left in the spring and nothing out yet.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
6 days left in the spring and nothing out yet.
Maybe they were referring to southern hemisphere's spring? 😆
Old May 25, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I was approached by Aktia for talks and did. They had some Platinum card they offered and I started to explain after listening how many platinum cards I already have and if she understands those bring even more to me
She murmured something like ”yea I have heard something about those a little” and finally contemplated my current bank services were so good she couldnt offer me anything.
I appreciated she was honest and not pushy and wish good luck
Old May 25, 2022, 10:22 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
I was approached by Aktia for talks and did. They had some Platinum card they offered and I started to explain after listening how many platinum cards I already have and if she understands those bring even more to me
She murmured something like ”yea I have heard something about those a little” and finally contemplated my current bank services were so good she couldnt offer me anything.
I appreciated she was honest and not pushy and wish good luck
I guess the banks need a centurion type card since platinum is really the everyman's card these days 😃😃

Not saying this personally at FFlash just a general note that platinums don't really stand out these days 😃😃
Old Jun 3, 2022, 5:01 am

Programs: AY Silver. HHonors Gold & the other shiny cards you get with the AX plat
Aktia has today replied to a question on their FB page:
"Hienoa kuulla, että uutta yhteistyökorttiamme odotetaan mielenkiinnolla. Olemme itsekin innoissamme ja pääsemme kertomaan julkaisusta lisää aivan lähiaikoina."

Lähiaikoina = probably no earlier than after summer vacation period.

Last edited by TapioR; Jun 3, 2022 at 5:10 am
Old Jun 3, 2022, 6:07 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by TapioR
Aktia has today replied to a question on their FB page:
"Hienoa kuulla, että uutta yhteistyökorttiamme odotetaan mielenkiinnolla. Olemme itsekin innoissamme ja pääsemme kertomaan julkaisusta lisää aivan lähiaikoina."

Lähiaikoina = probably no earlier than after summer vacation period.
perhaps the professionals in the marketing comm space in Finland are too narrow and homogenous group. These texts sound all over too same everywhere😄
TapioR likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
So they start the hype in November (!) and still nothto show in June. Why should I trust my money to such an unreliable bank? ("alienating your potential customers school of marketing wisdom")
TapioR likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 11:02 pm

Programs: M&M
www. finnair.com /fi-fi/finnair-plus/finnair-visa-luottokortti

Now open. Sorry for the broken link, can’t post urls with less than 5 messages.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:42 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
This is now live:

Liittymisedut eri jäsenyystasoilla

Finnair Plus Basic – nouset Silver -tasolle 12 kuukaudeksi
Finnair Plus Silver – saat kaksi Finnair Lounge -passia Finnairin loungeihin Helsinki-Vantaan lentoasemalla
Finnair Plus Gold – saat kaksi matkustusluokan korotusta Euroopan reiteillä
Finnair Plus Platinum – saat kaksi matkustusluokan korotusta Euroopan reiteillä
Finnair Plus Platinum Lumo – saat kaksi matkustusluokan korotusta Euroopan reiteillä

https://www.aktia.fi/fi/uutisarkisto...credit--kortin
mpkz, Jainzar, manywhere and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:51 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Nice additional value for Lumo again. 3 pts / € is good.
r2d2, Jainzar and FinnLuft like this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:58 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by remymartin
This is now live:

Liittymisedut eri jäsenyystasoilla

Finnair Plus Basic – nouset Silver -tasolle 12 kuukaudeksi
Finnair Plus Silver – saat kaksi Finnair Lounge -passia Finnairin loungeihin Helsinki-Vantaan lentoasemalla
Finnair Plus Gold – saat kaksi matkustusluokan korotusta Euroopan reiteillä
Finnair Plus Platinum – saat kaksi matkustusluokan korotusta Euroopan reiteillä
Finnair Plus Platinum Lumo – saat kaksi matkustusluokan korotusta Euroopan reiteillä

https://www.aktia.fi/fi/uutisarkisto...credit--kortin
If I am reading that right - printing more vouchers creating further imbalance between demand and supply in the upgrade economy?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 1:36 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by intuition
If I am reading that right - printing more vouchers creating further imbalance between demand and supply in the upgrade economy?
I disagree.

These are SH upgrade vouchers, not LH upgrade vouchers. I have 20 SH flights with J cabin still booked this year and I could upgrade now each of those flights where I didn‘t do it yet.
mpkz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.