Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AY Visa Credit card with Aktia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:11 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Found it delighting that there's actually someone replying on the other end of that "message" functionality in the Finnair Visa app. While I have still received no official approval, I got info via messaging that the PIN has been mailed already and that the card should also arrive within a week or two. And the great thing: it's not a chat or a chatbot, as in you can just leave a message and they respond very fast!
r2d2 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I can't even get into the AY Visa app, so no chat for me. But also no any other form of communication either, so at least things are done consequently.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:41 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I can't even get into the AY Visa app, so no chat for me. But also no any other form of communication either, so at least things are done consequently.
If it was approved, you should at least have received a confirmation email through which you can get a bunch of legalese PDF documents.

That said, I have received the PIN, and I still can't get into the app, so not sure if there is any logical order.

FWIW, the Aktia.fi customer service website also reports nothing.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 5:33 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Should there have been a receipt of the application? I think I never got any.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by lkrt
Yes, if you provided email then you should have gotten a secure email from noreply[at]aktia.fi which says "Luottamuksellinen / Konfidentiellt / Confidential" and contains link to open the secure message.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Bwaah… The end of the line it is then for me…
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Aktia has to be the slowest bank I have ever dealt with 😁😁🤷‍♂️

A week And a half and not a word how many thousand applications do they need to review manually 😁😁🤷‍♂️
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by kauppias
Aktia has to be the slowest bank I have ever dealt with 😁😁🤷‍♂️

A week And a half and not a word how many thousand applications do they need to review manually 😁😁🤷‍♂️
Implying that they underestimated the interest from medium income people (for whatever their definition of that is) and that they overestimated the efficacy of their computer checks?

Noes... couldn't possibly be...
kauppias likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
I've received my card, looks pretty nice. Better than the SEB.
Havent checked terms yet, but probably will activate next month, so i can meet the first 3month spending
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Originally Posted by Superfast
Interesting card, but no travel insurance. I wonder why?
I suppose all extra services come with a cost, meaning that even a poor insurance cover would have brought up the price of the card or reduced the margin for the bank. I also find such insurances problematic, the main problem being that the customer takes comfort from the thought that "I'm insured by the card, I don't need anything else", while the customer might not know what the insurance actually covers and what you need to do for it to be valid in the first place (referring to the payment method of your travel costs here). AX Platinum is problematic for me in this respect: while the insurance is supposed to be good, it's of no use if you have paid your reservations with another card to maximise your AY plus points or for whatever other reason. So in my opinion the lack of insurance of the AY Visa isn't a bad thing at all and one can get a proper insurance from elsewhere and save the extra cost here.

It's surprising how many of us seem to be going through the manual process with our applications by the way. I'm on day 6 myself now, having only received the automatic post-application email, and no access through the app.
esledo, kauppias and Superfast like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by lkrt
Neither did I. Yesterday when there was the discussion here about the app, I downloaded it and saw that my application (which went to manual processing) was approved. Today I received the PIN code by snail mail.
kauppias likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Implying that they underestimated the interest from medium income people (for whatever their definition of that is) and that they overestimated the efficacy of their computer checks?

Noes... couldn't possibly be...

Indeed, not sure what income bracket I fall into but I refused to give their computer access to my banking records, so I chose the manual route, not in a hurry per se but I do find it amusing how slow their process is indeed 😁😁
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by loimu
I suppose all extra services come with a cost, meaning that even a poor insurance cover would have brought up the price of the card or reduced the margin for the bank. I also find such insurances problematic, the main problem being that the customer takes comfort from the thought that "I'm insured by the card, I don't need anything else", while the customer might not know what the insurance actually covers and what you need to do for it to be valid in the first place (referring to the payment method of your travel costs here). AX Platinum is problematic for me in this respect: while the insurance is supposed to be good, it's of no use if you have paid your reservations with another card to maximise your AY plus points or for whatever other reason. So in my opinion the lack of insurance of the AY Visa isn't a bad thing at all and one can get a proper insurance from elsewhere and save the extra cost here.

It's surprising how many of us seem to be going through the manual process with our applications by the way. I'm on day 6 myself now, having only received the automatic post-application email, and no access through the app.

Day 9 for me 😁

I actually like AX plat insurance its a very generous coverag3 and no hassle claims,claimok my travel with that card and maximize my ay points on other spend...

The insurance and lounges are the only reason I keep AX as certainly points earnings suck on it
loimu and BlueCross like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 4:28 am

Looks like it will go well into week three at this point... I wonder if they are going old school and whipped out the abacus 😁
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Gold
I took this two days ago and it cleared right away. Confirmed within one minute + got e-mail in which I got the instructions.

I downloaded the app today, I activated it, and it seems to be running okay. Card expected delivery within two weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.