Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AY Visa Credit card with Aktia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2022, 5:47 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Maybe Aktia follows FT.
maybe 😁😁 hopefully Nordea and SEB will raise their game and start offering 3pp€ to match the competition

Last edited by kauppias; Jun 18, 2022 at 8:30 am
Old Jun 18, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by TapioR
I have been a customer of Aktia for over 15 years and had mortgages with them for almost 15 years. I was even an employee for a few years. I was now rejected after two days of manual processing. I have had countless credit cards from different banks and companies and never had a rejected application. The credit limits pushed upon me by Nordea and Norwegian have been higher than I could have dreamed of. Now being rejected by “my own” bank… Not sure if I should laugh or cry.
Lol.

”Pano tai otto, kumpikin tuntuu hyvälle, kunhan on Aktia!” (for a possible Aktia lurker: that was my own invented slogan, feel free to use it with no rights reserved)
Old Jun 18, 2022, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Now my card seems to be approved, the app shows it. No communication from Aktia yet
Old Jun 18, 2022, 10:59 am

Made my first purchse today With the new card in Apple pay and card seems to be working allready without problems.
No confirmation of any kind here either. No PIN or Physical card so far.

Reading this, seems that Aktia has messed up this application process Big time😔probably loosing many potential clients and transaction revenue..
I quess I was just those rare lucky ones to have process solved without bigger hassle😳
kauppias likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:19 pm

Programs: AY Plat
My application was automatically approved on a thursday, received the PIN next tuesday and card on thursday. So can't really complain about that

BUT: I can't use the card because i can't log into the app to activate the card!!! Not with mobiilivarmenne nor with any bank accounts.
Well not a problem i thought - i call the Aktia Finnair Visa CS, i'm sure they can activate the card. But no! The friendly guy on the phone just said there is nothing else they can do than to be very sorry. A lot of customers have the same problem and they have been investigating it for weeks.
Sure, technical problems can appear everywhere but i can't believe why CS is not able to do such a standard, but important thing as activate the card manually, even in exceptional circumstances.

It's their loss in revenue and of course mine too in points, as i would have some big purchases coming i wanted to buy with the new card in the coming days... I almost canceled the card right away because being so angry, but then i remembered that 3p are better than 2p (if i am ever able to activate the card through that stupid app).

What a silly situation isn't it: Most of you have a working app but no card or PIN - I have a piece of plastic and paper that i can't use 'cause no app
r2d2, kauppias and Andy70 like this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Is Aktia desperate?

They are the only bank that approached me recently fishing me to switch, and I did give them my precious time just to see how they did that call…which ended in a blatant ”sorry we cannot really offer you anything better, your deals are very good as they are” lol
Old Jun 19, 2022, 2:25 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by crisu_09
My application was automatically approved on a thursday, received the PIN next tuesday and card on thursday. So can't really complain about that

BUT: I can't use the card because i can't log into the app to activate the card!!! Not with mobiilivarmenne nor with any bank accounts.
That seems similar to me, though I have only received the PIN so far. I guess that the card does not show up on your Aktia online bank customer service either?

Is there anything unusual about your personal data maybe? I am used to all sorts of problems with customer databases due to an accented character in my name (one that is not ä, ö nor ĺ), and a dash, besides that my country of residence and my country of citizenship are not the same.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Is there anything unusual about your personal data maybe? I am used to all sorts of problems with customer databases due to an accented character in my name (one that is not ä, ö nor ĺ), and a dash, besides that my country of residence and my country of citizenship are not the same.
I have solved this early on, by omitting all accents in my name. In the official documents (passport, ID) they're still there - correctly (!), but everywhere else they are plain vanilla "a" and "e". Makes life so much easier.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:20 am

I wanted to check if they at least have put up some kind of notification on the delays of processing applications, and sure enough there's now this:

manywhere and kauppias like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 4:30 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
My experience went like this.

-Auto-approved June 9th
-App started to work on the 12th
-PIN arrived on the 14th
-Card arrived on the 20th
SPBanker and kauppias like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 4:43 am

BTW, anyone knows yet how they classify this 3x 500€ joining benefit thing..?

First 30 days from activation etc. or per calendar month?
Old Jun 20, 2022, 4:54 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
BTW, anyone knows yet how they classify this 3x 500€ joining benefit thing..?

First 30 days from activation etc. or per calendar month?
"When you make purchases for 500 euros per month during the first 3 months*"

"*You will receive the welcome bonus when you make purchases for 500 euros per month during the first 3 months (three full calendar months from activating the card to your Finnair Plus account)."
r2d2 and NoWindowSeat like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
"When you make purchases for 500 euros per month during the first 3 months*"

"*You will receive the welcome bonus when you make purchases for 500 euros per month during the first 3 months (three full calendar months from activating the card to your Finnair Plus account)."
perfect, thanks, so no problem activating right away👍
remymartin likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:31 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Tried this with iPhone a few days ago, but still decided to try to test with via internet and proper appendages today. Immediate reply: no chance.

Last edited by TTL; Jun 21, 2022 at 12:28 am
Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK *A Gold
I got rejected after one day of thinking by Aktia via OmaPosti. Applied again one day after last Wednesday with a short letter explaining few things in the .pdf section and now today (Monday) the app started working with Apple Pay. Still waiting for the PIN & card. Seems like they are indeed quite strict with their policies, I'm not a customer of the bank either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.