Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AY Visa Credit card with Aktia

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2024, 3:59 pm

Programs: AY Platinum
I did know that airlines sold those points to companies like credit card providers, hotels, rental companies, ... but what I don't get is what Aktia is getting out of this?

I have once seen a docu, not sure anymore which airline it was, but the company that handled the loyalty program was basically doing better than the airline itself. I think it was Delta.

Aktia refused my application last week despite I have Finnish bank account and ID, but no personal income here, only my company does and I didn't put myself on the payroll.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 12:13 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by WiVM
I did know that airlines sold those points to companies like credit card providers, hotels, rental companies, ... but what I don't get is what Aktia is getting out of this?
Aktia gets many customers = card holders for they Visa than they would have without the AY co-op and they make more money on merchant fees when those cards are being used.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 12:47 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Aktia gets many customers = card holders for they Visa than they would have without the AY co-op and they make more money on merchant fees when those cards are being used.
And they also get bunch of prospects for other bank services, i.e. know exactly financials of the card customers and can try to poach them to private banking etc. Too bad loan market in Finland cannibalized itself with close to zero margins as they can not really offer anything for person with significant mortgage on small margin. All the private banking services are bit pointless if one needs go pay substantially more on loans and Aktia can not convince them managing assets so much better to cover for the difference. Naturally today the small difference in margin is not so relevant when euribor is again normal but thenagain, some margins are just something they are not even able to match anymore
NoWindowSeat and joorinainen like this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
And they also get bunch of prospects for other bank services, i.e. know exactly financials of the card customers and can try to poach them to private banking etc. Too bad loan market in Finland cannibalized itself with close to zero margins as they can not really offer anything for person with significant mortgage on small margin. All the private banking services are bit pointless if one needs go pay substantially more on loans and Aktia can not convince them managing assets so much better to cover for the difference. Naturally today the small difference in margin is not so relevant when euribor is again normal but thenagain, some margins are just something they are not even able to match anymore
Too bad for who? It's great that Finland has quite a lot of competition for financial services. This benefits customers and the companies that offer these services.
WiVM and Clarity_ like this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 7:38 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Would anyone know how long it takes for an authorization (katevaraus) to disappear?

I purchased an upgrade on Brussels Airlines on 20MAR. It ended up with an error the first time, but the second attempt went through. I saw two authorizations, one of which turned into a charge the next day. The other authorization is still there after two weeks.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
Would anyone know how long it takes for an authorization (katevaraus) to disappear?

I purchased an upgrade on Brussels Airlines on 20MAR. It ended up with an error the first time, but the second attempt went through. I saw two authorizations, one of which turned into a charge the next day. The other authorization is still there after two weeks.
AFAIK if the merchant doesn’t cancel it, the hold auto-cancels after 15 days.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 3:24 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
AFAIK if the merchant doesn’t cancel it, the hold auto-cancels after 15 days.
And that's exactly what happened. It's now 24 minutes past midnight and the hold has disappeared. I should have waited 24 hours more before posting Thanks for your help Wilco!
Old Apr 19, 2024, 12:58 pm

Is it just me having problems with the Aktia card?
Touch payment without pin code stopped working this week. Every single payment have needed pin code this week.
Something wrong with my card? Can't really be that since it obviously works. I'm just forced to enter PIN after touching.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 1:36 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by seldomrfly
Is it just me having problems with the Aktia card?
Touch payment without pin code stopped working this week. Every single payment have needed pin code this week.
Something wrong with my card? Can't really be that since it obviously works. I'm just forced to enter PIN after touching.
The same issue started for me on Wednesday.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 1:06 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Bah… same happened to me in this month, now it works fine without asking a pin. The card seems to ask the pin for some period. I thought it having very safe feature 😄
Old Apr 20, 2024, 1:10 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Finnair Avios with Aktia Visa

I haven’t have credited Finnair Visa Avios to AY Plus in 1.3. There is only tier points as avios.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 11:43 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
The card seems to ask the pin for some period.
For me it hasn't asked the PIN after I once paid using the chip.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 11:50 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by r2d2
For me it hasn't asked the PIN after I once paid using the chip.
This is the expected way.

But I had the same issue last month that for around ten days I always had to use my chip and pin.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 4:47 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Diamond
You are triggering a suspicious behavior on their system. If it doesn't "reset" back to normal, contact CS and ask them to fix it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.