Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AY Visa Credit card with Aktia

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2023, 9:12 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by kauppias
I know, I wish EU would mandate fair and open credit markets to all union citizens but aint gonna happen 👍🤦‍♂️
I am not sure what that is supposed to mean. EU has very strong credit and debit card regulations compared to most of the world, especially the USA (where card issuers seem to be too effective at lobbying against regulations), and that is not only regarding security features.

It looks like you rather want a deregulated system like the US has, and that does benefit some people, notably premium card holders if they make good use of their card features. But it is the opposite of fair for merchants and customers alike, in practice. First and foremost, it makes more monies for card issuers.
FFlash, mpkz and Flightson like this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 9:16 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Courmisch
I am not sure what that is supposed to mean. EU has very strong credit and debit card regulations compared to most of the world, especially the USA (where card issuers seem to be too effective at lobbying against regulations), and that is not only regarding security features.

It looks like you rather want a deregulated system like the US has, and that does benefit some people, notably premium card holders if they make good use of their card features. But it is the opposite of fair for merchants and customers alike, in practice. First and foremost, it makes more monies for card issuers.

I mean I wish all of us could apply for any card and be eligeble to apply for all cards in the EU market ie the premium cards available in many markets but NONE in Finland or very few depending on ones definition
NoWindowSeat and intuition like this.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I mean I wish all of us could apply for any card and be eligeble to apply for all cards in the EU market ie the premium cards available in many markets but NONE in Finland or very few depending on ones definition
Single markets are not working here... imagine another industry, where you are allowed to deny service/goods to customers solely based on where in the Union they are based.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 11:04 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Single markets are not working here... imagine another industry, where you are allowed to deny service/goods to customers solely based on where in the Union they are based.
Getting OT, but pharma industry. Depending on where you live in the EU, completely different access to new products.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 11:51 am

What premium cards are there available in other EU countries that you would like to apply for if possible?

(Ps. it makes sense to me that credit cards and other loans are not available across EU for everyone to apply for, since you need to remember things like creditworthiness agencies, enforcement authorities, court proceedings - all these are not very simple to carry out EU wide and vary significantly country by country, much easier to do in your local market where you operate... so if EU wanted to make applying for credit possible in any EU country from any other EU country, then all these things should be much more straightforward and things like credit checks and payment default registries should be EU wide, not country specific, but who knows, maybe in future we see this happen).
mpkz likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 1:40 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by cheesyfeet
What premium cards are there available in other EU countries that you would like to apply for if possible?

(Ps. it makes sense to me that credit cards and other loans are not available across EU for everyone to apply for, since you need to remember things like creditworthiness agencies, enforcement authorities, court proceedings - all these are not very simple to carry out EU wide and vary significantly country by country, much easier to do in your local market where you operate... so if EU wanted to make applying for credit possible in any EU country from any other EU country, then all these things should be much more straightforward and things like credit checks and payment default registries should be EU wide, not country specific, but who knows, maybe in future we see this happen).
The ba card that offers 241 awards the sas card that offers 241 awards the FB card that offers partner status cards etc etc etc the list is long 🤣🤔
vulle and intuition like this.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 2:24 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
For awhile there was a "hack" to actually get the dutch Amex (and/or possibly the FB branded one, I can't really remeber the specifics). But the "hack" was to sign up for a "dutch" bankaccount via one of their hybrid e-banks. Because the only hurdle to overcome with dutch Amex was to authorize automatic payments of the bill (which could only be done with local account). The account was possible to get as a EU-citizen regardless of recidency, and then Amex would issue a card based on your credit limit on your domestic card.
Or something like that. But it was possible

Especially with Amex it is annoying you cannot get another EU country's card, as they have different partners in each country. Even MR partners differs vastly - in Sweden only a very limited selection of Airline transfer partners exists, basically the avios-crowd, Finnair and SAS.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 3:52 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
The ba card that offers 241 awards the sas card that offers 241 awards the FB card that offers partner status cards etc etc etc the list is long 🤣🤔
The Amex SAS 241 is fairly watered down benny IMO thou, as eurobonus is flooding with points hoarding and consequent award hoarding, making maxed use of said 241 fairly tough unless you master the game very well whcih many people dont do.
intuition and kauppias like this.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 6:47 am

Award points came today with a separate line of 0 tier points 😀🤷‍♂️ 5k spend and 15k award points came
Old Jul 11, 2023, 8:27 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Award points came today with a separate line of 0 tier points 😀🤷‍♂️ 5k spend and 15k award points came
I got the Tier points too, bringing my tier points on this tracking period to a total of... 450
Old Jul 11, 2023, 8:33 am

I got 0+0 points, used the card about 3k last month
kauppias likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 9:11 am

Programs: some
Both Tier and Award Points have arrived for me.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 9:22 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I wonder how they came up with the exact fixed number of 450 tier points, feels like there could have been significantly more incentivising bonus structures than that.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by SuloL
I got the Tier points too, bringing my tier points on this tracking period to a total of... 450
my point was I got zero (0) tier points but 15k award points 🤣🤣
Old Jul 11, 2023, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by lkrt
I wonder how they came up with the exact fixed number of 450 tier points, feels like there could have been significantly more incentivising bonus structures than that.
yeah like say 1000tier points for every 10k spent up to xxxxx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.