Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AY Visa Credit card with Aktia

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2023, 11:38 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by theBro
Any reference for this? I have not received any info on ending the SEB card.
I called SEB earlier for another reason (not being able add the card on google pay - apparently it's not possible), and I also asked about the partial refund on the yearly cc charge they gave in June. They told me the cards would be closed down 31.10.2023 and there would be more info shared on this in August.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by aapee
I called SEB earlier for another reason (not being able add the card on google pay - apparently it's not possible), and I also asked about the partial refund on the yearly cc charge they gave in June. They told me the cards would be closed down 31.10.2023 and there would be more info shared on this in August.
Coincidentally (??) the same date as Nordea MC will stop earning AY points...
Old Aug 19, 2023, 8:52 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Does anyone have experience about any possible caps on the AY+ points accrual with the Aktia card?

With SEB, there is no cap, so if your credit limit is, say, 5000 EUR, and your purchases are 8000 EUR, you will get 16 000 AY+ points. But I understand that Nordea never awards more points than the credit limit, so even if you use your card more than the limit is, paying the debt off in the meanwhile, your points accrual would be capped at 10 000 in my example above.
aapee likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
Does anyone have experience about any possible caps on the AY+ points accrual with the Aktia card?

With SEB, there is no cap, so if your credit limit is, say, 5000 EUR, and your purchases are 8000 EUR, you will get 16 000 AY+ points. But I understand that Nordea never awards more points than the credit limit, so even if you use your card more than the limit is, paying the debt off in the meanwhile, your points accrual would be capped at 10 000 in my example above.
There's no cap with the Aktia Finnair Visa card. I first asked this from the customer service, but then also personally witnessed it when I did exactly this (i.e. had sent some money to the card first to make the available balance higher than the credit limit, made a big purchase above credit limit, and got the full amount of points for that purchase the following month.)

All good!
ffay005 and Rokka like this.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 9:18 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I do not know about this but my experience has been that Aktia was willing to grant a credit limit higher than Nordea or SEB (I've actually been denied the SEB card...) so I've not had the need to resort to this.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by cheesyfeet
There's no cap with the Aktia Finnair Visa card. I first asked this from the customer service, but then also personally witnessed it when I did exactly this (i.e. had sent some money to the card first to make the available balance higher than the credit limit, made a big purchase above credit limit, and got the full amount of points for that purchase the following month.)

All good!
Perfect, thanks! And you actually answered my second question, too. So it would be okay to prepay an amount to the card to make it possible to make one transaction that is actually higher than the nominal credit limit.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 2:44 am

Trying to apply for the Visa, but it seems that I cannot accept all the requirements. Why on earth is it mandatory to allow sending personal and banking information to a clear-text email address?
Old Aug 21, 2023, 1:40 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Perfect, thanks! And you actually answered my second question, too. So it would be okay to prepay an amount to the card to make it possible to make one transaction that is actually higher than the nominal credit limit.
How do you do this? Pay a "fake" invoice ahead?
Old Aug 21, 2023, 2:08 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by kanamurva
the way to do it just pay using the info in the app ie account number and refereence number for your card ie viitenumero
Old Aug 21, 2023, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by kauppias
the way to do it just pay using the info in the app ie account number and refereence number for your card ie viitenumero
They remain the same from month to month, so it's just like paying g your monthly invoice
Old Aug 21, 2023, 3:11 am

Sort of, yes. The reference number is always the same, so I just pay using the same IBAN and reference as always.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 4:09 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Just like others say here. I do it all the time to keep te credit limit down for future purchases.
I have had 10.000 spend in at best and Aktia never has asked anything. Points post normally
ffay005 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 9:49 am

Programs: Onko teill S-etukorttia?
I got ad email as AYMC holder to swap to Aktia Visa:

Nykyisen Finnair Plus Mastercard -kortinhaltijana saat liittymisetuna 2 ylimrist palkintopistett jokaista kyttmsi euroa kohden ensimmisen 2 kuukauden ajan, kun haet Finnair Visa Credit -korttia 15.10.2023 menness. Tm tarkoittaa, ett ansaitset 4,55 palkintopistett jokaista kyttmsi euroa kohden ensimmisen kahden tyden kuukauden ajan hakemuksesi hyvksymispivmrst lhtien.

Annamme sinulle lisksi 5 000 ylimrist palkintopistett aktivointietuna, jos haet korttia 30.9.2023 menness.
​​​​​​​I mean its not US card amounts, but something.
vulle and Abducted Alien like this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by Jorma
I got ad email as AYMC holder to swap to Aktia Visa:

I mean its not US card amounts, but something.
I have Nordea's Finnair MC and got the same offer. Applied and was approved directly after giving the credit rating agency Suomen Asiakastieto my permission to check my accounts at Nordea. I have BAEC as my primary program but sometimes use AY points for upgrades or flights.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 11:22 am

And I just applied and got accepted and did not get any extra perks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.