Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AY Visa Credit card with Aktia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:48 am

Programs: AY Plat
Originally Posted by mateik1
I got no info either. But the new card shows in the app, you can see four last digits and your limit.
Now waiting for the card...
And today I got the PIN code by snail mail. Still waiting for the card
kauppias likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
And mine rejected…lol. I suspect now why…send a new one.
Lmao the silliest part was I got 4!!!!! Letters at home with identical message and posting date.
TTL and remymartin like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:31 pm

Applied week ago and the card was visible in the app after 4 days.
Today was able to add the new card to Apple pay and its seems to be Ok to start using allready, although the physical card hasn’t arrived yet😉
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash
Lmao the silliest part was I got 4!!!!! Letters at home with identical message and posting date.
Heh, same here. Though I got only three letters, so mine was less rejected than yours
Can’t think of any reason for rejection really, quite weird…
TTL likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:15 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by asparagus
Heh, same here. Though I got only three letters, so mine was less rejected than yours
Rejected. Two mails back via OmaPosti. "Ratkaisu perustuu kokonaisharkintaan". Fröken Jan-Erik must have had a bad day, possibly hemorrhoids itching?
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:15 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by TTL
Rejected. Two mails back via OmaPosti. "Ratkaisu perustuu kokonaisharkintaan". Fröken Jan-Erik must have had a bad day, possibly hemorrhoids itching?
Originally Posted by asparagus
Originally Posted by FFlash
the aktia pages say that if you get a automatic rejection you can ask for a agent to review...

I had a rejection from SEB that was done automatically by SEB and I asked them to review it manually and the approval came 15min later 😁😁

Algorythms are not flawless as we have seen a few times recently 😁🤷‍♂️

I AM STILL WAITING for my rejections from aktia 😁😁

"Luottopäätöksen saatuasi voit halutessasi pyytää, että automaattisen päätöksen sijaan toimihenkilö käsittelee tietosi luotonmyöntäjän puolesta. Voit saattaa päätöksen toimihenkilön käsiteltäväksi soittamalla asiakaspalveluumme."
Old Jun 18, 2022, 1:56 am

It seems there are three potential paths here:
  1. Rejected instantly after submitting application - afterwards you can ask Aktia to manually process your application
  2. Informed that it takes 1-3 days to get a decision after submitting application - has anyone been rejected at this point? But if you have, then you can still ask Aktia to manually process
  3. Instant approval after submitting application
But looks like their credit policy is stricter than some other outlets... A friend of mine got a much lower credit limit than they applied for, even though he's had no trouble getting 10-20k limits elsewhere.

They really did not think their application process through very well. If I had done this, I would have made it so that every applicant can use the Finnair Visa app (or other online service) after submitting the application, but before being approved, and via the app you could see the status of your application ("approved", "rejected", "being manually processed", etc...)

The way they currently notify (or don't notify) you of the status is quite poor.

Hopefully y'all get the applications approved via manual processing.
kauppias and Superfast like this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:09 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by cheesyfeet
It seems there are three potential paths here:
  1. Rejected instantly after submitting application - afterwards you can ask Aktia to manually process your application
  2. Informed that it takes 1-3 days to get a decision after submitting application - has anyone been rejected at this point? But if you have, then you can still ask Aktia to manually process
  3. Instant approval after submitting application
But looks like their credit policy is stricter than some other outlets... A friend of mine got a much lower credit limit than they applied for, even though he's had no trouble getting 10-20k limits elsewhere.

They really did not think their application process through very well. If I had done this, I would have made it so that every applicant can use the Finnair Visa app (or other online service) after submitting the application, but before being approved, and via the app you could see the status of your application ("approved", "rejected", "being manually processed", etc...)

The way they currently notify (or don't notify) you of the status is quite poor.

Hopefully y'all get the applications approved via manual processing.
Hurri-bank lost 5 to 10 keur monthly transactions from me... Never again.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:20 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
I made the application for this Finnair Visa Aktia credit card. I was surprised how strict they are towards an applicant. For Finnair Nordea Master card, it only needed to fill the details and that’s it. For Aktia, I send my “kuukauden palkkalaskelma”.

Did it last Tuesday. Saw my new card from their app. No statement whether I have been accepted or not, so far.

You are saying here: when accepting a credit check from Suomen Asiakastieto, how come Aktia could then see “all your one year credit card buyings”? From where this knowledge of yours comes from? Doesn’t it only apply for: this customer is ok?

My retired friend was immediately rejected by Aktia. Even he has plenty of assets - but doesn’t have a pay roll to send. Seemingly Aktia is more strict for a potential customer who doesn’t have a bank account in their bank. I won’t debate from this in here. Just informed from the application process.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jun 20, 2022 at 12:45 am Reason: Merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:37 am

Programs: AY Silver. HHonors Gold & the other shiny cards you get with the AX plat
I have been a customer of Aktia for over 15 years and had mortgages with them for almost 15 years. I was even an employee for a few years. I was now rejected after two days of manual processing. I have had countless credit cards from different banks and companies and never had a rejected application. The credit limits pushed upon me by Nordea and Norwegian have been higher than I could have dreamed of. Now being rejected by “my own” bank… Not sure if I should laugh or cry.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:39 am
TTL

Originally Posted by TapioR
Not sure if I should laugh or cry.
Fart and forget?
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:20 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
We are now living more difficult times than 2-3 years ago. And the banks are aware of this too of course…

But I do admit that both Finnair Nordea Mastercard and Norwegian Visa have been more welcoming for lifting up credit limit. This of course was one year ago at least for me.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 4:09 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Funny enough I did a check of my own info on Suomen Asiakastieto Oy and not one company has requested my info even aktia so not sure whats going on 😁😁😁

Will be intresting to see what they say when they get around to it 😁😁
Old Jun 18, 2022, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY LUMO
Maybe Aktia follows FT.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by cheesyfeet
  1. Informed that it takes 1-3 days to get a decision after submitting application - has anyone been rejected at this point? But if you have, then you can still ask Aktia to manually process
My application was not approved immediately, but I received secure email that said "Kortti lähetetään sinulle postitse kahden viikon kuluessa, jos hakemus hyväksytään."

Few days later the card was ready in the app. Today I activated it and added it to my GooglePay. Even though I have not received any acceptance email nor the card or the pin code.

Maybe my application is now approved. Go figure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.