Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AY Visa Credit card with Aktia

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2022, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Now some Aktia points landed on my AY account. It turns out, that whereas the invoice cutoff date is the 28th, the points cutoff date is the last day of the month. (easy to establish this now, as my first purchase was on the 29th) They showed up as 1st July on the AY account today. For reference the Nordea MC points showed up with date 29/June on about the 6th July.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 5:40 pm

Does ordering a new self-selected PIN code work for anyone in the Finnair Visa app? Says to me "Failed to submit PIN" after trying to do it...
Old Jul 16, 2022, 2:27 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
To those travelling outside of the eurozone a lot, it might be of interest that this card carries an exchange fee of up to 2,75%. That is 0,85% per purchase more than on some other cards.
r2d2, WilcoRoger, haa and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 5:44 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Other Apple users who the app tries to force an update on, redirects to the app store, but there's no update available? Delete and reinstall didn't help.

Edit: manual iOS update allowed access to the app again, so seems either something wrong with the app or then a wrongly displayed/configured error message.

Last edited by SuloL; Jul 26, 2022 at 7:09 am
Old Aug 2, 2022, 2:09 am

Programs: AY Silver. HHonors Gold & the other shiny cards you get with the AX plat
Invoicing fee

Check your accounts. Aktia now tried to charge me the 3 euro invoicing fee even though I had created the e-invoice contract already in June. I contacted Aktia via the app and they just apologized and confirmed they will remove the charge ASAP.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 2:38 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Seems that they might have some issue with the invoicing… Have had the July bill available on the app for some time now but no e-invoice in the Nordea online banking.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 2:48 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Originally Posted by TapioR
Check your accounts. Aktia now tried to charge me the 3 euro invoicing fee even though I had created the e-invoice contract already in June. I contacted Aktia via the app and they just apologized and confirmed they will remove the charge ASAP.
Same here. But their first response yesterday was that this fee will stay but going forward, once the e-invoice connection works ”after a few weeks” no further fees will appear. This of course isn’t acceptable and after some further arguing they agreed to remove the fee.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:03 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I just see the monthly fee of 6€ charged, still waiting for the second set of points to post 😀 nordea is much faster at that
Old Aug 2, 2022, 4:27 am

Also had the 3€ invoicing fee charged for July's invoice, even though I had e-invoice enabled already for June's invoice, and nothing charged then. Should be noted that this is a separate item from the monthly fee, which makes it even easier to miss (as after seeing the monthly fee, I would at least stop keeping an eye out for other charges). They pushed back initially, but told that they would refund the fee as I messaged them saying that I had e-invoice already active in June.

Unrelated rant; the way Aktia tracks and dates the transactions is incredibly poor and makes it incredibly hard to track one's spending, as dates and amounts (if foreign currency used) change around constantly. I could see this weird time stamping of transactions cause problems when trying to determine if the criteria for the 3mo welcome offer was met, but luckily spending more than the needed amount anyways so shouldn't be an issue.
TapioR likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 4:33 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by SuloL
Also had the 3€ invoicing fee charged for July's invoice, even though I had e-invoice enabled already for June's invoice, and nothing charged then. Should be noted that this is a separate item from the monthly fee, which makes it even easier to miss (as after seeing the monthly fee, I would at least stop keeping an eye out for other charges). They pushed back initially, but told that they would refund the fee as I messaged them saying that I had e-invoice already active in June.

Unrelated rant; the way Aktia tracks and dates the transactions is incredibly poor and makes it incredibly hard to track one's spending, as dates and amounts (if foreign currency used) change around constantly. I could see this weird time stamping of transactions cause problems when trying to determine if the criteria for the 3mo welcome offer was met, but luckily spending more than the needed amount anyways so shouldn't be an issue.

I actually went through my entire spend and transaction history and only found the 6€, is it charged on the same day?

Curiously I have NOT enabled ebilling even though I was going to I have been lazy 😏🤷‍♂️ choosing Lounges over business 😀😀🍺🍺
Old Aug 2, 2022, 4:45 am

Aktia has not added any invoice fees to my card, but no sign of the invoice yet. I saw the July invoice details in my app during friday, so I have been waiting the actual invoice to appear in my S-Pankki couple of days now.

OT, I have been waiting for the points of Nordea Finnair Mastercard. Usually they appear in Finnair Plus account every last week of the month (invoice due every 15th.). No sign of those yet.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
I actually went through my entire spend and transaction history and only found the 6€, is it charged on the same day?
For me it was monthly fee on the 25th, and invoicing fee on the 30th.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 4:51 am

Programs: *G, AY Plat Lumo
Nonii, finally. The data protection request to Aktia revealed that my income was somehow 550€/month in their data and that's why they didn't approve my Visa application. After sending a message to CS they approved my application in two workdays.
r2d2 and remymartin like this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 4:59 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Weird, I just opened my first paper invoice (14/6-14/7) and no 6€ or 3€ there. I just made the e-invoice thing now..

On the App I can see the 6€ monthly fee charged on 25/7 but no 3€ visible in the App either. Now in the middle of my 2nd 30d cycle.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 5:06 am

Sounds like an if-clause written the wrong way around, if paper invoice people are not getting charged and e-invoice people are
r2d2, Hartsa, AY005 and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.