Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AY Visa Credit card with Aktia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:27 pm

Programs: AY+ Silver, SK EB Silver, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by GeeTee77
Found a solution, changed the phone (Android) language to Finnish and the app started working!
Thanks, this worked for me too!
GeeTee77 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 11:36 am

Everything worked fine. Did my first purchase yesterday and looking forward to spend 500 😀 a month for the next 3 months to reach silver. Have not had a status for a long time since I fly very little but nice to get priority security and a free golf bag for my winter flights
avermat likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:08 pm

Just came here to share the tip that changing the phone language to finnish helped me - but seems like GeeTee77 figured that out already before me!
So yes, same solution works for me 😀
GeeTee77 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:04 pm

I have tried it all. An another tablet, change phone to finnish, Nordea, OP, Mobiilivarmenne. Nothing works. 🤷‍♂️
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Thursday I received the pin letter and today the card. Activated in the app. So far smooth sailing.
r2d2 and NoWindowSeat like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:45 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE)
Originally Posted by GeeTee77
Found a solution, changed the phone (Android) language to Finnish and the app started working!
Perfect! This was the trick!
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:51 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
For me, Aktia told that they didn’t have my phone number on file, causing the issue at login. (Don’t know how it is possible, since I’m sure that was asked on the application form)
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:07 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by lkrt
For me, Aktia told that they didn’t have my phone number on file, causing the issue at login. (Don’t know how it is possible, since I’m sure that was asked on the application form)
The application was a mess alot of my information on the application was saved in aktias customer database in wrong fields so I would not be suprised if a phonenumber was saved as zip code etc 😁😁
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by lkrt
Same issue here. Phone number not correctly saved in the data from my application - > never transferred to Card data - > App had no chance working for me without a call to Aktia CS.

Aktia had a very good CS-guy. He doubted the tricks mentioned here, he believed it was due to coincidence that app has started working suddenly. According to him data was transfered from Aktias data to another card data system making people's app to suddenly start working.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by seldomrfly
Aktia had a very good CS-guy. He doubted the tricks mentioned here, he believed it was due to coincidence that app has started working suddenly. According to him data was transfered from Aktias data to another card data system making people's app to suddenly start working.
Time: 9:02 PM. Android in English language. Finnair Visa app did not work, gave the error "Use of service not successful, please try again, bla bla" after bank ID.
Time: 9:03 PM. Changed Android language to Finnish.
Time: 9:04 PM. Opened Finnair Visa app and it started working, authentication with bank ID successful, could activate the card etc.
Time: 9:05 PM. Changed Android language back to English. Finnair Visa app continued to work.

Too much coincidence not to be about the language change, IMHO. But there might be other reasons for the app not working for somebody else, such as the phone number issue...
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Jorma
Reading this i thought Lumo actually gets something extra, but looking at Aktia site even Silver gets 3/€.
Doesn’t everyone with this card account become AY Silver after 3 months of at least €500 spending per month? Then wouldn’t that mean most with this card earn 3 AY points per € thereafter?

Seems to me that this will mean a big boom in AY Silver numbers. But maybe the general inflation dynamics and the stagnant wealth effect will keep the demand down for this card product more than it would have a year ago.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:10 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, LH, Accor, IHG, Scandic, Tallink
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Doesn’t everyone with this card account become AY Silver after 3 months of at least €500 spending per month? Then wouldn’t that mean most with this card earn 3 AY points per € thereafter?
Btw.. How this 3 months period is actually counted? (" - - 500 euros per month during the first 3 months (three full calendar months from activating the card to your Finnair Plus account"))

So, if I activate the card today, on Jun 29th, the 500eur/month should be spent in Jul, Aug and Sep? If I activate the card for example on Jul 5th, the period would be Aug, Sep and Oct? Did I get it right?

Last edited by jann3; Jun 28, 2022 at 9:11 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by jann3
Btw.. How this 3 months period is actually counted? (" - - 500 euros per month during the first 3 months (three full calendar months from activating the card to your Finnair Plus account"))

So, if I activate the card today, on Jun 29th, the 500eur/month should be spent in Jul, Aug and Sep? If I activate the card for example on Jul 5th, the period would be Aug, Sep and Oct? Did I get it right?
Sounds right to me.
jann3 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Interestingly, when I log into the Aktia web bank, it says "you have no cards" I cannot check/change many card settings in the app, so what gives? Call? So 20th century.

If I want to change my PIN code, I can do it in the app, but it means they'll send a new card with the new PIN. For comparison, with Raiffeisen I got my card with a pre-assigned in the bank, walked to the ATM and changed the PIN right away - it's an actual option on the ATM screen.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:19 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Interestingly, when I log into the Aktia web bank, it says "you have no cards" I cannot check/change many card settings in the app, so what gives? Call? So 20th century.
It indeed seems that it’s not an ”Aktia” card in that sense. Probably it has its own backend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.