Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AY Visa Credit card with Aktia

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2022, 8:58 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Enjoy the hurri-banking´s "deals"!

No initiative whatsoever to ever to change from perfectly the functioning SEB-Master (with 20k credit without asking) to this Finnair ridicule-attempt. Triple points scroungers might think othewise...
Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by TTL

No initiative whatsoever to ever to change from perfectly the functioning SEB-Master (with 20k credit without asking) to this Finnair ridicule-attempt. Triple points scroungers might think othewise...
SEB has its faults too, both are swede banks and both have issues then again nordea...

I am in it for the points, I will deal with the issues to get my points fixed, easies points there is IMO...

Hopefully the issues can be fixed over time... SEB for instance blocks ALOT of transactions that work with Nordea and Aktia so happy there... I will be cancelling my SEB anyways I hate their 10% bills and they refuse to make a 100% bill on request too...
Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by TTL

With my 40ke annual spend, I rather get 120k points than 80k.

But you must be doing well if SEB gave you 20k credit limit, because they say max you can get is 10% of your gross income + they also state that 8000€ is the max credit limit overall (even in their application), but maybe you got some special care. Surprised they gave it to you without asking. Good for ya.

Neither company is without faults for sure...
kauppias likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:50 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by kauppias
SEB has its faults too, both are swede banks and both have issues then again nordea...
Isn‘t Aktia the native Finnish bank, Nordea the Swedish refugee and SEB still the native Swedish?
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:50 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by kauppias
you had a wife way back then? 😀
Well, same person so in my books she counts as a wife even from back then.
kauppias likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by cistavoda
In such case the correct reference is "ex-girlfriend" or "ex-fiancée"
cistavoda, Steve_Hun and kauppias like this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 3:50 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by cistavoda
Heh I am sure she appreciates this 😀
Old Jul 10, 2022, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
In such case the correct reference is "ex-girlfriend" or "ex-fiancée"
if she sees this version she may be a ex wife 🤣🤣🥳
Old Jul 11, 2022, 12:29 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Points, anyone? Well, my N=3 reference group have neither received invoices from june. Nordea MC has steadily posted both invoice and points around 4th bank day for each month, I guess this is likely due to big? volumes of new cards applied in the middle of month. I doubt any other Aktia card has same volumes.
kauppias likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Isn‘t Aktia the native Finnish bank, Nordea the Swedish refugee and SEB still the native Swedish?
I don't know if it was from Sweden like Handelsbanken, but Aktia is (well, was) a Swedish language bank.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:12 am

Helsingfors Sparbank and other Swedish speaking saving banks merged to build Aktia. Aktia means coast.
TapioR and Jainzar like this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
Points, anyone? Well, my N=3 reference group have neither received invoices from june. Nordea MC has steadily posted both invoice and points around 4th bank day for each month, I guess this is likely due to big? volumes of new cards applied in the middle of month. I doubt any other Aktia card has same volumes.
Have you checked in the app? Click on the card, there's "Invoice" Click that, there's "current invoice" Mine says Period 15.06.2022 - 28-06.2022, with due date 15.7.2022 with the bank account and reference numbers. My total spend on the card in the period was 0€ , so not expecting any points. Still, I'd prefer to get an email that I have a new invoice. Let's see how it works next month.

I am guessing the points might post after bill has been paid??
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nordic
Helsingfors Sparbank and other Swedish speaking saving banks merged to build Aktia. Aktia means coast.
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Aktia originated from the oldest deposit bank in Finland, founded in 1825 as Helsingfors Stads Sparbanks Inrättning. In 1891 the bank changed its name to Helsingfors Sparbank (Helsinki Savings Bank).

Some banks that have merged with Aktia include: Kirkkonummen Säästöpankki in 1956, Säästöpankki Torkkeli in 1979 and Espoon Säästöpankki in 1980.[citation needed]

Aktia attained its current form in 1991, when the savings banks of Bromarv, Hanko, Ingå, Karjaa-Pohja, Sipoo, Siuntio, and Tenala merged to form Säästöpankki Aktia (Savings Bank Aktia). Later the savings banks of Porvoo and Vaasa were merged. The name was changed to Aktia Säästöpankki Oy (Aktia Savings Bank Oy) in 1994. In 1996, Aktia acquired the retail banking operations of SKOP Bank (fi), which went bust in the early-1990s Finnish banking crisis and the recession that followed.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:41 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Diamond
I applied for the card a few days ago, today in my AY+ account I noticed "Finnair VISA Activation". I guess the card is coming.

I'm wondering if this really activated already without any of my actions? I was planning to be AY+ gold (in couple weeks) before activating to get better gifts
Old Jul 12, 2022, 3:14 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Have you checked in the app? Click on the card, there's "Invoice" Click that, there's "current invoice" Mine says Period 15.06.2022 - 28-06.2022, with due date 15.7.2022 with the bank account and reference numbers. My total spend on the card in the period was 0€ , so not expecting any points. Still, I'd prefer to get an email that I have a new invoice. Let's see how it works next month.

I am guessing the points might post after bill has been paid??
I'm not even seeing invoice option, only view statement that is empty but I assume this is the same (I have english UI). Not so that the points are needed, but I assume Aktia has maybe initiated a cutdown date in June where actually the invoicing period will be june+July. So, first full month etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.