Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AY Visa Credit card with Aktia

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2022, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
Points, anyone? Well, my N=3 reference group have neither received invoices from june. Nordea MC has steadily posted both invoice and points around 4th bank day for each month, I guess this is likely due to big? volumes of new cards applied in the middle of month. I doubt any other Aktia card has same volumes.
I paid my invoice 2weeks ago and could finally today see the first 29k points on my AY acount.. seems that need to be somewhere patient With a point arrival☺️
Old Jul 12, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Well I just received my first VISA points but only 3600 points dates July 01 so for 1200€ with of purchases...
Old Jul 12, 2022, 4:31 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by kauppias
Well I just received my first VISA points but only 3600 points dates July 01 so for 1200€ with of purchases...
After checking my transactions it turns out I had exactly 1200€ of transactions on July 01, so evidently July 01 is the cut off for me and points come 11 days later funny enough NO BILL has been sent to me yet
Andy70 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by plain
I applied for the card a few days ago, today in my AY+ account I noticed "Finnair VISA Activation". I guess the card is coming.

I'm wondering if this really activated already without any of my actions? I was planning to be AY+ gold (in couple weeks) before activating to get better gifts
I noticed the same. But in fact I activated the card two weeks later what now can be seen in my account. I wonder now when the calender month for me actually begins? Plan of course to spend the 500 a month for the benefits.
plain likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
For those looking for the invoice, here're two screenshots to help - on the main screen, tap the card picture, you'll get here:

Tap on "invoice" and you'll get this

Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:43 am

By the way, If U have some bigger purchase that exeeds your limit on your CC, is it possible to “feed” your card by paying some extra with your reference to be able to gain point advantage from those purchases exceeding the card limit?

In a way this would elevate your card limit as high as You are able to feed your account 😂

Any experience from more seasoned heavy weight CC users☺️?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:57 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
At least with the SEB card I was not successful when I tried out.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Andy70
By the way, If U have some bigger purchase that exeeds your limit on your CC, is it possible to “feed” your card by paying some extra with your reference to be able to gain point advantage from those purchases exceeding the card limit?

In a way this would elevate your card limit as high as You are able to feed your account 😂

Any experience from more seasoned heavy weight CC users☺️?

With nordea its no problem but they only give max 2pointsX your credit limit so wont help

I have used my Aktia card allready 2x my credit limit by paying off purchases early and according to customer service all will give points but lets see...

SEB used to allow prepayment for bigger purchases but I have no recent experience as SEB has to many other silly restrictions wich means its looking useless to me...
Andy70 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:39 am

Generally 20k is more than sufficient, and as U said by paying early should do the trick.
I was just thinking weather the card will accept one time purchase exceeding 20k if acount has been fed beforehand🤔
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by Andy70
Generally 20k is more than sufficient, and as U said by paying early should do the trick.
I was just thinking weather the card will accept one time purchase exceeding 20k if acount has been fed beforehand🤔
I checked with them and they said its ok, you just need to raise the daily limit beforehand. As a general setting it is 5k per day just FYI

I just raised mine to deter more gray hair 🤷‍♂️😃
Andy70 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I checked with them and they said its ok, you just need to raise the daily limit beforehand. As a general setting it is 5k per day just FYI

I just raised mine to deter more gray hair 🤷‍♂️😃
So what on Earth are you spending over 5k€/day?? Repeatedly?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
So what on Earth are you spending over 5k€/day?? Repeatedly?

Salads? 😃😃🤣

Its not that straightforward, as I stated in a previous post the various purchases that are put ina katevaraus or hold also count toward that daily limit so it make it difficult to manage, a family trip can easily go 5000€+ if you have a demanding spouse 😃😃 not saying I do 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Also buying a car or mileage runs etc all add up...

One should allways look for things to pay with card instead of other non point earning options 😃😃
intuition and Andy70 like this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One should allways look for things to pay with card instead of other non point earning options 😃😃
No argument here
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
Quick question.

I've been a lowly silver since the covid and now dropping to basic at the end of November. If 3 months spend is required for the joining benefit, would it be possible to apply for the card in september and the after sep,oct, nov I'd get the bounce back to silver as joining benefit?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by aama
Quick question.

I've been a lowly silver since the covid and now dropping to basic at the end of November. If 3 months spend is required for the joining benefit, would it be possible to apply for the card in september and the after sep,oct, nov I'd get the bounce back to silver as joining benefit?
I would ask aktia as its not 100% clear it the status at joining date or award date is what they look at 🤷‍♂️ just my 2 cents....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.