Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AY Visa Credit card with Aktia

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:28 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Way too convulted of a system for me,

600 a month I could do, but groceries are K stores are in general not a smart buy in my neck of the woods so I wont start on that path its a slippery slope

Last edited by kauppias; Aug 22, 2022 at 1:48 am
Old Aug 12, 2022, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
makes sense as mine posted july 11th 👍

A rather long lag ascompared to nordea but as long as the points post I am happy. IT WILL BE INTRESTING to see if they do post points for shopping over ones credit limit as their customer service said they would or if they are like nordea who wont
you are right. Got points on 11th.

Looks like these points are not accepted to change Finnair tier for plus membership.

these points (non flights) only for other things.

Thanks,
BT
Old Aug 12, 2022, 5:33 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Starting to get some proper spending through this card, so far I’ve noticed two things:

1. Very annoying how the transaction dates are thrown around, I’d very much prefer the date to be locked to the initial transaction/date or purchase and stay there, now they move the date once the transction is confirmed from pending. Simply hate that.

2. Exchange rates to EUR seem worse than with MC, haven’t check too deep yet, just gut feeling
Old Aug 12, 2022, 5:51 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by bengaltigers

Looks like these points are not accepted to change Finnair tier for plus membership.

these points (non flights) only for other things.

Thanks,
BT

Yes no tier points for visa spend pretty common...

I would hope they would tie in and give say 10% of points as tier points would be great or say 10k tier points for every 50k in spend but no such luck

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Starting to get some proper spending through this card, so far I’ve noticed two things:

1. Very annoying how the transaction dates are thrown around, I’d very much prefer the date to be locked to the initial transaction/date or purchase and stay there, now they move the date once the transction is confirmed from pending. Simply hate that.

2. Exchange rates to EUR seem worse than with MC, haven’t check too deep yet, just gut feeling

The date thing is annoying, and also the fact that each pending charge limits your daily use until it is marked as settled....

But over all I am happy with the card so far.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Aug 12, 2022 at 7:57 am Reason: Combine consecutive posts of same member to ease reading.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 6:33 am

Quite frustrating using the interface with AKTIA...

Case now I am trying to purchase a trip for 4900€ last week I spent 5050€ which however posted today, I have a 10k limit per day so no problems but still the app says check daily limit, credit left on card 6700€ so ok there too mysterious and aggrevating 😁😁 I guess I will wait till monday but still annoying 😀
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by bengaltigers

Why do you say so? There is no such limits published anywhere and all oher credit card points are exchangeable.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Why do you say so? There is no such limits published anywhere and all oher credit card points are exchangeable.
I think OP was just observing that the points do not count directly towards tier… Which is of course nothing new and should not come as a surprise.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Read upthread, the difference is significant.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 5:03 am

If take this credit card, still get 2 upgrade, if spend 500 eur first 3 months? This offer still valid?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 6:03 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Timppa_HEL
If take this credit card, still get 2 upgrade, if spend 500 eur first 3 months? This offer still valid?
Yes, as written on the AY+ page:
Saat edut, kun teet ostoksia 500 euron edestä per kuukausi ensimmäisten 3 kk aikana (kolmen täyden kalenterikuukauden aikana kortin aktivoimisesta). Kortin aktivoiminen tulee tehdä viimeistään 31. joulukuuta 2022.
https://www.finnair.com/fi-fi/finnai...tuo-jasenetuja
Old Aug 22, 2022, 1:44 am

Something going on with aktia today, all my transactions are gone 🤣🤷‍♂️
Old Aug 22, 2022, 1:45 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by kauppias
Something going on with aktia today, all my transactions are gone 🤣🤷‍♂️
I'm sure they will magically appear on the bill.
kauppias likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by cistavoda
I'm sure they will magically appear on the bill.
usually seems so 🤣🤣🤷‍♂️

I would not mind a suprise like that, ie comp month 🤣🤣😃
Old Aug 28, 2022, 9:42 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, LH, Accor, IHG, Scandic, Tallink
Aktia seems to be a little too careful in controlling the use of the card. Got my card blocked when I tried to book a hotel few days ago. It was just a moderate amount for a well-known global hotel chain, but they considered it "an exceptional transaction". Luckily, customer service unblocked the card quickly, but still I found it very annoying.

Last edited by jann3; Aug 28, 2022 at 9:47 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 28, 2022, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by jann3
Aktia seems to be a little too careful in controlling the use of the card. Got my card blocked when I tried to book a hotel few days ago. It was just a moderate amount for a well-known global hotel chain, but they considered it "an exceptional transaction". Luckily, customer service unblocked the card quickly, but still I found it very annoying.

Yes, I had this happen the first week too, I guess it takes awhile for algorithims to get to know you and ypur spending as now there are no issues even spending on large purchases so all is good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.