Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AY Visa Credit card with Aktia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by crisu_09
I can't use the card because i can't log into the app to activate the card!!! Not with mobiilivarmenne nor with any bank accounts.
Having the same issue here. After authenticating to the app with online banking I only get a message "Use of service not successful. Please try again. On repeated errors please contact your bank.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:05 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by tumik
Having the same issue here. After authenticating to the app with online banking I only get a message "Use of service not successful. Please try again. On repeated errors please contact your bank.
I have the same issue I assume its because no approval (or denial ) has been made 😁🤷‍♂️

With all these IT issues and problems it makes me think Aktia and ay are a match made in heaven 😁😁😁
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by tumik
I had the same for a few days - I guess what it REALLY means is that your application hasn't been handled yet (or was denied?) so you are not a customer, not in the db yet, so error. Once I got approved things started to work, the card showed in the app and I could set some preferences.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by Superfast
My application was not approved immediately, but I received secure email that said "Kortti lähetetään sinulle postitse kahden viikon kuluessa, jos hakemus hyväksytään."

Few days later the card was ready in the app. Today I activated it and added it to my GooglePay. Even though I have not received any acceptance email nor the card or the pin code.

Maybe my application is now approved. Go figure.
I received the pin code today. Progress
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:24 am

Programs: AY Silver. HHonors Gold & the other shiny cards you get with the AX plat
Originally Posted by TapioR
I have been a customer of Aktia for over 15 years and had mortgages with them for almost 15 years. I was even an employee for a few years. I was now rejected after two days of manual processing. I have had countless credit cards from different banks and companies and never had a rejected application. The credit limits pushed upon me by Nordea and Norwegian have been higher than I could have dreamed of. Now being rejected by “my own” bank… Not sure if I should laugh or cry.
I sent a new application 15.6.2022 and was approved today, and was able to add the card to Apple Pay now. In my new application I had calculated my living costs more carefully and that must have tipped the scales in my favour. I was given the credit limit I applied for, which is roughly 1,6 x net income.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:56 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Still waiting, 2 weeks gone and I sent a message to them today insane to take 2 weeks to process applications 🤷‍♂️
Old Jun 21, 2022, 6:10 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
It is interesting Finnair chose to launch a new card. Sadly this is a purely domestic partner, so no chance of a launch in secondary markets.

I do wonder though if they will consider doing something in sweden. It would be a move to support the ARN-based flights. Also, with NA flights becoming more important for the overall business and SK going south quickly, it could also fit into a scenario to capture more of swedish market of leisure traveller.
kauppias likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: AY+ Silver, SK EB Silver, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I had the same for a few days - I guess what it REALLY means is that your application hasn't been handled yet (or was denied?) so you are not a customer, not in the db yet, so error. Once I got approved things started to work, the card showed in the app and I could set some preferences.
I received my PIN code last week and the card today but the authentication still fails. So it's not just about whether the application has been handled or not.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Same problem as Anchjo, Tumik and Crisu - card and PIN received. App broken.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by intuition
It is interesting Finnair chose to launch a new card. Sadly this is a purely domestic partner, so no chance of a launch in secondary markets.

I do wonder though if they will consider doing something in sweden. It would be a move to support the ARN-based flights. Also, with NA flights becoming more important for the overall business and SK going south quickly, it could also fit into a scenario to capture more of swedish market of leisure traveller.
I am sure that AY would be happy to have a branded card in Sweden (or other markets), as long as they make a cut.

So the question is more what do banks / credit card companies gain when they partner up and e.g. pay for points.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:25 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Jainzar
I am sure that AY would be happy to have a branded card in Sweden (or other markets), as long as they make a cut.

So the question is more what do banks / credit card companies gain when they partner up and e.g. pay for points.
I can't pretend to know the market, but when I was involved in branded cards, there was a revenue split on the card fees. So then the question becomes "why would a bank want to split the revenue with someone else?". I guess the idea is that they will gain customers they otherwise wouldn't get. And that the partner has some incentive in the card, making the customer using that card for more spend. Ie branded card is meant to increase the market share of the banking partner in terms of CC transactions.

In the case of the card I was involved in, the banking partner actually came to us after a few years saying "We would like to see you make activities to grow number of card holders, otherwise we think the should terminate the partnership". So while we were happy with the card, the bank wasn't unless we put more effort into it and it turned out we chose not to and the partnership was terminated.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: AY Plat
Originally Posted by Anchjo
I received my PIN code last week and the card today but the authentication still fails. So it's not just about whether the application has been handled or not.
the same with me - as i wrote in the first place i have received my card and PIN and approval was done automaticallu right aftet applying, but the crappy app still doesnt work. And Aktia CS says "ei voi muuta kuin pahoitella"
Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:04 am

So what do the terms of the service agreement say if the customer service provides that sort of answer?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:21 am

Same here. App is obviously broken. Got my PIN letter today and decided to try the app. Can't identify myself. I have tried identification through Nordea and OP.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:34 am

If you look carefully, right after the authentication with the bank completes, there is a grey screen that says authentication completed succesfully (I think, I have not been able to record it). Only after that the error comes. So it's probably not unable to identify. It just can't find an account for your identity.

Not that it helps much.

For those lucky ones who have a working card, do they see it on the Aktia.fi customer service / online banking site?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.