Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AY Visa Credit card with Aktia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2022, 4:10 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by zxcv1
1. From banking fees that you pay in any case if you have a bank account. You pay them and the Aktia card fees on top, or you pay just the banking fees and use a card that is included for free.

2. Check e.g. Danske Bank Mastercard Platinum that has 0.5% cashback and PP, and is included in their premium package. I'm not entirely sure how "premium" this Aktia card is so whether my comparison is entirely valid in that sense. Just my thoughts and two cents. Still, I think justifying Finnair Plus award points over direct cashback is a bit difficult, though spending amounts and such do matter as you point out.
At least I don't pay any banking fees (except my SEB AY+ Mastercard), I just use the free S-Bank account.

The Danske Premium package costs 12,50 e/month, so compared to the Aktia card you would pay 6,50 e/month more, i.e. 78 e annually. A bit steep for two Priority Pass lounge visits.

Cash is king, but I do consider 3 AY+ points far more valuable than 0,005 e (that you would get as cashback from the Danske card for each euro spent). Edit: and later I read that this Danske cashback is not true cashback like in S-Bank, but you can just use it to pay for your banking fees.

Last edited by r2d2; Jun 9, 2022 at 4:15 am
Old Jun 9, 2022, 4:17 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Jainzar
For you or in general?

If it is in general then this sounds like manufactured spending. You talk about a 150k€ spent per year.
Its not difficult to do, but we degress 😀
Old Jun 9, 2022, 4:18 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
For you or in general?

If it is in general then this sounds like manufactured spending. You talk about a 150k€ spent per year.
In the US manufactured spending is a whole sport, so why not
Old Jun 9, 2022, 4:30 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by zxcv1
1. From banking fees that you pay in any case if you have a bank account. You pay them and the Aktia card fees on top, or you pay just the banking fees and use a card that is included for free.

2. Check e.g. Danske Bank Mastercard Platinum that has 0.5% cashback and PP, and is included in their premium package. I'm not entirely sure how "premium" this Aktia card is so whether my comparison is entirely valid in that sense. Just my thoughts and two cents. Still, I think justifying Finnair Plus award points over direct cashback is a bit difficult, though spending amounts and such do matter as you point out.
Sorry, but you’re not comparing the correct things here.

Anyway, the only real comparison here is the SEB MC and against that this new card is a no-brainer so sent in the application as well, it said ”card coming in 2 weeks so we’ll see).

The Visa App doesn’t work yet, even they asked to download it..
kauppias likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by r2d2
At least I don't pay any banking fees (except my SEB AY+ Mastercard), I just use the free S-Bank account.

The Danske Premium package costs 12,50 e/month, so compared to the Aktia card you would pay 6,50 e/month more, i.e. 78 e annually. A bit steep for two Priority Pass lounge visits.

Cash is king, but I do consider 3 AY+ points far more valuable than 0,005 e (that you would get as cashback from the Danske card for each euro spent). Edit: and later I read that this Danske cashback is not true cashback like in S-Bank, but you can just use it to pay for your banking fees.
78 e annually just for two PP would be steep indeed.

What do you mean by "use it only to pay for your banking fees"? Edit: found the fine print! It does indeed tilt the balances.
r2d2 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I don't get it - if you're Basic member, you get 2,5p/€, Silver or above 3p/€. But if you're Basic, you'll get upgraded to Silver with the new card, so it's 3p/€ for all, isn't it?
Abducted Alien likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 1:25 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I don't get it - if you're Basic member, you get 2,5p/€, Silver or above 3p/€. But if you're Basic, you'll get upgraded to Silver with the new card, so it's 3p/€ for all, isn't it?
Wasn’t the Silver comped for the first year for AY Basic applicants so some/most will drop back to 2,5p/€ later?
WilcoRoger likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 1:25 pm

its a beginning promo, I would sssume not long stading offer, and you get silver after 3months of spending 500€+
WilcoRoger likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:07 am

Well three days came and went with no word from Aktia 🤷‍♂️😁

Maybe they meant three weeks for a reply 🤷‍♂️
TapioR and FFlash like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by kauppias
Well three days came and went with no word from Aktia 🤷‍♂️😁

Maybe they meant three weeks for a reply 🤷‍♂️
Are you sure that it‘s not at least three months? Summer vacations kick in quite soon.
r2d2, FFlash and kauppias like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:19 pm

Are you sure that it‘s not at least three months? Summer vacations kick in quite soon.
Very well may be, luckily its not a card needed urgently 😁😁
Old Jun 10, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by kauppias
Very well may be, luckily its not a card needed urgently 😁😁
I reckon…same here. Just send me those upgrade vouchers and points, you may keep the card and let the useless bank clerks play cards with them
Jainzar and kauppias like this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
The online application failed, even though I allowed access to my bank account - "can't determine this or that" "please upload latest payslip". I did and never heard back from Aktia. The clock is ticking, let's see if anything comes out of this.
FFlash likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:13 am

The online application failed, even though I allowed access to my bank account - "can't determine this or that" "please upload latest payslip". I did and never heard back from Aktia. The clock is ticking, let's see if anything comes out of this.
I also uploaded my paystub and they said 3 days for a decision 🤷‍♂️😁

Perhaps the person who manually checks these is on their summer vacation 😁😁
Old Jun 11, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
The online application failed, even though I allowed access to my bank account - "can't determine this or that" "please upload latest payslip". I did and never heard back from Aktia.
The same thing with me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.