Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2021, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by ccna101
I will be visiting DTW (A38 or A68) any report of food as of lately?
curious as well since I think Michigan just did away with most of their Covid restrictions today.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 5:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
I haven't flown out of EWR in the past month or so but last time I was there the skyclub was closed, it's opened now serving hot food and various other stuff.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ccna101
I will be visiting DTW (A38 or A68) any report of food as of lately?
When I was in DTW a few weeks ago it was full hot buffet but it was being served by a server. I was told that it was going back to self serve June 15th so it should be back to normal now.
ccna101 and Smithwicks70 like this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 6:16 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
When I was in DTW a few weeks ago it was full hot buffet but it was being served by a server. I was told that it was going back to self serve June 15th so it should be back to normal now.
can confirm. Friday was meatballs and pasta, self-serve.
previous it was hamburgers and hotdogs served by staff
ccna101 and cmd320 like this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I associate BBQ with Texas, Alabama (Dreamland), Mississippi (MEM airport), NC, maybe KS but not Atlanta or Georgia.

OTOH chicken and waffles would be great for breakfast/brunch.
You might but that doesn't me the world does. Georgia has a big BBQ history and it's topped off by one of the biggest names (and biggest winners in the competition world) in Myron Mixon.
Originally Posted by dcadwell
While I understand that, don't underestimate the quality of BBQ that can be found in/around Atlanta.
exactly.
Originally Posted by bonoman
I concur That's like comparing tacos to lasagna. NC bbq is different than KC or TX BBQ or even some in AZ/NM. People should not be comparing like they are the same food, sauce, smoking technique, wood.
very much the truth. I do BBQ competitions as a side project and the way we do things in Georgia aren't remotely comparable to say what they do in Texas. Wood is different, sauce is different. Georgia is big on pork, Texas big on Beef. etc. etc.
Which is different to Kanas city style, Memphis style, Kentucky style, Carolina style.....etc. etc.
bonoman and dcadwell like this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by demkr
Can confirm that the BOS satellite terminal SC at A18 is open!

(still serving prepackaged food however)
Heading through BOS tomorrow; is the main club still serving pre-packaged food as well? I'll have a few hours to kill so I can choose either club (and the hotel breakfast here has been extremely weak).
Old Jun 22, 2021, 10:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
Yeah, DFW hasn't seen any improvement. It's the worst in the morning.
Is it practical to use the Centurion lounge at DFW before a DL flight? Or does this require going through TSA airport security (at least) twice?
Old Jun 22, 2021, 10:44 pm

Is it practical to use the Centurion lounge at DFW before a DL flight? Or does this require going through TSA airport security (at least) twice?
You can get from the Centurion Lounge in Terminal D to the DL gates in E without needing to re-clear security as all terminals are connected post-security via the SkyLink train. However this would probably take 10-15 mins to get from the Centurion Lounge to the DL Gates as Terminal D is a few stops away from Terminal E so it would only be practical if you showed up to DFW well before your flight.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 10:44 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
If you're not checking in bags, you can enter in Terminal D. The only thing is that they don't always have a dedicated PreCheck line open so you may need to wait in the regular line with everyone else. The other thing is that there have also been reports of a waitlist at the DFW CL. There is the Skylink which is the airside connector, so you only need to clear security once, and it really comes down to how much time you have, what is open, and how many people are also trying to access the CL.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 11:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've been considering spending the night before a DL flight at either the HR or the GH. This would be a trip with no bags to check and I assume that I would do OLCI and print my boarding pass. I have CLEAR and (not guaranteed of course) PreCheck in addition to SkyPriority.

I have some flexibility to schedule the trip for a day of the week when the Centurion lounge is less likely to have a wait list, but I'm not willing to do a crack of dawn departure.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 11:06 pm

I've been considering spending the night before a DL flight at either the HR or the GH. This would be a trip with no bags to check and I assume that I would do OLCI and print my boarding pass. I have CLEAR and (not guaranteed of course) PreCheck in addition to SkyPriority.

I have some flexibility to schedule the trip for a day of the week when the Centurion lounge is less likely to have a wait list, but I'm not willing to do a crack of dawn departure.
The Grand Hyatt DFW is connected directly to Terminal D where the Centurion Lounge is located and TSA PreCheck is available in Terminal D from 5am to 6pm (Clear is only available in Terminal E at DFW). If you do decide to visit the Centurion Lounge before a DL flight, I’d give yourself 20 mins to get to the Delta Gates in Terminal E to be on the safe side.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 5:38 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Has anyone been at the JFK T4 club in the last few days? I’m trying to find out if the showers have reopened. Since last Tuesday nearly everything in NY has reopened. I contacted Delta and not surprisingly got inconclusive information.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 5:55 am

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
Thank you .. Stop by here shortly btw connection early morning and I do see muffin/egg / sausage ,

Hope thing will be in normal - or close to it.
Smithwicks70 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Yes it's practical, DFW is all interconnected airside via the Skytrain.

GH is a pretty nice hotel, especially for an airport hotel. Super convenient with nice, modern rooms. Going to Terminal E is pretty easy from there, I would just clear security in D, visit the Centurion Lounge and then take the Skytrain to E. I'd budget ~15-20 minutes from Centurion Lounge to gate in E depending on how quickly you like to move through the airport.

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Has anyone been at the JFK T4 club in the last few days? I’m trying to find out if the showers have reopened. Since last Tuesday nearly everything in NY has reopened. I contacted Delta and not surprisingly got inconclusive information.
Showers are still shockingly closed.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 10:47 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by cmd320

Showers are still shockingly closed.
Thanks for the info. Maybe the Centurion lounge showers are open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.