Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Corona Virus-COVID-19 / Operational Impact

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 29, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
The following two links are updated daily:

IATA international transit / arrival policies re: Wuhan 2019-nCoV

WHO Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation reports

Other Discussions on FlyerTalk Pertaining to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus, which is now also known as COVID-2019:
Print Wikipost

DL Corona Virus-COVID-19 / Operational Impact

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2020, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I doubt they will cancel all June PVG flights. They will probably run a limited schedule like they are doing with HND for May (3x weekly to SEA and 3x weekly to DTW).
Old Apr 23, 2020, 1:19 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Originally Posted by xliioper
I doubt they will cancel all June PVG flights. They will probably run a limited schedule like they are doing with HND for May (3x weekly to SEA and 3x weekly to DTW).
If Delta cancel most flight from China in June (because boarder are close).
The other option is if France reopen before USA (and AF resume some flight with China) is to transit by CDG (CDG have an international transit area, something not available in USA).
Old Apr 23, 2020, 5:13 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I think the situation is so fluid, who knows where it will go. Does DL or any other carrier do cargo internationally? I wonder how those will be affected by shutdowns.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by cfabar1
I think the situation is so fluid, who knows where it will go. Does DL or any other carrier do cargo internationally? I wonder how those will be affected by shutdowns.
Delta and United are both doing cargo flights internationally. Many airlines have stepped up cargo flights with China recently.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 10:56 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
Originally Posted by givionte
Yeah, nothing looks promising at this point, I've been stressing endlessly. I've had my flight in May changed about 12 times in the last 2 months, and we thought 2 days ago our current flight plan wouldn't fail, until South Korea decided to change transit rules literally the day of she went in to hand in her application for a visa.

Now we are praying for a Shanghai flight since Incheon connections are out the window., otherwise we will have to scrape up money to get a $3,500 a pop one-way ticket to LAX. Her immigrant visa expires in June.
Wait a second, can someone tell me more about this transit visa? I have ATL-ICN midnight flight( assuming it doesnt get canceled) with a 14 hour layover. I booked the Sheraton a few miles away for the day.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by nwa330
Wait a second, can someone tell me more about this transit visa? I have ATL-ICN midnight flight( assuming it doesnt get canceled) with a 14 hour layover. I booked the Sheraton a few miles away for the day.
Only applies outbound from China to ICN onwards to a 3rd country, and Americans are exempt from all the restrictions. If you aren't coming from China, you would be ok to transit.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
May changes https://news.delta.com/where-delta-flying-may

Some more cuts (like SEA-YVR going to 1x daily) but looks like they're trying to start service back up in C/S America second half of May. That's good news!
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 4:35 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I will believe it when it happens. A press release is one thing, a flight is another.
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 9:37 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Wow, while eminently sensible of course, I'm still surprised to see not one transatlantic JFK destination operating in May.

Originally Posted by ab2013
Old Apr 25, 2020, 6:18 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by progapanda
Wow, while eminently sensible of course, I'm still surprised to see not one transatlantic JFK destination operating in May.
Dont know which is correct (the press release or the reservations systems) but both JFK-LHR and JFK-TLV appear bookable for parts of May.

TLV looks like 3x weekly (Tue Fri Sun) starting May 8. LHR starts May 7 (but no ops on May 8) and appears daily as the only JFK-LHR flight (no VS flights at all).
Old Apr 25, 2020, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The current schedule shows DL JFK-LHR restarts May 4th (daily). VS JFK-LHR restarts May 18th (also daily). JFK-TLV restarts May 8th and is 5x weekly (Sun Tue Wed Fri Sat). It could be DL is not all that confident about these restarting and didn't mention them in the press release. Or it could just be because they aren't there at the beginning of the month.

Last edited by xliioper; Apr 25, 2020 at 8:45 am
Old Apr 25, 2020, 10:31 am

Programs: Kettle Class
That would be strange because the Apr 24 press release clearly identifies routes that will begin in the second half of the month. Either flights have not been taken out of the GDS, or Delta is monitoring demand and has tweaked schedules already.

Originally Posted by xliioper
The current schedule shows DL JFK-LHR restarts May 4th (daily). VS JFK-LHR restarts May 18th (also daily). JFK-TLV restarts May 8th and is 5x weekly (Sun Tue Wed Fri Sat). It could be DL is not all that confident about these restarting and didn't mention them in the press release. Or it could just be because they aren't there at the beginning of the month.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by progapanda
That would be strange because the Apr 24 press release clearly identifies routes that will begin in the second half of the month. Either flights have not been taken out of the GDS, or Delta is monitoring demand and has tweaked schedules already.
https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...irus-downturn/

Interesting article on DLs fleet parking plans. All of the A320s have now been temporarily parked which I can understand as they are one of the oldest fleet types DL has. Parking all of the 739s on the other hand (there are still 41 in active service according to planespotters.net) seems rather interesting as most are only around 5 years old and have plenty of life remaining.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 12:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...irus-downturn/

Interesting article on DLs fleet parking plans. All of the A320s have now been temporarily parked which I can understand as they are one of the oldest fleet types DL has. Parking all of the 739s on the other hand (there are still 41 in active service according to planespotters.net) seems rather interesting as most are only around 5 years old and have plenty of life remaining.
Probably too much capacity (plane too large)? Looks like the 321s are also half parked.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ab2013
Probably too much capacity (plane too large)? Looks like the 321s are also half parked.
Thats what I originally expected, but then I noticed there are still lots of 757 and A321s (both of which seat more than the 739) still flying. I dont understand why a route like MCO-ATL still needs to be all 757 with all the parks and tourist attractions closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.