Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS stops all direct flights to mainland China

Old Jan 30, 20, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, BA, AF & SK

Nothing about HKG yet

I guess that was a matter of time....
Old Jan 30, 20, 7:06 am

Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
Well, it would be nice to include a source - but here you go, I'll do that for you:

https://www.sas.dk/traffic-information/message/

CORONAVIRUS

(Updated 30JAN20)

INFORMATION REGARDING SAS FLIGHTS TO AND FROM SHANGHAI, BEIJING AND HONGKONG
The safety of our passengers and employees is our highest priority. After evaluating the situation in China regarding the Coronavirus, SAS has decided to suspend all flights to and from Shanghai and Beijing, as from tomorrow Friday 31st January, until February 9th. SAS will also close sales for all flights to and from Shanghai and Beijing until February 29th.

Refunds and rebooking possibilities are offered for affected passengers.

SAS will operate the scheduled flights outbound from Copenhagen to Shanghai and Beijing 30th January including homebound flights from Shanghai and Beijing to Copenhagen 31th January.

Hong Kong will be serviced as scheduled.

SAS will continue to monitor the situation in constant dialogue with authorities regarding information about the situation.
Old Jan 30, 20, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, BA, AF & SK
Thank you @SKT-DK

I will do better next time
Old Jan 30, 20, 3:04 pm

Programs: SK *G
Originally Posted by supersympa View Post
Thank you @SKT-DK

I will do better next time
No need to apologize when the info was correct
Old Jan 30, 20, 11:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So during this period of suspended service, what will be done with the wide-body planes that SAS will have pulled from China service?

A lot of airlines seem to have planes that may go underutilized due to the suspension of China service. I wonder what all SAS and some of these airlines will do with the extra plane availability time.
Old Jan 31, 20, 12:51 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
So during this period of suspended service, what will be done with the wide-body planes that SAS will have pulled from China service?

A lot of airlines seem to have planes that may go underutilized due to the suspension of China service. I wonder what all SAS and some of these airlines will do with the extra plane availability time.
Mostly maintenance or stored. The time frame and notice is to short for additional routes or flights on existing routes. A few cases of swapping to a larger bird on existing routes might happen, but it will be the rare case.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: