Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2022, 4:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais

Shakshuka eggs

LHR - SOF just now. Tasted fine but not exactly a looker. Sat next to a fellow B2Ber.
alex67500 and TarquinMontague like this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 4:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by choosethedrew

Shakshuka eggs

LHR - SOF just now. Tasted fine but not exactly a looker. Sat next to a fellow B2Ber.
Makes me ill just looking at it
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by champignon
Makes me ill just looking at it
Sadly another victim of the mini nuclear reactors that only BA has installed in its galleys
bafan likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 5:25 am

Shakshuka eggs

It looks like the hot towel has finally returned.....
Old Sep 24, 2022, 9:38 am

Chicken brochette

SOF - LHR just now. No menu, chicken on corn purée (I think?)

Just a word on the crew on this return sector, they were extremely loveable (the lady in charge reminded me strongly of Alice from the Vicar of Dibley RIP) so it pains me to say this but they managed to be busy, up and about but there was somehow no pace to the service even though there were three CC serving 8 rows. My finished tray was in front of me for at least an hour. I’m not sure whether they are stymied by BAs inefficient processes but on other airlines it just seems like the distribution of food and drink is a lot simpler and CC can go at it with a bit more oomph.

But once again, they were very kind and charming and even making some slightly comedic slips such as first describing the choice as chicken korma, oh no it’s a vegetable korma actually, or roast chicken on brochette I mean why not just give out the menus and save yourself the pain.

EDIT: the beetroot broccoli yoghurt thing is a very misguided combo, they probably think they are channeling Yotam but with zero seasoning it was almost completely devoid of taste.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
TWO Rolls? Special treatment or by your request?
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by T8191
TWO Rolls? Special treatment or by your request?
No, the head CC was a real feeder and forced the second on me!
dcmike, T8191 and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Gold

Just a word on the crew on this return sector, they were extremely loveable (the lady in charge reminded me strongly of Alice from the Vicar of Dibley RIP) so it pains me to say this but they managed to be busy, up and about but there was somehow no pace to the service even though there were three CC serving 8 rows. My finished tray was in front of me for at least an hour. I’m not sure whether they are stymied by BAs inefficient processes but on other airlines it just seems like the distribution of food and drink is a lot simpler and CC can go at it with a bit more oomph.

But once again, they were very kind and charming and even making some slightly comedic slips such as first describing the choice as chicken korma, oh no it’s a vegetable korma actually, or roast chicken on brochette I mean why not just give out the menus and save yourself the pain.

EDIT: the beetroot broccoli yoghurt thing is a very misguided combo, they probably think they are channeling Yotam but with zero seasoning it was almost completely devoid of taste.
I flew this route a week ago, and got exactly this meal - no menu, asked the CC - who told me Do&Co regularly load a different menu card to the meal that’s onboard and so they just cannot hand them out!
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: BA

Menu on BA1341 24/09/22 JER-LHR (return catered at LGW)

Salmon Niçoise salad option (LGW-catered)

Club Europe catering aboard BA1341 JER-LHR (catering loaded at LGW). Again, very tasty (albeit I am not a fan of feta, but that’s personal preference). Pro-active crew, even coming round with a second round of drinks. Not bad on a flight time of 36 minutes!
Old Sep 24, 2022, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Yesterday's LHR-SOF breakfast. No bread offered. I guess the jam goes on ham. Yum!

Old Sep 24, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Had the cold cut on LHR BDS this morning, it was OK. I'd had a bit of bacon in the lounge so didn't feel like another fry up. My partner had the poached eggs, both were still runny (sorry no pics from that one).

8 rows of CE, I saw at least 3 large bottles of NF get emptied. Service was really proactive with 3 attendants in CE for most of the flight and proactive top ups the whole way.

Old Sep 24, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.

Shakshuka eggs

I love shakshuka, but not sure how it could look great via airline catering. Glad it tasted fine.

Chicken brochette

This dish is very poor IME. Dry chunks of bland chicken breast, v underwhelming corn moussline and random other veg.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 5:12 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold

LGW-FAO
Had the chicken, which was good. The starter was bland, though.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 1:26 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
BA1382 LHR to MAN yesterday morning, 0645.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 2:23 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Originally Posted by champignon
LHR-GVA BA 738 16 Sept. 2022

Curried Chicken Salad
I had this on LHR-INV yesterday, quite enjoyed it. Fabulous crew, very pro-active with drinks and got a golden ticket from me. This was the wider menu:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.