Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by chriswiles
the crew said "we're supposed to have a chicken salad option but they've removed it and replaced it with this egg option"..
That's disappointing to hear if it's the Cajun chicken salad - I've had it twice now and it's been excellent both times.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 9:53 am
PB2

LHR BA Club lounge - champers hidden back in the kitchen again today
Old Sep 21, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Techonista
I find this a very odd dish. It’s like the essential and central protein element has simply been dropped and they couldn’t be bothered to rethink the meal.
bafan, wrp96, subject2load and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
I find this a very odd dish. It’s like the essential and central protein element has simply been dropped and they couldn’t be bothered to rethink the meal.
Bring on the tofu; then you can call it the “vegan “ meal
Old Sep 21, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by champignon
Bring on the tofu; then you can call it the “vegan “ meal
Apart from the egg of course, and without that it could fairly be described as dîner de lapin
alex67500 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Apart from the egg of course, and without that it could fairly be described as dîner de lapin
The egg was just a garnish; you don't have to eat it.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 3:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by PB2
LHR BA Club lounge - champers hidden back in the kitchen again today
Which terminal? This was the case at T3 last week, but last time I was in T5 in August it was out and plentiful...

After asking three people for a glass in T3 to no avail ('we don't have it' was quickly refuted by pointing at someone else with a glass) I asked the person who seemed to know what they were doing for four glasses. Their colleague was surprised to find they were all for me when delivered.
ajamieson and AAL2887 like this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 8:15 am

Programs: BA

Menu BA1362 LGW-JER 22/09/22

Sirloin beef salad. Whole meal very tasty. BA1362 LGW-JER 22/09/22

All very tasty.
Sealink and T8191 like this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 9:28 am
PB2

Originally Posted by AviationMoose
Which terminal? This was the case at T3 last week, but last time I was in T5 in August it was out and plentiful...

After asking three people for a glass in T3 to no avail ('we don't have it' was quickly refuted by pointing at someone else with a glass) I asked the person who seemed to know what they were doing for four glasses. Their colleague was surprised to find they were all for me when delivered.
T5 LHR Club lounge yesterday (21 Sept). A few weeks ago there was a large table full of self pour champagne (where the glass bottled water used to be served). Yesterday was a mess, crowded dirty lounge, the Brita water just dribbled out resulting in long queues just for that - and at the other end of the spectrum the champagne was hidden…

I managed to get a couple of glasses of champagne catching the staff by the kitchen doors - and could just make out it was the usual Nicolas Feuillatte. After 2 champagne glasses were provided with lipstick marks on I raised this with a manager that was floating around.

He was very nice, apologised and said they were having trouble with their dish washer…and also hinted that the champagne could be back out today to give the staff a break from all the interruptions!
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by PB2
T5 LHR Club lounge yesterday (21 Sept). A few weeks ago there was a large table full of self pour champagne (where the glass bottled water used to be served). Yesterday was a mess, crowded dirty lounge, the Brita water just dribbled out resulting in long queues just for that - and at the other end of the spectrum the champagne was hidden…

I managed to get a couple of glasses of champagne catching the staff by the kitchen doors - and could just make out it was the usual Nicolas Feuillatte. After 2 champagne glasses were provided with lipstick marks on I raised this with a manager that was floating around.

He was very nice, apologised and said they were having trouble with their dish washer…and also hinted that the champagne could be back out today to give the staff a break from all the interruptions!
Ah good to know, thanks. It's interesting you mention it was also a mess at the time, because mess and less being 'out' have been hand in hand the last couple of times I've been there - though one was back in March. But still champagne was out in August. Hopefully it remains out; it's not like plenty of people guzzle it, and as the manager hinted, just the time factor involved in getting it 'manually' seems to outweigh the pros of keeping it hidden.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:38 pm

I am amazed by how many slices British Airways can get from a hard-boiled egg. 🥚 They have to be world record champions by now.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Kosher breakfast last week on LHR AGP - forgot to take a pic after unwrapping!! Was a generous sized egg and salmon with potato and a tomato sauce. Quite tasty. Return pasta from GIB

KARFA likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
BA1445 Edi- LHR 23 September

Very pleasant afternoon tea (although cake had nuts in it according to the crew so had to be left). Only Aviation loaded so that was it but very pleasant. Other half enjoyed the Nicolas bubbles which he said were nicely chilled

Really great crew - as we were a little delayed they were dealing with some stressed guests re the transfer some of whom would not accept that on a T5 to T5 transfer there was no borders clearance or security.

The crew done good!

on a side note nearly turned up as empty handed hosts at our party -

Heathrow duty free has absolutely no champagne- Fortnum and Masons saved the day!
TedToToe likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
Heathrow duty free has absolutely no champagne- Fortnum and Masons saved the day!
Yes, at least in T5. I asked about it too this morning, utterly baffling level of bad stock management that they ran out of every possible variety of probably the most profitable product in the shop. Must be costing them a fortune in lost sales.
thegreatmrsj and ENTP like this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
BA626 LHR to ATH

Service was very slow Drinks top ups offered but not regularly Personally the choice didn’t work for me Chose the macaroni hoped for comfort food but it was very bland heavy on the pasta light on the cheese and the cauliflower was infinitismal

You needed a straw for the starter it was very liquid

Interesting for this meal it was one fork one knife one spoon. Not a big deal but not ideal

Id call it a 5/10 experience

Menu. Nothing jumped out

GOTBound likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.