Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2022, 4:26 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by smiles in the aisles
perhaps the highlighting is to influence your decision and try and make you pick that dish? 🤷🏼‍♂️
I think you might be right on this, since I've noticed when there's no menu some crew will present the choices verbally in a rather suggestive way, eg "today we have the cajun chicken salad, or the vegetarian option". For many people, it's easier to just accept the chicken than to ask "and what's the vegetarian option?".
SxMan likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by LondonAussie
I think you might be right on this, since I've noticed when there's no menu some crew will present the choices verbally in a rather suggestive way, eg "today we have the cajun chicken salad, or the vegetarian option". For many people, it's easier to just accept the chicken than to ask "and what's the vegetarian option?".
That specific example is a fairly crude way of putting it but it is a strategy that's employed. You make one sound better than the other as you go down the cabin so that the choices are selected in the approximate ratio that they're loaded. This way by the time you get to the back row you still have a choice to give.
In fairness, though, it never normally works as well as planned as there's always one option that sounds significantly worse than the other(s), and you won't get many takers!
dcmike likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:20 am

Or in my case last week "there's a beef curry or a butternut squash gnocchi"..... few seconds of pause.... "and theres also a Caesar Salad".... suffice to say....

This was a 11am departure incidentally.
Also managed to nab an additional salted caramel chocolate pot which I was extremely grateful for.​​​​
Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (GGL, GFL)
The breakfast sausage is getting comically short and stubby! It will soon be more like a meatball if the cost is cut any further.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Gold/OW Emerald
Originally Posted by philthegreek
On Saturday 01 October, BA885 from OTP (Bucharest) had the Club Europe kitchen, crisps and chocolates taken round twice by the cabin crew in a basket, in the later stages of the journey. IMO a welcome addition.

‘’Is it the same food as the Club World Kitchen?? Thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA491 1520 Gibraltar - Heathrow 04/10/22.

Cous Cous (?) and tomato starter with a sour cream(?) base, Chicken tikka and rice main. Lovely chocolate mousse for desert, with cheddar and brie cheese and a very sweet chutney (more akin to mincemeat out of a mince pie!) with sourdough crackers. Warm bread roll.

No Brewdog though, they only had 4 cans loaded and used gave them out on the outbound.

8/10 food. 10/10 service.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
BA1326 LHR-NCL, breakfast

Rebooked onto this service following the cancellation of yesterday afternoon's flight so in row 5 at the back of club.

Fully expected there to be no traditional breakfasts left, which was the case (they ran out by row 3).

Goat's cheese muffin, which the crew described as a soufflé. In reality it wasn't either and had quite a dense texture. Tasted ok, temperature very hot and the kale had gone to a crisp. Cheese sauce was a bit weird.

Old Oct 5, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by MarcD
Rebooked onto this service following the cancellation of yesterday afternoon's flight so in row 5 at the back of club.

Fully expected there to be no traditional breakfasts left, which was the case (they ran out by row 3).

Goat's cheese muffin, which the crew described as a soufflé. In reality it wasn't either and had quite a dense texture. Tasted ok, temperature very hot and the kale had gone to a crisp. Cheese sauce was a bit weird.
Disappointing that they didn’t have enough of the full English. I always assumed they’d over cater on the FE at the expense of the other dish, but I guess that’s not always the case…
Sealink likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by MarcD

That's really great... Happy to see the Full English back on domestics. Is it also available in all bands? And 300ish calories is not that much... Great to see calorie numbers displayed.
bafan likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Exec - BA GGL/CCR, UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by bafan
Disappointing that they didn’t have enough of the full English. I always assumed they’d over cater on the FE at the expense of the other dish, but I guess that’s not always the case…
I agree, i would have thought that BA would have the numbers that suggest most people are ordering FE for breakfast unless a customer is vegetarian
Sealink and bafan like this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Normal loading would be 50% of the popular first choice 30% of the second and 20% of the third.
MarcD, Sealink and AnaTravel like this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by bafan
Disappointing that they didn’t have enough of the full English.
Originally Posted by BA6948
Happy to see the Full English back on domestics.
Originally Posted by AAL2887
most people are ordering FE for breakfast
Folks, as BA have now decreed, it's a Full British...
adrianlondon and bafan like this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 11:24 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
.. Great to see calorie numbers displayed.
Why?

Do they now have calorie numbers displayed on the bar as well?
Old Oct 5, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
That's really great... Happy to see the Full English back on domestics. Is it also available in all bands?
It is across all bands except express I believe - I had one a few days ago on LHR-SOF (and the other options were the same). Breakfast is the one meal where you get the same on a domestic or a band 4.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Genius1
Folks, as BA have now decreed, it's a Full British...
I’d go with that if it included any of black pudding, haggis, tattie scone or square sausage…
BravoKilo, Sealink, greg5 and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.