Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Thanks, Band 2, Venice.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 9:05 pm

LHR - GVA Kosher Breakfast

Really glad to have this meal. Certainly a lot more of it than the standard option, and challenging to finish given the short flight time.
Frittata, potato cake and mushrooms: very good with the mushrooms providing much needed sauce.
Croissant and cinnamon roll: very good
Fruit: ok
Only criticism was the absence of butter.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 9:10 pm

GVA - LHR Kosher afternoon tea (3.20pm take off)

Again, more food here than on the standard option.
Sandwiches were tuna mayo with sweetcorn and cucumber; salmon; and (cold) roasted vegetables. I didn't like the veg one.
Scone was provided on the right. Cabin crew had forgotten to heat it up.
Small piece of cake and a macaroon for dessert: really nice.
Sealink and orbitmic like this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 11:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA
Originally Posted by Yanshuf
Small piece of cake and a macaroon for dessert: really nice.
Looks like a macaron, not a macaroon.
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...the-difference
81romeo likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Peter Snijder
If your destination is in band 2, you'll get lunch. If it's in band 3 or band 4, you'll get a "rest of the day" meal.
CE breakfast within the bands is something I find slightly odd. Let's say you flew to Stockholm during the day, you'd receive a light meal. Fly at breakfast, you get the full English option. However, fly a far longer band 4 option, normally you'd receive a more substantial meal, but at breakfast you receive the same as someone on a band 1 or 2. Makes no sense.
TedToToe likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 3:15 pm

Programs: BAEC
Deleted.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by chriswiles
CE breakfast within the bands is something I find slightly odd. Let's say you flew to Stockholm during the day, you'd receive a light meal. Fly at breakfast, you get the full English option. However, fly a far longer band 4 option, normally you'd receive a more substantial meal, but at breakfast you receive the same as someone on a band 1 or 2. Makes no sense.
Not a good example - ARN gets a full hot meal all day! - but I see your point on shorter (bands 1 and 2) flights. I think BA feels that "full English" is an important signature for them in C so they offer it on shorter routes even where they would offer the paltry "brunch" or "afternoon tea" at other times.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
More beef cheeks, this time with mashed potato, veg and gravy, on LHR-SPU today. It tasted pretty good. No menus again. Initially told there were just two options the other being an aubergine curry. It turned out there were also prawn salads loaded. Good, personable crew today and a nice flight despite a 30 minute delay.

Carfield, Sealink and Grande Annee like this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by chriswiles
Don’t alert BA as they will keenly sniff out a profit making opportunity and omit the classic fry up, on which they are apparently very keen, for the shorter sectors! Or it will be dumbed down a la QF where basically the same meal tray is now served for a one hour flight MEL-SYD as a five hour flight BNE-PER.
ozflier likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
To be honest, that is stretching things a bit: both are actually covered by the French "macaron" which covers both types (with the same word) but in two different traditions (effectively, the one you refer to as "macaron" here is the 19th century bourgeois patisserie version, but the one you refer to as "macaroon" has just the same name and was already widespread in the 17th century in the French southwest with near Eastern origins from the Middle Ages and which also travelled to Italy as "maccherone" and France as "macarons" during the Enlightenment.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA
Originally Posted by orbitmic
To be honest, that is stretching things a bit: both are actually covered by the French "macaron" which covers both types (with the same word) but in two different traditions (effectively, the one you refer to as "macaron" here is the 19th century bourgeois patisserie version, but the one you refer to as "macaroon" has just the same name and was already widespread in the 17th century in the French southwest with near Eastern origins from the Middle Ages and which also travelled to Italy as "maccherone" and France as "macarons" during the Enlightenment.
In the English language they are spelled differently, and since the rest of the post I responded to is in English, I assumed that's the spelling we should go with.
Like you say, the French call both types "macaron," but I have yet to see any language using "macaroon" for the flat, almond flour-based cookies with filling between them.

Last edited by Peter Snijder; Sep 6, 2022 at 4:12 pm
Old Sep 6, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
In the English language they are spelled differently, and since the rest of the post I responded to is in English, I assumed that's the spelling we should go with.
Like you say, the French call both types "macaron," but I have yet to see any language using "macaroon" for the flat, almond-based cookies with filling between them.
Aaah childhood memories.

Invoking English kitchen goddess Delia - a macaroon is a flat, almondy biscuit with rice paper on the bottom. I do remember them from baker's shops in my childhood, where they may have had desiccated coconut in them rather than almond, and half a glance cherry decorating the centre. I do love them. Here's her recipe, hope you can all access it:
https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/...ench/macaroons

The more recently popular (in the UK) macaron, is a lovely pair of meringue like confections with a cream filling in-between.
Peter Snijder likes this.

Last edited by camdentown; Sep 6, 2022 at 4:11 pm Reason: spelling
Old Sep 6, 2022, 11:25 pm

Like you say, the French call both types "macaron," but I have yet to see any language using "macaroon" for the flat, almond flour-based cookies with filling between them.
i don’t want to go too OT, but actually, in London, I see then very frequently described as macaroons (or sometimes « French macaroons »). I wonder if the differentiation you point out might be more of a US thing?
Old Sep 7, 2022, 3:34 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Mrs Crimble’s coconut macaroons are most definitely a British thing as opposed to the meringue based almond confection displayed in the photo.

That said I think macaroon is the literal translation of macaron
Old Sep 9, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
LHR - SOF today, a herb and ricotta omelette. It was OK, about as flavourful as you can expect from the ingredients, not very. Unfortunately the CC put the hot dish on top of the butter pat so the tray was covered in melted butter. No menus.

Carfield, Sealink, KARFA and 2 others like this.

Last edited by choosethedrew; Sep 9, 2022 at 5:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.