Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Those two meals look decimated. 😮
Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by flatlander
KEF-LHR, August 2022. Mid-morning (10:15 departure) flight so we had proper meals. No menus were offered, instead the crew told us the choices. We were about 3/4 of the way back in the Club cabin but all choices were still available. These choices were:
  • Beef cheeks with mash
  • Vegetable tagine
  • A chicken salad
I chose the beef cheeks. The beef was good, the vegetables were rather soft, the mash tasted quite good (better than it looked - for some reason it looked yellow-grey on the surface, but there as nothing wrong with it). Ms Flatlander has the tagine and pronounced it good.

This was served with a salad of, I think, chicory and salad leaves with dressing - surprisingly good. Dessert was a mango sauce and mousse pot of some sort - perfectly acceptable. I don't like cheese so I can't comment on it.

Overall, a nice lunch.

Beef cheeks with mash.

Vegetable tagine.
Nice. Doing this in March, assuming no cancellations.

Also, another win for Do & Co's crunchy, slightly mustardy salads. Something about 'em...
Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Those mystery nutri-grain bars are pretty good - soft, fruit-filled, slightly moist, rather like a piece of heavy fruit cake. They're not nearly the "compacted birdseed" that the labelling might make you think.
I just find them cloyingly sweet. The texture is actually OK as you say.
bafan likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Can I help you
As a doyen of the finest galleys in the sky, can you shed any light on why it’s the case that on a sizeable number of BA flights, the meals are nuked into oblivion and then you get some flights where it’s evident someone cares and the food can look quite good? With the carbonised and crusty version pictured, is this cooked precisely to the instructions, or has it just seen too long in the oven?
Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Crews love to cook food too early and instead cooking the food to be ready just when you need it will keep giving it blasts of heat and letting the food sit in a warm oven and steam.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:51 pm

Crews love to cook food too early and instead cooking the food to be ready just when you need it will keep giving it blasts of heat and letting the food sit in a warm oven and steam.
That is a shame and an issue I see on BA more than most.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Inexperienced and fear I’m afraid.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by smokie36
Was the full English for many years so disappointing really.
yet more cost cutting (YouTube vloggers noting recently how hot English brekkie was standard for second meal on Caribbean routes in economy, now stale ham roll) and underlines how BA knows it can get away with it due to lack of effective choice and competition on some routes.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
My beef was probably rather over-done - the beef part was OK, the vegetables were definitely over-done. Ms Flatlander said her tagine was good. Tagines are cooked a long time until soft, so the state it was in is not a bad thing.

The meal service wasn't overly speedy at the start. That's not a problem on a 2h45m sector, but if the meals went in shortly after seatbelt signs went off then indeed they could have been warming for a while.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
yet more cost cutting (YouTube vloggers noting recently how hot English brekkie was standard for second meal on Caribbean routes in economy, now stale ham roll) and underlines how BA knows it can get away with it due to lack of effective choice and competition on some routes.
I can’t believe I got a full English on my NCL - LHR in CE but some awful panini on an overnight Club World flight as breakfast. I was planning on just getting breakfast in the lounge awaiting my connection back up to NCL but even worse we were delayed so it was lunch time in the lounge too!
bafan and Dicksbits like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:28 pm

Inexperienced and fear I’m afraid.
Really? Surely at 18 most people have got the hang of reheating a ready meal?! Or am I ageing myself horribly there.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:18 pm

'ChooseTheDrew', I didn't realise you were 18.

Batch reheating food with limited equipment (and space) seems to require more skill than heating a microwave 'ping'. Even warming up homemade food (in a microwave) for several people requires juggling to get everything at a perfect temperature and keep the consistency right. Staff have to be trained, supervised and managed to care about what they serve. Again, BA's inconsistencies suggest something is severely lacking.
jamiel and bafan like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:31 pm

Programs: BAEC
That's what I'm trying to say: these aren't cereal bars.
Essentially processed sugar in bar form, masquerading as a healthy option.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: BAEC
My beef was probably rather over-done - the beef part was OK, the vegetables were definitely over-done. Ms Flatlander said her tagine was good. Tagines are cooked a long time until soft, so the state it was in is not a bad thing.

The meal service wasn't overly speedy at the start. That's not a problem on a 2h45m sector, but if the meals went in shortly after seatbelt signs went off then indeed they could have been warming for a while.
The ovens were probably on before take off…
Can I help you and AnaTravel like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 4:36 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
EFL-LHR 30/08/2022 Band 4 Rest of the day

On this flight, it started off feeling like it was going to be a crew that were just going through the motions, definitely nothing like the outbound crew.

Menus were distributed after take off at the start of the bar service. No Tanqueray, so had to make do with Aviation instead. They also ran out of the Sauvignon Blanc before the meal service had started.

We were sat in rows 5 & 6, and they’d run out of the beef cheeks just as they got to Mr TL in row 6 so he had the chicken salad, which was passable. 8 full rows of CE, so some disappointment at the back

I did like the starter, so much so that I did a swap of my dessert for teenager #2’s starter as well.

The Beef cheeks were tasty and melt in the mouth. The Potato gratin sadly was more like slop, you couldn’t even describe it as a decent mash. The veg was acceptable, although I couldn’t find the chimichuri.

Teenager #2 liked my dessert so a thumbs up on that front. The cheese was quite disappointing as well. The Camembert (much like the Brie on the outbound) was too young and the Croxton Manor was OK.

The crew seemed in a hurry to get the bar out of the way, giving out 2 of everything, so they could keep the service to a minimum. It definitely felt like they just wanted to get home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.