Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Frankly, if a special meal is ordered, then the special meal should be served whether the passenger likes the look of it or not. If they do not care for the look of it then they would have to wait until everyone else was served and then see what, if anything, was left. Imagine if someone else took a special meal that someone had specifically ordered for whatever reason. That passenger would be hopping mad and I would not blame them. Gluten intolerance comes immediately to mind. Had I been the crew member I would not have permitted any substitution - that is what you ordered - that is what you get.
I agree with you. Also, are they now carrying spare meals to accommodate this kind of pickiness or would somebody else be stuck with the special meals?
PUCCI GALORE, abraxias and SxMan like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 12:34 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
AVML to Jersey this evening.

GOTBound likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by volar
I agree with you. Also, are they now carrying spare meals to accommodate this kind of pickiness or would somebody else be stuck with the special meals?
There’s usually at least one person who declines.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 5:22 pm

Ba 1383 man-lhr 04/19/2022

April 2022
British Airways Club Europe
BA 1383 Manchester to London Heathrow 12:30pm Departure

Lunch
Choice of
Tapas Platter – Sausage roll, sliced meat, cheese, cherry tomatoes, pickle, and some kind of jam, accompanied by another antipasto starter – sundried tomato, olives, and more cheese cubes, choice of white or brown rolls, and DO & CO chocolate mousse

A nice lunch for a 39 minutes flight!

Old Apr 29, 2022, 5:37 pm

BA 464 LHR-MAD April 2022

April 2022
BA 464 London Heathrow to Madrid 4:35pm departure

Beverage with packaged snack mix

Dinner
Choices of Chicken Supreme with roasted vegetables in a cream sauce, or Linguine or Salmon Salad, Long bean salad, Cheese (Brie & Cheddar) with chutney & sourdough crackers, and DO & CO strawberry mousse, and freshly baked breads – white and brown rolls

Old Apr 29, 2022, 5:52 pm

BA 459 MAD-LHR April 2022

April 2022
BA 459 Madrid to London Heathrow 12:10pm Departure

Choice of Beef Cheek Shepherd Pie, Vegetarian Tagine or Coronation chicken salad, Celery root coleslaw starter, cheese – Brie & Comte with Raisin chutney & sourdough crackers, and Do & CO’s Mango Passion Fruit dessert

Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:19 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Very new to BA haven't flown them for over 5 years. Is Zurich and Frankfurt band 1 or 2 and where can you find out what you get for each band? Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2022, 1:23 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Frankly, if a special meal is ordered, then the special meal should be served whether the passenger likes the look of it or not. If they do not care for the look of it then they would have to wait until everyone else was served and then see what, if anything, was left. Imagine if someone else took a special meal that someone had specifically ordered for whatever reason. That passenger would be hopping mad and I would not blame them. Gluten intolerance comes immediately to mind. Had I been the crew member I would not have permitted any substitution - that is what you ordered - that is what you get.
Apologies, I missed a word! The Kosher meals arrived all FROZEN and would have been completely inedible! That's why they switched
Old Apr 30, 2022, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by wtcmor
Very new to BA haven't flown them for over 5 years. Is Zurich and Frankfurt band 1 or 2 and where can you find out what you get for each band? Thanks
This post has all the details: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30193785-post1.html
wtcmor likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 10:16 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by alex67500
Apologies, I missed a word! The Kosher meals arrived all FROZEN and would have been completely inedible! That's why they switched
Indeed. that paints quite a different picture. Thank you for letting us know.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 10:24 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Carfield
April 2022
BA 459 Madrid to London Heathrow 12:10pm Departure

Choice of Beef Cheek Shepherd Pie, Vegetarian Tagine or Coronation chicken salad, Celery root coleslaw starter, cheese – Brie & Comte with Raisin chutney & sourdough crackers, and Do & CO’s Mango Passion Fruit dessert
Snap! (Excuse pun). I thought that the beef cheeks were a bit ugly, highly unphotogenic and absolutely delicious. The cheese was mature and the starter was so good that I’m trying to duplicate it at home. The Champagne was in big bottles, thank God and the gin offerings were Tanqueray and Aviator. The red Primitivo must have been aged or something as it is now quite pleasant. Pre-Covid it was Primitivo by name and Primitivo by nature.

Cognac has gone. It is not on the menu. Sadly that revoltingly sweet creamy Irish Coffee wannabes is. Never mind. You cannot win them all.

Old Apr 30, 2022, 11:24 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Cognac has gone. It is not on the menu.
It was indeed missing on my menu in CW earlier this week. But, a request for one was successful, much like the crème de casis for my Kir Royale that wasn't on the menu. I'm not sure what the Cognac was, but it went very nicely after the tiramisu. Ah, the mysteries of the Club World bar.
SxMan likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by greg5
It was indeed missing on my menu in CW earlier this week. But, a request for one was successful, much like the crème de casis for my Kir Royale that wasn't on the menu. I'm not sure what the Cognac was, but it went very nicely after the tiramisu. Ah, the mysteries of the Club World bar.
Maybe they're running down the stocks so don't want to disappoint people by saying it is available when it should not be, but you might get lucky....for a while.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 2:05 pm

Cognac remains available as usual in Club World. But this thread is about Club Europe, where it is no longer loaded.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 9:51 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by abraxias
Maybe they're running down the stocks so don't want to disappoint people by saying it is available when it should not be, but you might get lucky....for a while.
Could be, but Kir Royale has been off the menu for quite some time, and I always seem to be able to get one. I think there are other things that have been off the menu as well, but are still around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.