Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I had what I would describe as a very poor CE experience last week going to Oslo.

The seat belt sign went off after take off and the curtain was drawn at the front. Some 20 minutes later the food trolley came out and my immediate thought was ‘why no drink first’?. The choice was quinoa salad or prawn salad and the starter turned out to be quinoa salad!

Half way through my meagre prawn salad the second member of cabin crew appeared (no idea what she’d been doing all that time) and I was asked what drink I wanted. Both me and and my friend and I asked for a BrewDog beer. Two small glasses arrived and she proudly announced “I’ve shared a can between you, let me know when you want more”. She then had another seven rows to serve so the likelihood of me getting more when I wanted it was obviously slim. I’d finished my 165ml glass of beer fairly quickly and had to wait another 30 minutes before my second 165ml glass of beer turned up. I managed to ask for a third drink before landing and on this occasion I was given the can along with “why don’t you share it yourself”.

I noticed that the people in 1D&F had coffee served in a paper cup rather than China, all very premium.

Contrast that to my journey back on the early flight today where the service was excellent. Drink served first, top up when breakfast was served and plenty of further top ups offered.
Old May 9, 2022, 11:24 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
I had what I would describe as a very poor CE experience last week going to Oslo.
The choice was quinoa salad or prawn salad and the starter turned out to be quinoa salad!
I also 'enjoyed' the prawn salad with the quinoa starter on the outbound - the crew, to their credit, did also offer crisps from ET to go with it, along with a second salad to anybody that wanted one (it looked like there were some no-shows).

BA should really re-think Oslo's catering band - a tiny salad is not appropriate for that flight, especially as Stockholm, just a few minutes further, gets a full hot meal.
MaxFlyer, bafan and BerksFlyer like this.
Old May 9, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lon_flyer
I also 'enjoyed' the prawn salad with the quinoa starter on the outbound - the crew, to their credit, did also offer crisps from ET to go with it, along with a second salad to anybody that wanted one (it looked like there were some no-shows).

BA should really re-think Oslo's catering band - a tiny salad is not appropriate for that flight, especially as Stockholm, just a few minutes further, gets a full hot meal.
But you also have the chance to eat the in the lounge....how much food do you need in a 3/4 hour window?
Old May 10, 2022, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by plaintalk
Thank you! Any idea what a GF meal on BA looks like?

Had a similar thought, but recently ordered a GF meal on a LH-group flight to avoid the bread and ended up getting a sandwich on a terrible GF bread roll.
I had a GF meal at this time LHR-MUC in early March and it was gluten free sandwiches I'm afraid!
Old May 10, 2022, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Picking up on one of the above posts, I also got served tea in a paper cup the other day in CE- very odd. Service was decent though, better than most recent BA CE experiences. Is the paper cup a new enhancement?
Old May 10, 2022, 2:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
There are supply issues for the normal CE cups, so there have been paper cups used for the last few weeks.
Old May 10, 2022, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
But you also have the chance to eat the in the lounge....how much food do you need in a 3/4 hour window?
Assuming you have time to eat in the lounge, which I rarely do. BA advertise a meal, so they should serve one. I don't know whether you've seen the salad in question but suffice to say the presentation is doing a lot of heavy lifting for its lack of substance.
Old May 10, 2022, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by lon_flyer
Assuming you have time to eat in the lounge, which I rarely do. BA advertise a meal, so they should serve one. I don't know whether you've seen the salad in question but suffice to say the presentation is doing a lot of heavy lifting for its lack of substance.
This salad? Seems fairly substantial to me. The problem is there will always be these cutoffs where we go from one band to another in catering terms, and usually everyone flying to the shorter route will always complain.

Tobias-UK and TedToToe like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 4:35 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
There are supply issues for the normal CE cups, so there have been paper cups used for the last few weeks.
I don't understand the supply issue. The cups were there before and supplied to the aircraft so what's changed to cause a supply issue? Have hundreds of cups been destroyed/lost? Is there a cleaning issue?
I'm not a logistics expert so apologies if the question is basic.
Old May 10, 2022, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I don't understand the supply issue. The cups were there before and supplied to the aircraft so what's changed to cause a supply issue? Have hundreds of cups been destroyed/lost? Is there a cleaning issue?
I'm not a logistics expert so apologies if the question is basic.
i don’t know much more either tbh - other than there are not a enough cups available atm so we have paper ones.
Old May 10, 2022, 5:27 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by KARFA
This salad? Seems fairly substantial to me. The problem is there will always be these cutoffs where we go from one band to another in catering terms, and usually everyone flying to the shorter route will always complain.

3 prawns and an eighth of an egg does not make a salad ‘substantial’ in my book…
Old May 10, 2022, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by bafan
3 prawns and an eighth of an egg does not make a salad ‘substantial’ in my book…
there seems to be more on that tray than three prawns and an eighth of an egg though.
PGberkshire likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 5:54 am

Three prawns, an eighth of an egg, two cherry tomatoes, two shredded lettuce leaves, half a mushroom, two olives, and a third of a stick of charred asparagus. I suppose whether it's substantial is subjective, but certainly my five year old eats more than that for her lunch. For me, as a meal served at dinner, it was far from substantial, and judging by the unprompted apologetic nature of the FAs, they found it lacking too.
bafan likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
It is subjective but I certainly felt underwhelmed, and this was probably highlighted by the poor way in which the drinks were delivered. If I’d asked for the quinoa salad and got it for both starter and main I’d have been even less happy.

I’d tend to agree that with those who feel it’s inadequate for a flight like Oslo. It feels like a domestic/very short hop (AMS/CDG) type of offering.

I had no issue with the breakfast service though.
lon_flyer and KARFA like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold
Breakfast this morning on BA800.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; May 15, 2022 at 1:14 pm Reason: Fix image orientation issue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.