Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2022, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
NCL-LHR "rest of the day" menu card.

Someone had kindly left the northbound menu in the front seat pocket so this would have been LHR to NCL, "rest of the day":
Are menus on Express / Band 1 / Band 2 sectors now a thing?
Old May 22, 2022, 3:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Brunch from AMS to LHR. Choice was a cold meat plate or this warm cheese & tomato sandwich.

adrianlondon likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 3:25 am
formerly JackDann

And this is the Green Goddess salad.

Someone had kindly left the northbound menu in the front seat pocket so this would have been LHR to NCL, "rest of the day":

Had the same Salad or Salad option menu to BHD the other day. Had 2 Heineken instead.

I probably should have had a look at the onboard menu to see what was available to purchase, although probably not much more interesting!
Old May 22, 2022, 4:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Genius1
They are as of about a week ago, but some crew seem unaware of the new menu cards, and other crew prefer to run the trolley through and just show people the options.
Genius1, KARFA and JD1905 like this.
Old May 22, 2022, 4:12 am
formerly JackDann

They are as of about a week ago, but some crew seem unaware of the new menu cards, and other crew prefer to run the trolley through and just show people the options.
I quite liked getting a menu card and being able to have some time to decide if I wanted what was on offer, rather than setting myself up to be disappointed that all that is on offer is salad when the crew come down.
Genius1 likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 1:26 pm

KSML on a southbound domestic from EDI on Friday.

I think this may be my last KSML for a while as I seem to keep drawing the same dishes - all six times I’ve booked a KSML recently it’s been this and whilst there is nothing wrong with it I feel it’s now getting monotonous. Nothing wrong with it and the quality is decent it just needs variety.

Hindu booked next week for a change.
Old May 22, 2022, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
i assume they have to be in order for BA to comply with calorie labelling regulations which have recently come into force
Old May 22, 2022, 1:31 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Menu this afternoon heading to NCL, and this is the coronation chicken salad.

Old May 22, 2022, 2:08 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by KARFA
Menu this afternoon heading to NCL, and this is the coronation chicken salad.

Thanks! Now we know what the 'mystery salad' is. Beetroot hummus and spiced aubergine.
Old May 22, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA Exec - BA GGL/CCR, UA Premier Platinum
The Espresso mascarpone mousse is a new favourite in my book
MaxFlyer and capetown2k like this.
Old May 22, 2022, 11:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SAA Voyager
PMI-LGW 23 May 2022
21:20 departure
BA2569 (operated by Iberia Express on behalf of BA)

A modified ploughman’s to the outbound, the sausage roll slice wasn’t good but the rest was ok

No menu cards but crew (who were really lovely) handed out their catering sheet which summarised each dish

alternative was some sort of vegetarian salad

adrianlondon, Tobias-UK and volar like this.
Old May 23, 2022, 3:38 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum

680 to IST on Sat. Service started without menus - as on all my last 10-15 returns in CE. Very kindly asked if there were menus onboard so the IFM handed them over to all passengers. Is it so difficult to hand them out proactively - on a 3:30hrs flight?

Not really inviting but tasteful.

Best part of the meal 😊
GlasgowBlue and abraxias like this.
Old May 23, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
BA491 GIB-LHR

No menu cards given but I believe from up thread this is Buttermilk chicken with sweetcorn mash.

The crew commented on clearing in in response to seeing an untouched starter that come of these combinations are embarrassing to offer. Not sure which chef looked at the bowl and thought, you know what this needs, some brocoli.

As for the chicken, not the best, quite tough.

abraxias likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 5:27 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold

And this is the Green Goddess salad.

That had an entire half an egg!
bafan likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 5:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ermis177
Oh no… the panini is back?! And this time half of it?!
My thoughts too. Oh do you remember the smell of them 'baking'? Urgh.
choosethedrew and ermis177 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.