Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JackDann
Only 1 Crew in CE on Friday from BHD-LHR, but the number of rows was kept down to 4. Still felt a little sorry for them having to do the entire service single handed though. Even with a small CE Cabin i've seen multiple crew struggle to get through the service in time.

Obviously it was just the usual choice of Salad or Salad on this 1 Hour flight. I do wish they'd bring back the cooked breakfast.
I thought the cooked breakfast is back for domestic flights (except MAN and JER)?

e.g. this from NCL https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34180340-post245.html
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:57 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by KARFA
I thought the cooked breakfast is back for domestic flights (except MAN and JER)?

e.g. this from NCL https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34180340-post245.html
Nice, I’ve done at least a couple of Morning CE flights since that post in April and have yet to see a cooked breakfast from BHD to LHR.

I got a menu one evening recently but that was a one off. I think quite a few things are hit and miss (Not that a menu matters, although was a nice touch). Especially when you’re flying from BHD
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:24 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Nice, I’ve done at least a couple of Morning CE flights since that post in April and have yet to see a cooked breakfast from BHD to LHR.

I got a menu one evening recently but that was a one off. I think quite a few things are hit and miss (Not that a menu matters, although was a nice touch). Especially when you’re flying from BHD
What were you served for breakfast?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR

I got a menu last night with BA by Finnair last night on the way to BUD from LHR. But not on the way back this evening. Same plane, same crew as well.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
What were you served for breakfast?
Classic BA breakfast (Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Mushroom, Tomato) was served in CE from Zurich to LHR early last Thursday.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:40 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

AMS-LHR

Hi,

Here's the meal on this delayed flight from AMS-LHR (lots of flights were delayed due to the ongoing security lines at AMS, even on this Tuesday afternoon)
Inflight service was ok, I've had better ones. Also first time trying the Aviator gin which I quite like, smooth and soft.
- one strange thing , there was 2 older (most probably Latin American ladies) seated in the first row of Y, which seemed to have encountered some issues, they only spoke Spanish and luckily the CSM spoke it and went often to them and they even were using BA's phone (from the CSM). I suspect them missing their connection in LHR. They were given a meal too later in flight.

Options were, this beef salade or an veg. option - Tofu and rice (which my travel partner took and it was not too bad it seems).
The beef salad was not too bad, the beef being not too stringy and soft.

Cheers!
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
BA518 LHR-LIS, June 2022

No pre-dinner drinks run, champagne served from full bottles and no proactive top ups offered. I was in 1F and had to hit the call button to get a refill. Staff just very agnostic to passengers, a bit disappointing. Took them about 1.5 hours to serve dinner to the whole cabin, about 6 rows of CE. Food was tasty enough but the chicken needed some kind of starch like potato or rice. A lot of sauce. Don't see anyone else having this recently but was tasty enough.

Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by lcylocal
LGW-DLM

Best CE flight I’ve had for a while. Crew did a great job with pre-dinner drinks run then menus, followed by food and plenty of drinks offerred afterwards. Pleased to see the blue Wensleydale on the menu. Flight was lightly loaded in both CE and ET (30%).

Only thing I can fault BA for is the state of G-MIDO - lots of Speed Tape in evidence and at least one seat with broken recline.

These look DELISH!!! Omg - I wish I could tuck into this on board... but my fellow passengers would not appreciate the aftermath
JTXC and lcylocal like this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 5:29 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by peter.r.erskine
BA518 LHR-LIS, June 2022

No pre-dinner drinks run, champagne served from full bottles and no proactive top ups offered. I was in 1F and had to hit the call button to get a refill. Staff just very agnostic to passengers, a bit disappointing. Took them about 1.5 hours to serve dinner to the whole cabin, about 6 rows of CE. Food was tasty enough but the chicken needed some kind of starch like potato or rice. A lot of sauce. Don't see anyone else having this recently but was tasty enough.

That main does look good, but agree it’s a bit odd without any sort of potato…Truly, the accountants are dictating the menus…
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:49 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver

I guess I must have been lucky earlier this month BHD - LHR when offered the choice of full English or Spanish frittata on the early flight.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Any recent reports of what kind of breakfast options are served on LHR-CPH BA814 dep 0955? It’s Band 2 — would there be a vegetarian option as standard? Is the standard breakfast meat or fish or eggs and is it likely to be hot or cold?

Flight will be in mid-August so that might also be relevant if menus or service will change a lot by then.

Last edited by salut0; Jun 23, 2022 at 5:37 am
Old Jun 23, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by bafan
That main does look good, but agree it’s a bit odd without any sort of potato…Truly, the accountants are dictating the menus…
To show you can’t please all the people all the time, I think the chicken looks lovely as is. I’m not a fan of starch with everything, a bit old-fashioned and not very haute cuisine. All IMHO 🙂.
SK, simonsmith, Blenheim and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by krispy84
To show you can’t please all the people all the time, I think the chicken looks lovely as is. I’m not a fan of starch with everything, a bit old-fashioned and not very haute cuisine. All IMHO 🙂.
I'm just a bit picky with veg so didnt eat much of it apart from the chicken. I'm Irish, need a bit of potato with everything
Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver

Cod option. Band 4. The other 2 options were pasta and the salad. Very tasty meal. Starter was ok. Dessert very good. Amazing crew.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:03 am

ACE - LGW Band 4 Dinner

3 options were offered . The only appealing one was the bangers & mash . It was not the best Club Europe meal I have had but ok. Crew were good and plenty of drinks offered . The coffee was really weak though and tasteless made worse by paper cups.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.