Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:07 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by crazy8534

So, the menu tells us that the highlight-bordering signifies a “range of favourites”. Would everyone who listed their favourite meal as “Original Coronarion Cauliflower Salad, washed down with a Twinings tea” please press their call bell ?
Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA, Virgin Atlantic, Alaska, JetBlue, Marriott Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by scubadu
They weren't great, but certainly better than what you often get (if anything at all) on a 2 hour US flight today if flying during the "wrong" portion of the day (i.e. the time of day that the airline has defined as "not mealtime")
Regards
Ha, this is very true and great context! I'm probably inadvertently holding BA to a higher standard because I'm used to CW and the transition to CE can be uneven. Agree the champs is decent.

Totally, US carriers aren't great and I'm very used to sucking it up for a 5-6 hour transcon on those. Virgin America First was a notable exception, but that was revolutionary and leaned heavily on its British pedigree. Still haven't tried B6 Mint.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by joydiv
<snip>I'm used to CW and the transition to CE can be uneven. Agree the champs is decent.
Oh, totally agree. I'm US based as well and the transition from CW to CE definitely creates a "disturbance in the Force" to be sure. But to be fair, that disturbance occurs in our transition from long haul, back to domestic when we are returning to the US as well as we often have to connect to get all the way home.

Regards
Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA, Virgin Atlantic, Alaska, JetBlue, Marriott Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by scubadu
But to be fair, that disturbance occurs in our transition from long haul, back to domestic when we are returning to the US as well as we often have to connect to get all the way home.
This is true! And this end you also have to go through immigration in between
Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
So, the menu tells us that the highlight-bordering signifies a “range of favourites”. Would everyone who listed their favourite meal as “Original Coronarion Cauliflower Salad, washed down with a Twinings tea” please press their call bell ?
I ended up choosing it just to see (although only ate half due to kCal issues!!) and it was fine. But definitely not one of my repertoire of “old favourites”!

Oh and btw- the can of Diet Coke was served on board and not taken from the lounge- I swear it!
Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Setting aside the surreal ‘original / favourite’ tags (as penned by ever-imaginative menu copywriters), can this dish - essentially a side salad with ingredients worth around Ł1 - really be considered a main course ?
House guests would surely struggle to conceal disappointment and surprise if it were served up by their host as lunch or dinner.
bafan likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
That Coronation Cauliflower is a total cheap joke.
BA pull your finger out!
bmiStar, bafan, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Well, its never left the menu, just hasn't been stocked recently.
None available on my flight last night.
Cointreau remains available, although it’s not on the menu.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 8:45 am
44C

Programs: AA EXP (OW EME), Hyatt Globalist
Hot Meal Club Europe GOT>LHR Dep 20:30?

According to Wiki Band 3 so should get hot dinner but wasn't sure after Covid?
Old Oct 14, 2022, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes hot meal.
44C likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Original Coronation Cauliflower Salad
I suggest to BA's catering team that it's the "original" for a very good reason...
bafan likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 11:53 am

Am travelling LHR-VCE on the 18.50 departure next week. It's an A321 going all the way back to row 13, I have taken row 10 for the exit seats.

Any idea what the choices will be and given that there's going to be 40+ in CE whether they will run out. I'm Silver if that makes any difference.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 44C
According to Wiki Band 3 so should get hot dinner but wasn't sure after Covid?
CE catering is back to normal (which is not quite the same as pre-pandemic as brunch has gone and Band 2 routes now also get hot lunches and dinners, but as normal as it's going to get).
Old Oct 15, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
LHR-EDI

I had the Ploughman’s thing with the Scotch egg and again it was fine. Not sure sure about the kCal difference (apologies, current obsession) between the 2 mains- can it all be accounted for by a really heavy dressing or something?

Old Oct 15, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
They have obviously now done away with the starter on Band 1 routes but have they done away with the bread basket too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.