Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2022, 1:08 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Why?

Do they now have calorie numbers displayed on the bar as well?
it comes in handy for those who are on diet and need not to go above a certain amount of calories per day.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 1:32 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by BA6948
it comes in handy for those who are on diet and need not to go above a certain amount of calories per day.
I think the point here is the irony in the fact that despite UK law now requiring calorific values to be on CE menus, your typical CE customer is chugging back multiple times those calories in alcohol ….
Old Oct 6, 2022, 1:48 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by BA6948
I see. I’ve always been more concerned about what I’m actually concerned about what I eat rather than how many calories it contains. Still, I suppose it’s the law so there it is.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 6:49 am

Lucked out with the menus and food for our recent flight to Warsaw and back...

Outbound from LHR we were given menus and I went for the cod while my partner went for the mac and cheese:

Both tasted much better than they looked and the services was great, with plenty of gin flowing ensuring I never had an empty glass! The coffee desert was excellent too, with my partner cheekily asking for seconds from the crew (a request they were very happy to oblige with)

On the return flight, we did not recieve menu cards however the option was the Tikka Massala, Pasta and Prawn Cocktail menu. I had the curry while my partner chose the pasta -

Could not fault the curry at all, was very enjoyable and the portion was very reasonable. The pasta apparently was great too apparently, it certainly didn't hang around thats for sure haha.
On this flight though the crew were absolutely exceptional - and with just 4 rows in the cabin felt even more personal; bringing our meals from the galley uncovered.
After the crew learned of me and my partners recent engagement, towards the end of the flight we were approached by them with a small surprise:

Completely took us by surprise and was such a lovely gesture from them! Was a great end to our trip away thats for sure.
Overall I have to rate my experience with Club Europe very highly on both journeys - I know there's a lot of room for improvement, but when BA is good, they can still be really good and both the crew on this flight really show that.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
BA491 1520 Gibraltar - Heathrow 04/10/22.

Cous Cous (?) and tomato starter with a sour cream(?) base, Chicken tikka and rice main. Lovely chocolate mousse for desert, with cheddar and brie cheese and a very sweet chutney (more akin to mincemeat out of a mince pie!) with sourdough crackers. Warm bread roll.

No Brewdog though, they only had 4 cans loaded and used gave them out on the outbound.

8/10 food. 10/10 service.
This is exactly what I had on 4th from WAW - LHR BA847

Last edited by LouiseG; Oct 6, 2022 at 7:45 am Reason: Removing photo
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by StuMcGrew
I can’t imagine how much waste there is across the whole operation. Surely having a system of ordering beforehand would be much more beneficial. Knowing the menu beforehand also gives people an option of having food in the lounge or not.
You'd think that would be wise idea, as they can load accordingly. On the same flight a couple of people ordered special meals which were served (righty) before the regular meals.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Monday night NCE LHR

Tikka was very tasty, decent spice. The crew were so friendly and very proactive with drinks and any other requirements. I’d had pasta a couple of weeks ago so passed. Third option was a prawn salad (aka a prawn cocktail)

Sealink and TarquinMontague like this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Shame about the lids and foil.
bafan likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Both outbound and return this was the case - thought it might be standard for this banding
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not for any banding!
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I never got any Naan bread with my Tikka Masala on GIB-LHR Tuesday!
Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:42 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
This was our offering ALC-LGW today. I think that that this destination has gone from Band 3 to Band 2. This may explain why menus are not aboard. Not the the cheese has gone and there is a nasty little pot of chocolate-y goo. It was horrid and I left it.

The choices were Thai Beef Curry x which was delicious and Butternut Ravioli. The crew served 30 people efficiently and in a friendly mannerThe Champagne was in small bottles.
Nevertheless I think that the bands may have changed.China mugs are back.

Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ALC is Band 2, I do not know if it was previously Band 3.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The foil was left on mine on the way back from SOF on Tuesday too. The Tikka Masala has a double layer of foil, with the first layer covering the main dish, and a second layer with the paratha underneath, which might explain why some crews are opting not to take the foil off.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
I never got any Naan bread with my Tikka Masala on GIB-LHR Tuesday!
Its nestled between the two foils - remove one - find bread - remove second layer - find dinner

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.