Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Prawn curry SOF - LHR, I feel like we’ve seen it a million times before but I thought I should do my bit and post. It was nice but no heat as such and could have done with some veg to make it more of a balanced meal.

Same crew obviously. No menus. Other options were tomato pasta or roast beef salad, unsurprisingly.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle

GFML GOT-LHR, last night [9th of September].
Gluten free bread replaced by gluten free oat crackers.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: Some
Had the seemingly quite rare hot harissa and halloumi wrap for brunch today (LHR-PMI). Too many onions in it, but otherwise nice to have a hot brunch option and the halloumi is decent. I also like the move from cheap cut fruit to berries and hope this sticks.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 2:40 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards

Textured menu

Blurb

Food menu

Drinks

Pre dinner G&T

Prawn Curry tray

Close up prawn curry

Holiday destination Kefalonia gets the same treatment as other long sector European flights.

8 rows of CE that were full, infact overfull as there was a toddler here as well. Despite logging on 5 mins after the flight opened to book seats there was no choice and we were separated across the aisle in the last row. No great hardship. We had menus, well they were one short by the time they got to our row, so we shared much to the relief of the crew.

I tried the Aviator gin, It was ok. Lidl's gin is tastier though.

Surprised that when the trolley came to our (last) row, we all got our first choices. The beef had gone, but it was 3 prawn curries and 1 pasta that was requested. The pasta looked good but it was mostly left by the pax in the window seat. I enjoyed the prawn curry. I could have done with one or two more prawns on the platter. The pea mousseline was green air and the chocolate mousse brown air. It's a bit sad that the celebration of British cheeses consisted of 2. Two pieces are fine, but it's hardly a celebration. I love sourdough bread, but the sourdough crackers didn't win me over. I had to check that there were no stones in the olive bread as it was that hard. Maybe sliced bread from a basket like Qantas does (did?).

After a week of overeating, it was fine. The prawn curry is good and I'd almost like them to drop the starter/salad and make the curry plate bigger. And a nice cake to finish please!
Old Sep 10, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Duplicate Post

Last edited by dddc; Sep 10, 2022 at 5:24 pm
Old Sep 12, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
LHR-NCE on 9 September (2100 departure, delayed until after 2200)

Described as a Prawn Salad, was basically a slightly fancier prawn cocktail. The prawns were juicy and tasted good, the rest was pretty overpowered by the Marie Rose sauce.
The dessert was very runny rather than set, maybe as a result of having been sat somewhere without much refrigeration for too long.

Should have added, drinks were offered with the meal. Request for G&T was met with 2x miniatures + 2x cans of tonic. I may have asked for one more when they were doing the tea/coffee round and was swiftly handed another 2 of each... I was given some looks that could kill from my OH, but thankfully the wedding isn't off!
Attached Images  

Last edited by pythonisman; Sep 12, 2022 at 5:44 am
Old Sep 12, 2022, 5:41 am

Last night's NCE-LHR
1740 departure, delayed nearly 2hrs due to missing our arrival slot. Boarding took nearly an hour thanks to needing to gate check about half the plane's carry-on when almost everyone ignored the crew requesting small bags be placed under seats...

Choices were between either a "Beef or Tofu Salad". After seeing the poké plates loaded, went for that and wasn't disappointed. The beef choice was the same as posted upthread recently: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34587839-post1082.html

Forgive me needing to chill the wine - it'd gone warm while sat on the ground. Desperate times and all that!

Single drink offered with the meal, no offers of refills at any point with the crew spending most of their free time in the galley chatting about how gutted they were to be taken off their onward ABZ that night due to the delay.

I was able to get a cup of tea by getting up and asking, though.
Attached Images  
Sealink, AAL2887 and HomeOrAway like this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by pythonisman
Last night's NCE-LHR
1740 departure, delayed nearly 2hrs due to missing our arrival slot. Boarding took nearly an hour thanks to needing to gate check about half the plane's carry-on when almost everyone ignored the crew requesting small bags be placed under seats...

Choices were between either a "Beef or Tofu Salad". After seeing the poké plates loaded, went for that and wasn't disappointed. The beef choice was the same as posted upthread recently: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34587839-post1082.html

Forgive me needing to chill the wine - it'd gone warm while sat on the ground. Desperate times and all that!

Single drink offered with the meal, no offers of refills at any point with the crew spending most of their free time in the galley chatting about how gutted they were to be taken off their onward ABZ that night due to the delay.

I was able to get a cup of tea by getting up and asking, though.
Has the salmon been "enhanced" away from the Poke Bowl, or is this a variation?

Shame about your crew.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by BA850
Has the salmon been "enhanced" away from the Poke Bowl, or is this a variation?

Shame about your crew.
I believe it's a variation, on some flights it's the non-veg option, but with ours it was the veg alternative alongside the beef.
I am 50/50 on smoked salmon so was fine with taking the tofu alternative tbh.
TedToToe and BA850 like this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 8:08 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AAL2887
BA 460 LHR - MAD today - can't stress how much of a delight the salmon is despite being around for a few months now (even better with champagne obviously)!
I love this plate - when I had it it had tofu which worked really well too.
pythonisman and TedToToe like this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
sept 9 ATH-LHR 1025am departure. was told because it was a nightstop, thats why everything is...smaller.

pretty pathetic offering on this route that the stick you with the smaller half-tray and the main was even smaller to fit. plus the chocolate bar dessert was places against the hot main meaning you were left with a very melted bar of chocolate. great cheese selection too--i can see why they didnt bother with menus on this leg.

SK, Sealink, 86BA7 and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 3:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
BA815 CPH-LHR 13:55 departure
Not sure of the exact description but basically roast beef with potato salad.

HomeOrAway likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by FallOfTheWall
BA815 CPH-LHR 13:55 departure
Not sure of the exact description but basically roast beef with potato salad.
Yours looks much better than the version we got on our GLA to LHR trip - pic in post 1059. It’s amazing how the same dish can vary so much.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 5:45 pm

Interesting the menu still says Tanqueray gin, I’ve requested it on several flights recently (6) and each time they’ve offered me Aviation or Gordons instead... Will see if it is the same this week. First world problems, eh!

Last edited by HomeOrAway; Sep 12, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Old Sep 12, 2022, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by HomeOrAway
Interesting the menu still says Tanqueray gin, I’ve requested it on several flights recently (6) and each time they’ve offered me Aviation or Gordons instead... Will see if it is the same this week. First world problems, eh!
Same. I've always been offered Aviation or Gordons, but would prefer Tanqueray.

Still find it interesting how CE service differs so widely. Some crews are very pro-active with top-ups and drinks, others just do not want to know beyond serving the main meal.
AAL2887 and HomeOrAway like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.