Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I also like the move from cheap cut fruit to berries and hope this sticks.
Erm, it didn’t. Same flight today and the berries are gone, replaced with a small portion of pineapple that was starting to go brown. Fortunately I wasn’t really hungry, I will put it down to the caterers being in mourning…

Sealink likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 11:13 pm

I think they dust the pineapple with cinnamon
Old Sep 18, 2022, 1:47 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Yeoman5
I think they dust the pineapple with cinnamon
Perhaps, but this was that sort of improperly refrigerated brown where it starts to go a bit slimy as well.

P.S. The current berry Bircher muesli thing is nice at least.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 2:24 am
Suspended

LHR-GVA BA 738 16 Sept. 2022

Curried Chicken Salad
dddc, Sealink and flybymonkey like this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by champignon
LHR-GVA BA 738 16 Sept. 2022

Curried Chicken Salad
That looks nice, and well-presented too. I'll take that any day.
flybymonkey likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 4:17 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by TedToToe
Horses for courses. 10+ rows of CE today and rarely have I seen it less than 8.
Exactly. The other thing is to mention that for all their fancy aircraft on the route Turkish are way more expensive than BA. I did a comparison 18 Nov - 25 Nov. Tk wanted £801 compared with BAs £516. I’ll stick with Beef Cheeks and Champagne in a tarted up Economy seat thanks. Clearly plenty of people think the same.
Sealink and TedToToe like this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 1:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Silver
LHRBCN 13/09 - the afternoon tea featuring a Victoria sponge with almost an inch of cream and a scone with clotted cream! Delicious but really not that good for you...

BCNLHR 18/09 - due to disruption and the gamble of staff travel I ended up on a much later flight but the benefit was I ended up in Club. Potato and egg salad which was actually a delicious light meal. Both flights had coffee served in a paper cup so I'm guessing that the mug shortage continues 😢

dddc, Sealink and TedToToe like this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 2:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HomeOrAway
I had the veggie option - seemed like mini sweetcorn, quinoa and feta with some seeds on top. Not sure what it was any more than that, but it is was quite tasty nevertheless. Pudding had a vague coffee flavouring.
The other option was a coronation chicken salad that was posted further up the thread.
No Tanqueray
Looks like the bottom of a food waste bin.
bafan likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
LHR - GOT long weekend (Fri-Sun); had the full English out and the hot smoked salmon thing coming back. Liked it, though it had that weird broccoli/'red stuff' starter - nice, but I've no idea what it was.

FEB done really well; reheating can be a fine line, and it was neither dried out nor damp, as can be the case. CSM and crew really attentive, personal greetings, more refills than I could want (the happy result of being the only person in the cabin having champagne and there being a new bottle).

Way back... liked the food, but service took a while to get going. Refills were, in fairness, also very forthcoming. But weird periods of crew gallery seclusion, and no greetings. Friendly, but not that level up you do get sometimes, and should be more consistently seen.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: BAEC
SKG-LGW 13.40 today - main was tasty but not very hot, maybe because of the hour delay. Don’t know why I got two desserts but my companion enjoyed the second one.

EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum

Band 1 dinner on 18 September. It doesn’t really look like salmon but it was, and it was also quite tasty! Great pairing with a glass of champagne.
orbitmic, JTXC, LCSinTexas and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
Band 1 dinner on 18 September. It doesn’t really look like salmon but it was, and it was also quite tasty! Great pairing with a glass of champagne.
I had the same yesterday evening and also thought it was very pleasant indeed!
EDDLEGLL likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Blue
Today's flight from SOF. Chicken ran out by row 3, which is what I had. Starter was bad, chicken wasnt really amazing, though the sauce was quite good. Crew was nice but no topups offered and not particularly chitty-chatty, which is fair enough. Also found the inbound flights' breakfast menu.
Gin was Aviation and Gordon's, so I guess no more Tanqueray!

Sealink likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Techonista

Glad you took a shot as I forgot! My BCN to LHR flight last night was delayed and was late. They serve cold salad and the crew said "we're supposed to have a chicken salad option but they've removed it and replaced it with this egg option".

I had the egg salad. To say it's very basic is an understatement. Was more like a starter for me.
AnaTravel and Techonista like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
Weird how we think this is 'dinner'. The salad is tiny. I must admit though, it's better than the egg option above I had (I should have had the salmon!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.