Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
LHR-CPH, April 2022 (Band 2, morning).
Breakfast cold plate:

I appreciate it's the lighter option. It was light indeed. The cured meats were of quite good quality.
Other options were the standard-issue fry-up or a ricotta something-or-other.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 7:57 am

CPH-LHR, May 2022 (Band 2, afternoon).
Afternoon tea:

Sandwiches were OK, and the Battenburg cake had a fruit sauce to accompany it in the bottom of the bowl.
Tobias-UK and GOTBound like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 7:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by flatlander
CPH-LHR, May 2022 (Band 2, afternoon).
Afternoon tea:

Sandwiches were OK, and the Battenburg cake had a fruit sauce to accompany it in the bottom of the bowl.
Was an alternative to the afternoon tea offered?
Old May 15, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mike Gold
LHR-BUD, May 2022, BA870 2100d
Band 3 rest of the day, KSML

Chicken stuffed with broccoli. This meal was from Passover stock!

The Kosher meals come from Frozen, so not subject to the same use by dates as the fresh meals
Old May 15, 2022, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I don't know, I'm afraid.

The conversation went something like the crew asking "Would you like to join us for afternoon tea?" and I said "Yes please, afternoon tea would be great" and I got the afternoon tea. Now, the crew are following a template of "Would you like to join us for <insert name of meal time>", but my reply probably sounded like it requested the specific "afternoon tea" meal and so I think I pre-empted any choice. So no, it wasn't offered to me, but I think I may have prevented it being offered. I was, indeed, quite willing to accept the standard afternoon tea.

English language is a tricky beast, isn't it?
Tobias-UK and LCSinTexas like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
LHR-ARN, May 2022 (Band 3, afternoon).
No menu cards were given out. The choices of main item were a cold salad (the details of which I forget), a blue cheese pasta dish (which the gentleman along the row from me told the crew was delicious), and the option I chose:

Salad of, I think, taramasalata
Cod with mashed potatoes and wilted spinach.
Cheeses and crackers.
A layered cream and chocolate dessert.

The salad was actually better than it looked - it went well as a dip for the crackers.
The cod, mash, and spinach was pretty reasonable - honestly a nice bit of fish there. The mash isn't nearly as dry or mealy as it looks - it just has an unfortunate surface appearance (that's some sort of garnish on top, but I couldn't work out what).
I don't eat cheese by choice, so I can't comment on their taste, but they looked OK.
The dessert was light and pleasant.
Bread rolls were also offered (not pictured).
Mrs. greg5 and I had the same 'salad' on my LHR-ZRH on Friday. I had to google taramasalata, and given that our meals were the vegetarian veggie quinoa salad, I have to think that it was just some sort of fancy hummus. It could have been something different, but it looks exactly the same to me. We thought it was pretty tasty, whatever it was.
Old May 15, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: BA, Virgin
LHR-ARN, May 2022 (Band 3, afternoon).
No menu cards were given out. The choices of main item were a cold salad (the details of which I forget), a blue cheese pasta dish (which the gentleman along the row from me told the crew was delicious), and the option I chose:

Salad of, I think, taramasalata
Cod with mashed potatoes and wilted spinach.
Cheeses and crackers.
A layered cream and chocolate dessert.

The salad was actually better than it looked - it went well as a dip for the crackers.
The cod, mash, and spinach was pretty reasonable - honestly a nice bit of fish there. The mash isn't nearly as dry or mealy as it looks - it just has an unfortunate surface appearance (that's some sort of garnish on top, but I couldn't work out what).
I don't eat cheese by choice, so I can't comment on their taste, but they looked OK.
The dessert was light and pleasant.
Bread rolls were also offered (not pictured).

Yes I had this yesterday on a flight to OTP. It was beetroot hummus, I think, and a mixture of celeriac in the mash too - tasty!

Last edited by Chris209; May 15, 2022 at 9:05 am Reason: Wrongly quoted
Old May 15, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, easyJet Plus, YHA platinum, Amex Centurion, Peugeot owners club, Stagecoach gold rider
Breakfast on the BA892 LHR-SOF this morning

Old May 15, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling

ATH to LHR yesterday. Buttermilk Chicken. I.e. Three bits of burnt chicken on some congealed mousseline. Not Do & Cos finest creation.
Carfield and Tobias-UK like this.

Last edited by Woodbinerich; May 15, 2022 at 1:04 pm
Old May 15, 2022, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.

The LGW table order in lounge of spicy chicken and rice pre LGW to TRN ( instead of having afternoon tea on board )

Ploughmans on return TRN to LGW ; very tasty with sausage roll cheese and ham
Carfield, Tobias-UK and KARFA like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by greg5
Mrs. greg5 and I had the same 'salad' on my LHR-ZRH on Friday. I had to google taramasalata, and given that our meals were the vegetarian veggie quinoa salad, I have to think that it was just some sort of fancy hummus. It could have been something different, but it looks exactly the same to me. We thought it was pretty tasty, whatever it was.
Originally Posted by Chris209
Yes I had this yesterday on a flight to OTP. It was beetroot hummus, I think, and a mixture of celeriac in the mash too - tasty!
You may very well be right. It had a salty, umami flavour and may well have been a coloured hummus. It was indeed pretty tasty. I also agree with the celeriac mash, I think I recall being told that but had forgotten earlier.
Old May 15, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Yes take it or leave it .
In all seriousness on CDG-LHR last week it was a choice of meat/fish and vegetarian.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
A couple of Band 1 Dinners:
BA1426 LHR-BHD Dep 19:35
The Quinoa Salad tastes better than it looks.

Then, BA1425 BHD-LHR Dep 20:30
Smoked Salmon Salad - the crew didn't refer to it as a Waldorf. Really quite nice.
Old May 15, 2022, 12:42 pm

I had the afternoon tea a couple of days ago, albeit on a different route, and the only choice was meat/fish or veggie sandwiches. The latter were perfectly tasty though, and I’d happily have it again. The scones are lovely, the cakes are awful.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
ARN-LHR, May 2022 (Band 3, evening).
Menu:

Having had the full works on the way out (see above), I opted for the Waldorf salad:

The side salad was largely unmemorable.
The Waldorf salad was made from pretty good ingredients (in particular, nice apples and quite reasonable salmon) but rather heavy on the mayonnaise in the substrate.
I don't eat cheese by choice, so I can't comment on the cheese selection.
The dessert was another cream and chocolate concoction - light and pleasant.
The wine was quite drinkable, and served at an appropriate temperature.
How are those apples 'compressed'?!
AnaTravel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.