Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by flyslow

LGW-MLA today. Coffee. In a mug! Lukewarm though.
Because they poured half a pint of milk in it 😱
Old Oct 2, 2022, 4:12 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by flyslow
LGW-MLA today. Coffee. In a mug!.
I could kiss you.
SxMan, AnaTravel and flyslow like this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 12:31 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
I could kiss you.
Crew on LHR-GOT on Friday even apologised in advance for the lack of proper cups and blamed the “shortage “– I laughed at the fact that they believed their own spin.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC
The Original Full British...
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:51 am

Sorry, no image, but on our LHR to MYK flight last Sunday the crew lead proudly handed out menus. I think there were 8 rows in CE.

The same crew head then lead asking everyone (by name, I must add) what meal choice they'd like. I was in row 5 (late booking...) and he was already telling row 4 they'd run out of the chicken salad (option 3). I went for the pasta (option 2). By row 7 I heard him saying he'd run out of both the chicken salad and the main meal, which I think was fish, leaving only the pasta.

It does perplex me why on earth the crew proudly give out menus to CE and get to row 4 and start telling people they've run out of one option on the menu! Row 7 and you've got the 'choice' of a single dish.
bafan and AnaTravel like this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Not my flight tonight, presumably the incoming (LHR-NCE) as this was in the seat pocket !

It’s seems “The Original…” is someone’s new favourite description

Carfield likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Not a fan of the new menu formatting / text spacing, not particularly easy to read. And I'm also confused why they have 'available upon request' under Hot Chocolate.. isn't every drink on the menu available upon request?
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Tea and coffee is offered, hot chocolate is available on request.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Tea and coffee is offered, hot chocolate is available on request.
Ah yes, that makes sense. I forgot it was meant to be offered... in my more recent CE experiences nothing was proactively offered that didn't come with the meal tray. Hence in my mind any drink was by request!
AAL2887 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by chriswiles
Sorry, no image, but on our LHR to MYK flight last Sunday the crew lead proudly handed out menus. I think there were 8 rows in CE.

The same crew head then lead asking everyone (by name, I must add) what meal choice they'd like. I was in row 5 (late booking...) and he was already telling row 4 they'd run out of the chicken salad (option 3). I went for the pasta (option 2). By row 7 I heard him saying he'd run out of both the chicken salad and the main meal, which I think was fish, leaving only the pasta.

It does perplex me why on earth the crew proudly give out menus to CE and get to row 4 and start telling people they've run out of one option on the menu! Row 7 and you've got the 'choice' of a single dish.
I can’t imagine how much waste there is across the whole operation. Surely having a system of ordering beforehand would be much more beneficial. Knowing the menu beforehand also gives people an option of having food in the lounge or not.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:48 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by chriswiles

Yet, judging by earlier posts, when the menus are NOT handed out, BA then gets berated and crew accused of being lazy? A case of ‘damned if they do, damned if they don’t’

Out of interest, where is MYK?
PUCCI GALORE, Klrduks and Dp69 like this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 4:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by LondonAussie
Not a fan of the new menu formatting / text spacing, not particularly easy to read.
Agreed. It looks like the menu was put together by someone doing their first ever "desktop-publishing for amateurs" exercise.

What's with the special highlighting for the Chicken Tikka Masala and the Twinings' Tea ?
Old Oct 4, 2022, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by nick585
Out of interest, where is MYK?
assuming they meant JMK, Mykonos
Old Oct 4, 2022, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
What's with the special highlighting for the Chicken Tikka Masala and the Twinings' Tea ?
probably as its “signature British (Airways) fayre” or some waffle like that. There will also certainly be more of the Chicken than the other options, so perhaps the highlighting is to influence your decision and try and make you pick that dish? 🤷🏼‍♂️
Old Oct 4, 2022, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, Hilton Diamond, EuroBonus Gold for Life, SPG Plat Elite
On Saturday 01 October, BA885 from OTP (Bucharest) had the Club Europe kitchen, crisps and chocolates taken round twice by the cabin crew in a basket, in the later stages of the journey. IMO a welcome addition.
bafan, ermis177 and TedToToe like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.