Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Today’s 4:55pm OLB departure (left almost 1 hour late). Was expecting something warm and more substantial given the 2 hours flight. No menus (surprise surprise).

SxMan likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by 81romeo
Today’s 4:55pm OLB departure (left almost 1 hour late). Was expecting something warm and more substantial given the 2 hours flight. No menus (surprise surprise).
They serve food based on the original time of departure, not your delay. ie. the crew don't swap out and find meals more appropriate for your new departure.

For example, I flew LHR to BCN the other week. Planned departure 16.35, actual departure more like 20.30. Guess what, we were eating afternoon tea with scones at 21.30 at night.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
LHR-NCE yesterday morning. The traditional was over cooked this time and pretty revolting, also there were 4/5 crew on the large CE cabin but service was totally chaotic. Often far slicker with 1 or 2 crew

Sealink likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
I’ve seen bigger amuses-bouche than that salmon plate.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ENTP
I’ve seen bigger amuses-bouche than that salmon plate.
A croissant was offered 15/20 mins later…. As was the drink
Old Oct 1, 2022, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by chriswiles
They serve food based on the original time of departure, not your delay. ie. the crew don't swap out and find meals more appropriate for your new departure.

For example, I flew LHR to BCN the other week. Planned departure 16.35, actual departure more like 20.30. Guess what, we were eating afternoon tea with scones at 21.30 at night.
I well know, thanks for the reminder.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by GOTBound
Will the Band 2 warm meal commence once the winter timetable starts?
It has already started! Hot meals on LHR-BCN last night, chicken and leek pie below.

Comically small starter of two tiny cauliflower florets, pie was almost totally devoid of filling. I definitely prefer hot meals but not if that means the budget is slashed even more - this is basically back to the days of the infamous panini.

Flight was also almost three hours late after a false start and landed at 1.15AM BCN. Fortunately, both the cabin crew and flight crew were utterly superb, clearly BA old timers and very much out to ensure everyone had a good flight anyway. If it had been any other crew I’ve had in the last couple of months I have a feeling passengers would not have taken it with such grace.
Sealink, bafan, wrp96 and 4 others like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 3:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Breakfast this morning coming in from ARN. Alternative was an omelette. This was from a night stopper - so breakfast would have been loaded on the plane on Saturday evening at LHR.

Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Comically small starter of two tiny cauliflower florets
That's one more than you get in Club World!
Scotair, wrp96, alex67500 and 4 others like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Breakfast this morning coming in from ARN. Alternative was an omelette. This was from a night stopper - so breakfast would have been loaded on the plane on Saturday evening at LHR.

That's interesting. Compare this with my band 4 night-stopper (post #1045) and the yogurt is definitely an addition.
Sealink and SxMan like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
This mornings fayre on the 2784 LHR-FNC
Butter and Jam, to go with either croissant or jam pasty 🤔
CE extended back to row 12
Someone was served the salmon early (special meal?) and then was off the menu
Fizz ran out about half way into the flight

Sealink and aks120 like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 9:03 am

LYS-LHR today, brunch service. Carrot & lentil salad for me; prawn cocktail for Mr. My carrot salad was delicious, prawn cocktail was tasty, but sauce not as good as mine apparently 😂

Crew attentive on what was only a short flight
Sealink likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by kath2049
LYS-LHR today, brunch service. Carrot & lentil salad for me; prawn cocktail for Mr. My carrot salad was delicious, prawn cocktail was tasty, but sauce not as good as mine apparently 😂
Interesting options for brunch! I thought they were back to serving pre-COVID brunch options (eg. quiche / tart).

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 2, 2022 at 11:30 am Reason: Clean up
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:02 pm

LGW-MLA today. Coffee. In a mug! Lukewarm though.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:05 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
On the EDI-LHR this afternoon, it was 'spicy carrot salad' and 'prawn cocktail'. I went for the prawns and it was tasty - they had lettuce, tomato and a bit of avocado on the bottom - lots of pepper. Very 1980s.....

Regards aks120
Sealink likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.