Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2022, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Brunch is dead, gone! 😂
Old Oct 8, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Brunch is dead, gone! 😂
File that under stupid things BA have done 😂. Honestly I didn't want a prawn cocktail or carrot salad at 10am, the old brunch plate was perfect!
Genius1, Sealink and bafan like this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Brunch is dead, gone! 😂
Do you have details of the new bands and service timings so we can update this post? https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30193785-post1.html
Old Oct 8, 2022, 1:01 pm

LHR-Corfu BA648 2nd October - lunch. No menus. Good crew, switched on and friendly. Crew split a miniature of JW Black so I asked for the full miniature bottle, and he straight away gave me two miniatures. Noticed the same happened to the guy across the aisle (with gin). Main chicken and leek pie - fairly average, not much filling. Dessert bland and not really sure what it was (tiramisu without soaked sponge?). I found the wine enjoyable - a mouth-filling robust Puglian red. Cheese good, decent fig relish. Two further thoughts, I estimate the size of the main course is around 2/3 of the size of a CW main course. Short haul passengers obviously have smaller appetites! I cut the olive bread roll which was moist, 10 minutes later the inside cut surface was dry to touch - goes to show how dry the air is up there. Good flight - super fast too, around 2h30m.
adrianlondon, Sealink and bafan like this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Crew split a miniature of JW Black so I asked for the full miniature bottle, and he straight away gave me two miniatures. Noticed the same happened to the guy across the aisle (with gin).
Just when you thought the penny pinching couldn't get any worse - at least he realised the error of his ways, although very likely the 'rationing' was an instruction.
bafan likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 1:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
In my experience splitting miniatures tends to be more a misunderstanding of the service standard on short haul from crew more familiar with long haul. Basically more cock-up rather than conspiracy
Old Oct 8, 2022, 1:21 pm

deleted - crossed post with KARFA
Old Oct 8, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
There are quite a few references to ‘not being offered xyz’, ‘only one bar run’ etc. This isn’t something I’ve ever suffered from in CE. I ask (I think politely) for what I want, when I want, and don’t sit waiting to be asked.

Want a top up before dinner? Ask for it. More wine? Ask. Coffee? Ask etc etc.

Ideally my wants would be anticipated by CC, and they are occasionally by the really excellent crews. But there’s no point in grumbling about the vast majority of average to good crews. If seated in CE, ask for what you want. Sitting waiting to be asked seems like Economy behaviour IMO.
bafan, Blenheim and TedToToe like this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by krispy84
There are quite a few references to ‘not being offered xyz’, ‘only one bar run’ etc. This isn’t something I’ve ever suffered from in CE. I ask (I think politely) for what I want, when I want, and don’t sit waiting to be asked.

Want a top up before dinner? Ask for it. More wine? Ask. Coffee? Ask etc etc.

Ideally my wants would be anticipated by CC, and they are occasionally by the really excellent crews. But there’s no point in grumbling about the vast majority of average to good crews. If seated in CE, ask for what you want. Sitting waiting to be asked seems like Economy behaviour IMO.
Some crews are certainly more proactive than others, but I agree.

I'll generally ask on my way to the loo and find drinks waiting at my seat for when I return, ask for multiples if you feel like you're pestering. I've always found crews happy to oblige.

You can use the call bell too.
bafan, Blenheim and krispy84 like this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by kdhurst380

You can, but it’s generally frowned upon. Calling crew for a top-up isn’t generally wise. I was once told in CW that if crew think someone “misuses” (once is fine) the call button for top ups, it’s generally given less priority second time around. Bit rude, also. Like calling over a waiter when he’s busy serving another table.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by kdhurst380
I've been told off that the button is for emergencies only and I wasn't even the one pressing it That was in ET though, so maybe rules are different.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
I too find it uncomfortable to press the call bell to ask for a drink top up and wait to be offered. Perhaps I've been living here too long and have adopted the British Politeness.

Although I will say on a recent flight I saw a person seated in front press their call bell shortly after takeoff. Crew member looked over and said will be with you in a moment but then appeared to forget and never actually returned until it was their turn in the meal service.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by chriswiles
You can, but it’s generally frowned upon.
Frown away; that’s exactly one of the legitimate uses of the call button.
bafan likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I really think some of you are living in a parallel universe, there is no reason why you cannot use the call bell, why you think there is a problem says more about you then anything else.
seanp7, Genius1, bafan and 6 others like this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 3:40 pm

I really think some of you are living in a parallel universe, there is no reason why you cannot use the call bell, why you think there is a problem says more about you then anything else.
So what does it say about me (trying to keep it short)?
I ask passing FA for a cup of coffee. He says 'sure, let me just press the button so I remember where you sit' and goes to rear galley.
Que another FA from behind the curtain, looking like a cloud of thunder.
'What's your emergency?'
'There is no...'
'That button is for emergencies only, if you don't have any, don't touch it!'
'It was your colleague..'
'Someone could be having a heart attack right now, but I can't help them because I had to come here without a reason!'
And storms back behind the curtain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.