Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Food and service were good on our flight from LGW to DBV (and this food was on the later 1740 departure as many of the flights to DBV are early departures)

Not sure about putting the bread roll physically on the main meal rather than to the side but apart from that the food was better than expected

Sausage and Mash

Pumpkin Tortellini
adrianlondon, Sealink and Schwann like this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
so looks like LGW catering better than LHR? Also more likely to be loaded with the individual champagne bottles?
SxMan likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by danmushman
so looks like LGW catering better than LHR? Also more likely to be loaded with the individual champagne bottles?
No and no. I prefer the LHR catering, and the small bottles of champagne are served dependant on route (usually band 1 and 2) and supply. I've seen full bottled used on a MAN shuttle, but that is a rare event.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:51 am
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
Chalk and cheese between a BA and IB connecting service from LHR through MAD this month. BA dumped a tray - no starter of warm breads and breakfast pasties, and no hot drinks. The 4 or 5 crew hid behind the front curtain till descent. On the next flight the IB crew came around quickly with pre meal drinks, the full advertised meal, and frequent drink replenishment. Do and Co left their business card on the IB tray and rightly should be vey pleased with their IB offering. Do and Co must be embarrassed to be associated with BA.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
No and no. I prefer the LHR catering, and the small bottles of champagne are served dependant on route (usually band 1 and 2) and supply. I've seen full bottled used on a MAN shuttle, but that is a rare event.
The most recent examples on this thread ex LGW - ACE, DBV and HEL (mine) all were served the small bottles of champagne and are definitely not bands 1 or 2.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by LPQ
Chalk and cheese between a BA and IB connecting service from LHR through MAD this month. BA dumped a tray - no starter of warm breads and breakfast pasties, and no hot drinks. The 4 or 5 crew hid behind the front curtain till descent. On the next flight the IB crew came around quickly with pre meal drinks, the full advertised meal, and frequent drink replenishment. Do and Co left their business card on the IB tray and rightly should be vey pleased with their IB offering. Do and Co must be embarrassed to be associated with BA.
Wow, completely the opposite experience for me. With BA, handed out pre-meal drinks and nuts with menu. Quality food service with 4 top-ups offered.

With IB on return (IBZ to LHR), didn't see the crew for an hour, handed out the tray with a single drink and tried to encourage coffee/tea with the same tray, no post-meal offer of a top-up. Had to ask when they took the tray.
Sealink likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 2:30 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Kosher lunch this afternoon heading to INV.

Old Jul 15, 2022, 3:03 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
UIP-LCY Lunch BA operated by Cityflyer

we were invited to choose between a Cheese Sandwich or Quiche. Not bad for Band 1. I can’t tell you more except that there was also smoked ham and smoked herring. I enjoyed mine. The cake was typical British Patisserie and was more suited to a nursery tea-table than a Premier cabin. I do like Cityflyer however. Their Cabin Crew are very reserved to start with but our IFM was adorable.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Originally Posted by 81romeo
Depends on the Band (length of the the flight). Personally I prefer mini bottles too.
Deleted
Sealink likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 12:29 am

Oh also different glassware yesterday? The glasses are usually straight sided aren’t they? These look more rounded.

Sealink likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 12:32 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by KARFA
Oh also different glassware yesterday? The glasses are usually straight sided aren’t they? These look more rounded.
At least they are not paper….!

aks120
Sealink, KARFA and SxMan like this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 12:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, they’ve been making a sporadic appearance over the last few weeks. I quite like them, I just wish BA would introduce proper sized glasses in CE. All the glasses are just too small.
Sealink, alex67500, KARFA and 6 others like this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 2:09 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Return from DBV to LGW - Flight on time, good service, immigration at Gatwick deserted - don't know what all the fuss is about ;-) - Seating much bettter on this flight due to proper bulkhead for row 1 (was a G-MIDx aircraft)

Champagne was in mini bottles. Only criticism was that the rice for my main was a bit crunchy but was otherwise ok

Old Jul 16, 2022, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Some of these LGW short haul meals look much better than the LHR long haul ones.
Buster CT1K, Sealink and Akoz like this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 6:47 am

Mexican chicken salad coming down from INV today for lunch. Quite like this, first time having it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.