Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I love the poke bowl, so there Pucci.😘
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (GGL, GFL)
Originally Posted by KARFA
The poke bowl and the Mexican chicken are my two favourites atm. Both very tasty. I look forward to hearing some more comments when people get a chance to try them. From what I have seen so far, the comments of those who have had them seem generally positive.
I’ve been very critical of the blatant cost-cutting approach taken by BA, with shrinking dishes and reduction in quality etc, but I fully agree with the above. The poké and the Mexican chicken are both great and I don’t think it would be reasonable to expect much more, particularly on a band 1 or 2 flight.
adrianlondon and PGberkshire like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
So they chop up some bits of raw fish, put a dollop of rice and a few flageolets on a plate and call that a meal. I call it a starter and a meagre one at that. Dreadful - it's like Do-It-Yourself Sushi. I'm glad that you liked it Dear.
Sorry to say, but you are wrong.

1/ its actually taste nice, is fresh and flavoursome - great on a band 1/2 flight - Even on a 3/4 instead of the larger meal (post CCR dining say)
2/ They are edamame not flageolets
3/ its most likely a smoked/cured salmon rather than raw
James91 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:51 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by PGberkshire

1/ its actually taste nice, is fresh and flavoursome - great on a band 1/2 flight - Even on a 3/4 instead of the larger meal (post CCR dining say)
You brave man - Pucci’s gonna get you!
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
You brave man - Pucci’s gonna get you!
I know! and now you quoted me, I cant delete it

Im ready for my punishment - in my defence the heat has ruined my judgement
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: BAEC
So they chop up some bits of raw fish, put a dollop of rice and a few flageolets on a plate and call that a meal. I call it a starter and a meagre one at that. Dreadful - it's like Do-It-Yourself Sushi. I'm glad that you liked it Dear.
We’ve disagreed on other things, but I’m with you on this. Even, if they are edamame.

Some cold rice and a few cubes of this and that is not a real meal in my book.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
I liked the beef cheeks on return from TER yesterday

Very tasty

The IFM liked my request for some red wine to go with my cheeks :-)
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:48 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by alex67500
It says a lot that it is one of the tastiest meals in SH these days. Deconstructed sushi.
Destructed Sushi more like. Sorry Sweetheart but actually I'd have the beef cheeks any day over that Hawaiian Hokum.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by PGberkshire

1. If you say so Pet

2. If you say so Pet - I rather wish that they were flageolets as soya beans are not among my favourite

3. Have you actually eaten it - maybe someone else did and can tell us.

Do not listen to rumours that I have homocidal tendencies violent - my hairbrush is set to stun. For now,
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I love the poke bowl, so there Pucci.😘
I suppose that's one thing you can probably eat without your dentures Dear Heart.

Now before I get ticked off again, Let me say this. I looked at this Poke Bowl or whatever it is called. Once upon a time they had a seafood option that one could order in CE. That has long bitten the dust thanks to some carnivorous beancounter (if that is not a contradiction in terms- appropriate though they may be in this context). I love fish, but I liked it cooked. I cannot eat raw shellfish of any kind as it make me sick - literally. I know that if BA were entrusted with fish it would be way overcooked but there it is. I love the Cod option but that is a meal. That poke looks like the snack given it's quantity. Sorry - anyone can have mine.

Tell me this - why is it called a Poke Bowl when it is served on a plate???
Can I help you likes this.

Last edited by PUCCI GALORE; Jul 18, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Old Jul 18, 2022, 5:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I was very critical of the BA offering late in the pandemic, however I also do like the poke bowl and Mexican chicken salad options, I had them on a longer flight where it was an option alongside two other hot dishes, and I think they are a nice complement and both very tasty, despite appearing simple.

Beef and mash or pasta on every flight gets a bit dull, and a ‘different’ cold option is nice to have!
James91, LCSinTexas and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by sb1982
I was very critical of the BA offering late in the pandemic, however I also do like the poke bowl and Mexican chicken salad options, I had them on a longer flight where it was an option alongside two other hot dishes, and I think they are a nice complement and both very tasty, despite appearing simple.

Beef and mash or pasta on every flight gets a bit dull, and a ‘different’ cold option is nice to have!
I agree - I rather like the poke bowl. It’s a particularly nice option for summer as it’s nice to have a cold dish that’s fairly substantial.

I hope it sticks around!
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:33 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
I suppose that's one thing you can probably eat without your dentures Dear Heart.

Now before I get ticked off again, Let me say this. I looked at this Poke Bowl or whatever it is called. Once upon a time they had a seafood option that one could order in CE. That has long bitten the dust thanks to some carnivorous beancounter (if that is not a contradiction in terms- appropriate though they may be in this context). I love fish, but I liked it cooked. I cannot eat raw shellfish of any kind as it make me sick - literally. I know that if BA were entrusted with fish it would be way overcooked but there it is. I love the Cod option but that is a meal. That poke looks like the snack given it's quantity. Sorry - anyone can have mine.

I know where I’d poke it for sure.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:23 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold

I like the Poke Bowl, but this is my issue with the dish - serving it on a plate makes it harder to eat. Why can't BA just put it in a bowl like its name implies?
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by dcmike
I like the Poke Bowl, but this is my issue with the dish - serving it on a plate makes it harder to eat. Why can't BA just put it in a bowl like its name implies?
Why can’t BA just put something in a palate that looks like a meal rather than a sad little snack.
dcmike likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.