Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:08 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Wow, talk about the CC setting themselves up to fail, that is pretty triggering given the meal is the main differentiator.
BA Press Release *EMBARGOED UNTIL 01/08/2022*

At BA, we believe in listening to our customers above all else. Customer feedback has indicated our premium passengers really value quality of sleep onboard [I mean, the question we actually asked was “would you rather sleep well on an overnight flight or not?” and 95% of those we polled were flying Club World, but it’s all just ‘business class’ anyway, right? P.S. Please don’t bother asking for compensation if your Club World seat is switched to an A321NEO]. Therefore, to better meet the needs of our valued customers, we are proud to introduce the Club Europe Sleeper Service (“CESS”) on all flights leaving after 7pm to allow our premium customers to maximise sleep and arrive well-rested after their two hour flight to the EU. All CESS flights will feature a premium inflight tray (“PIT”) on request, with treats including gourmet crisps, artisan popcorn and natural spring water [Erm, no, it’s not just the Euro Traveller food on a tray, thank you], served with a selection of premium drinks from the onboard Speedbird Cafe.

*END PRESS RELEASE*
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:29 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by becks1
Why do people do this?!

Someone did this on my last trip as well.
Becaue they are slobs my Dear. It’s quite simple.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:31 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by fdem
This isn’t really about the quality of catering but just strange behaviour from the CC. On a recent band 3 flight. I was asked when the catering was due to start “I assume you won’t want a meal as you were able to eat something in the lounge”. I replied that I would like something. Then I overheard her speak to the couple behind saying “ would you like to skip the meal and catch up on some sleep”. Bear in mind this was not a late flight 7.30pm I found this extraordinary. We all did get served but with minimum service as curtain was closed for most of the flight. Top ups or water not offered. Probably just a lazy crew who couldn’t be bothered, but I did find it reflected badly on BA whose CC in general are excellent
Insufficient meals loaded.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Sorry for the random question, first flight in 2 years on the 13th (LHR-EFL, band 4), when do the menus change over to a new iteration, and what’s the current band 4 offering?

Thanks
Old Jul 31, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
BA Press Release *EMBARGOED UNTIL 01/08/2022*

At BA, we believe in listening to our customers above all else. Customer feedback has indicated our premium passengers really value quality of sleep onboard [I mean, the question we actually asked was “would you rather sleep well on an overnight flight or not?” and 95% of those we polled were flying Club World, but it’s all just ‘business class’ anyway, right? P.S. Please don’t bother asking for compensation if your Club World seat is switched to an A321NEO]. Therefore, to better meet the needs of our valued customers, we are proud to introduce the Club Europe Sleeper Service (“CESS”) on all flights leaving after 7pm to allow our premium customers to maximise sleep and arrive well-rested after their two hour flight to the EU. All CESS flights will feature a premium inflight tray (“PIT”) on request, with treats including gourmet crisps, artisan popcorn and natural spring water [Erm, no, it’s not just the Euro Traveller food on a tray, thank you], served with a selection of premium drinks from the onboard Speedbird Cafe.

*END PRESS RELEASE*
so... no full meals after 7pm in CE?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Sorry for the random question, first flight in 2 years on the 13th (LHR-EFL, band 4), when do the menus change over to a new iteration, and what’s the current band 4 offering?
Thanks
Band 4 from LHR would be something like this, assuming it's outside of the breakfast hours. Of course, August will likely see changes.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by danmushman
This is even worse than the Covid offering in CE. They at least offered a sandwich and a salad pot then! Enjoy your menu!!

It used to be a case of stocking up in the lounge if your were flying economy but now it seems to be the case in CE too!
Old Jul 31, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA2644 LGW-MLA Band 4 meal. To what extent the Chicken Tikka Masala is 'traditional', I have no idea! It was tasty nonetheless. Also, the Newrest apple chutney was a welcome change from Do&Co's fig relish! I prefer the starter over Do&Co's latest, also!

adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 12:12 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Thanks TedToToe , gives us something to go on 👍
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily

Thanks
Not sure if this helps, but here’s the menu from BA893 SOF-LHR last week

I had a GFML special meal (gluten free), the starter was different (carrots and lettuce with sunflower seeds in a yoghurt type dressing) but everything else was the same as the regular menu (for a change - hurray!). Thai prawn curry was tasty

Tiger_lily likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:22 pm

25/07/22 LHR-SOF GFML special meal. Band 4 breakfast disappointing as usual, not only gluten free but dairy free so yoghurt was replaced with something with the texture (and, I imagine, taste) of frogs spawn main course was totally over cooked with burnt mushrooms, dry scrambled eggs, and bacon imitating shoe leather.

VSLover likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by danmushman
Oh dear, maybe my satire was a bit too close to the bone - it was meant as a joke
SK, choosethedrew, bafan and 6 others like this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Lucanesque
yoghurt was replaced with something with the texture (and, I imagine, taste) of frogs spawn
ooo tapioca pudding! Lovely.
SK and orbitmic like this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by adrianlondon
ooo tapioca pudding! Lovely.
I’m sure it tasted nice but for me I think it’s a texture thing, just the thought of it makes me retch!
Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
I’m sure it tasted nice but for me I think it’s a texture thing, just the thought of it makes me retch!
These days, kids pay a small fortune to have it as "bubble tea" - but I'm with you on that, not my type of thing. Incidentally, I always think of tapioca pudding as a very American thing and had never seen as a standard offering in Europe (UK or anywhere else for that matter) before.

That said, on the photo, I'm not sure if this is tapioca pudding or chia pudding (which I think is a lot nicer)?
Lucanesque likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.