Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2022, 2:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
So they chop up some bits of raw fish, put a dollop of rice and a few flageolets on a plate and call that a meal. I call it a starter and a meagre one at that. Dreadful - it's like Do-It-Yourself Sushi. I'm glad that you liked it Dear.
I should have added "very nice, after a 3 course meal in the CCR"
bafan likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:24 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by 81romeo
I should have added "very nice, after a 3 course meal in the CCR"
Now that puts everything in the proper light.
bafan and 81romeo like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by earlscourtflyer

BA950 to Munich yesterday. English muffin and poached eggs with spinach. This was my best BA breakfast and my eggs were also still runny 👌
That looks very nice so much better than our recent meals on LH to Frankfurt one was almost inedible so don't knock it.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 4:46 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
1. If you say so Pet

2. If you say so Pet - I rather wish that they were flageolets as soya beans are not among my favourite

3. Have you actually eaten it - maybe someone else did and can tell us.

Do not listen to rumours that I have homocidal tendencies violent - my hairbrush is set to stun. For now,
I assumed with your reputation you could come back with a better retort than "Pet"

I have eaten it, as well as the Tofu veg alternative. give it a try, you may well enjoy trying new things.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 5:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
#nochickenbreastsalad

BA503 18:45 LIS - LHR

The starter was the highlight : fresh, crisp and generously seasoned.

The watery slop alongside the beef resembled potato soup. Definitely not anything like “potatoes au gratin”
And I can’t really eat the beef cheeks without thinking of all the mournful, hollow-faced cattle in the fields around Heathrow.

One observation : despite this being an evening flight, with departure delayed until 20:15, the crew took a rather leisurely run at drinks service and prep, resulting in the food not coming out until about 21:20.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I too am one who thinks that within the framework of those tiny cold plates, the "poke plate" (salmon, not tofu please) is probably the best that there has been for quite a while.

Yes, that's not a full meal, but neither are any of those cold plates, which those of us who are band 2 sacrificial lambs know everything about, and in fact this one feels a lot more filling because of the rice. If I had a suggestion, since poke has long ceased to be a traditional Hawaiian offering to become Pacific rim fusion a long time ago, I think this would gain enormously from offering a little side of kimchi, or wasabi, or both with it.

On the other hand, I don't share KARFA's enthusiasm for the Mexican chicken, but for full disclosure, I am not usually a fan of bean salads anyway, so I may just be the wrong target group for this.

I haven't had the beef cheek nor the spinach muffin, but they both look nice, in particular the latter which looks a lot better than BA's not-so-full English.
KARFA, becks1 and PGberkshire like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer

The starter was the highlight : fresh, crisp and generously seasoned.

The watery slop alongside the beef resembled potato soup. Definitely not anything like “potatoes au gratin”
And I can’t really eat the beef cheeks without thinking of all the mournful, hollow-faced cattle in the fields around Heathrow.

One observation : despite this being an evening flight, with departure delayed until 20:15, the crew took a rather leisurely run at drinks service and prep, resulting in the food not coming out until about 21:20.
Guessing you got all the gratin, and someone else just got some very dry potato slices with their cheeks…
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
So they chop up some bits of raw fish, put a dollop of rice and a few flageolets on a plate and call that a meal. I call it a starter and a meagre one at that. Dreadful - it's like Do-It-Yourself Sushi. I'm glad that you liked it Dear.
The one I had was with tofu and it's fantastic. Promise!
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer

Would you eat from this plate in a restaurant? Personally I wouldn't. It might be super tasty but presentation is disgusting and revolting to me. Sorry.
Sealink and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by earlscourtflyer
BA950 to Munich yesterday. English muffin and poached eggs with spinach. This was my best BA breakfast and my eggs were also still runny 👌
Fabulous! Poached eggs are easily the best eggs to have in the sky as they re-heat really well and taste great!

It's a shame more airlines don't do this, but I'm delighted BA have got on board with it. Sure beats scrambled egg slop! Plus the spinach is nice and healthy and so on.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Would you eat from this plate in a restaurant? Personally I wouldn't. It might be super tasty but presentation is disgusting and revolting to me. Sorry.
At least the cow gets a choice as to whether it swims in potato or it's own juice.
choosethedrew and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
At least the cow gets a choice as to whether it swims in potato or it's own juice.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Originally Posted by bafan
Guessing you got all the gratin, and someone else just got some very dry potato slices with their cheeks…

My cheeks were so much nicer than yours :-)

I wonder how much is affected by the crew’s handling! Our gratin was perfection!
bafan likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:27 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
If I were in a restaurant that received all the meals pre-plated and the heating took place on the plate that you were going to serve the customer - I would leave. I am not. I am at 30,000+ and being served in an area probably smaller than your downstairs cloakroom. We could of course mention the dessert in a plastic pot. If you are hungry, really hungry, you concern yourself with what is on the plate and how it tastes rather than the aesthetics of the presentation
orbitmic and pythonisman like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:05 am

If I were in a restaurant that received all the meals pre-plated and the heating took place on the plate that you were going to serve the customer - I would leave. I am not. I am at 30,000+ and being served in an area probably smaller than your downstairs cloakroom. We could of course mention the dessert in a plastic pot. If you are hungry, really hungry, you concern yourself with what is on the plate and how it tastes rather than the aesthetics of the presentation
Weirdly, other airlines like AF, LH, TK or even AZ would never serve a short haul J meal presented like this. Galley mysteries.
I guess if you are really, really hungry why not throw your starter, main, side and desert in a blender
choosethedrew and CH_flyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.