Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
Haha, normally I would not have declined an additional champagne!
But since it was only afternoon and I had still some upcoming dinner plans with friends for the evening I decided to play safe (just this once )
Also, walking around in 33 degrees central London last Friday with a champagne head would maybe not have been the best idea either
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
SirToby you are unique. You declined a third Champagne. Most here have finished their third before the wheels have been retracted after take off.
I did the same the other day. Nothing unique. I was driving (like a lot of people) and 3, despite small glasses, is just a little to push me over the edge. Plus I don't drink these days, so 2 is now more than enough 🥴

I must admit though, I'm one of those people who would drink far too much on a Club flight to the US. I remember one trip to LAX in the upper carriage on the A380. A crew member asked with help opening a bottle of champagne for the welcome drinks and she rewarded me with a larger glass (no idea where it came from!). She then kept topping me up to thank me. By the second meal I was seriously feeling 🤢 and couldn't eat it. The same crew member realised and was rather sheepish taking away my tray.
EDDLEGLL and SirToby like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Lovely flight with a fab FA working CE today GLA-LHR. Only three rows of CE this time. She offered a second bottle of champers!

I must also add great catering in the GLA lounge. Usual breakfast fare, but then shortly after 11 sandwiches appeared.

adrianlondon and Sealink like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chriswiles
I did the same the other day. Nothing unique. I was driving (like a lot of people) and 3, despite small glasses, is just a little to push me over the edge. Plus I don't drink these days, so 2 is now more than enough 🥴

I must admit though, I'm one of those people who would drink far too much on a Club flight to the US. I remember one trip to LAX in the upper carriage on the A380. A crew member asked with help opening a bottle of champagne for the welcome drinks and she rewarded me with a larger glass (no idea where it came from!). She then kept topping me up to thank me. By the second meal I was seriously feeling 🤢 and couldn't eat it. The same crew member realised and was rather sheepish taking away my tray.
Just be careful, 2 drinks is most likely enough to make you over the drink drive limit.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:15 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)

We always used to say "One in the air is worth to on the ground" - the crew member meant well - and she had a willing participant . I never ever take the wheel if I have had a drink for reasons that you understand.
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by SirToby
Haha, normally I would not have declined an additional champagne!
But since it was only afternoon and I had still some upcoming dinner plans with friends for the evening I decided to play safe (just this once )
Also, walking around in 33 degrees central London last Friday with a champagne head would maybe not have been the best idea either
I'd have said "yes" screwed the cap back on and taken it home to put in the fridge!
SirToby likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:41 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I'd have said "yes" screwed the cap back on and taken it home to put in the fridge!
You see these days some crew unscrew the bottle and keep the cap so you can't do that. Little do they know I have a small number of spare caps in my pocket
seanp7, chrism20, aks120 and 5 others like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
You see these days some crew unscrew the bottle and keep the cap so you can't do that. Little do they know I have a small number of spare caps in my pocket
You would! I laughed out loud as I thought of Bilbo Baggins asking Gollum what he had in his pocket. You, my Dear, have the Precious!
efincomputer, KARFA and TedToToe like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
*Note to self.......
**2nd note to self: don't tell SO as she thinks I'm completely bonkers already!
Old Jun 20, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais

After 8-9 hours of imbibing I bet LAX immigration was a delight
Old Jun 20, 2022, 2:22 pm

Deleted

Last edited by PUCCI GALORE; Jun 20, 2022 at 2:23 pm Reason: Duplicated
Old Jun 21, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Band 1 Brunch (LHR-LYS)

Seen something new today (for me at least), although possibly due to the rareness of the Brunch flights.
This was described as a "Hot Halloumi Wrap" - tasted quite fajita like with peppers/onions inside as well as I think aubergine. Some pepper with hummus on the plate also. Served with bread roll too for those that wanted one. The other option was a "Cold cuts of meat plate". This more lunchy wrap came with the breakfast tray with fruit and bircher muesli pots.
Was very nice.

Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:01 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
LGW-DLM

Best CE flight I’ve had for a while. Crew did a great job with pre-dinner drinks run then menus, followed by food and plenty of drinks offerred afterwards. Pleased to see the blue Wensleydale on the menu. Flight was lightly loaded in both CE and ET (30%).

Only thing I can fault BA for is the state of G-MIDO - lots of Speed Tape in evidence and at least one seat with broken recline.

Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by george77300
Seen something new today (for me at least), although possibly due to the rareness of the Brunch flights.
This was described as a "Hot Halloumi Wrap" - tasted quite fajita like with peppers/onions inside as well as I think aubergine. Some pepper with hummus on the plate also. Served with bread roll too for those that wanted one. The other option was a "Cold cuts of meat plate". This more lunchy wrap came with the breakfast tray with fruit and bircher muesli pots.
Was very nice.
I have a Brunch flight Friday next week, hope the menu doesn't change on 1 July and hope I have this!

Looks lovely and I know I'll love something like this
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:10 am
formerly JackDann

Only 1 Crew in CE on Friday from BHD-LHR, but the number of rows was kept down to 4. Still felt a little sorry for them having to do the entire service single handed though. Even with a small CE Cabin i've seen multiple crew struggle to get through the service in time.

Obviously it was just the usual choice of Salad or Salad on this 1 Hour flight. I do wish they'd bring back the cooked breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.