Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Kosher afternoon tea from NCL this afternoon. One cold scone on the tray and one warm scone in the silver foil on the right. Also offered the scone basket too. Never have enough scones!

Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
@KARFA, out of curiosity, was the rest of the cabin also served a high tea meal, or did they have something different? I have a LHR-NCL flight coming up and I'd prefer a finger sandwich and scone over some of the other things (ploughman) I've seen above that were served on this route.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:28 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by OneWorldSapphire
@KARFA, out of curiosity, was the rest of the cabin also served a high tea meal, or did they have something different? I have a LHR-NCL flight coming up and I'd prefer a finger sandwich and scone over some of the other things (ploughman) I've seen above that were served on this route.
What time is your flight?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 4:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
What time is your flight?
I’m *scheduled* to be on the 14:20 departure for LHR-NCL. I’m arriving from DFW on the newly returning A380, and there seems to have been horrible delays on the routes that already have this aircraft (maintenance issues from disuse), so I hope I make it to the connection without issue. Any idea what food is served on this domestic connection in CE?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by OneWorldSapphire
I’m *scheduled* to be on the 14:20 departure for LHR-NCL. I’m arriving from DFW on the newly returning A380, and there seems to have been horrible delays on the routes that already have this aircraft (maintenance issues from disuse), so I hope I make it to the connection without issue. Any idea what food is served on this domestic connection in CE?
yes you should get the afternoon tea. There should be a vegetarian and non-vegetarian option.
OneWorldSapphire likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 5:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by bafan
That main does look good, but agree it’s a bit odd without any sort of potato…Truly, the accountants are dictating the menus…
On the contrary, airline meals are generally padded out with potato/carbs as it's a cheap plate (and stomach) filler.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 6:40 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by kdhurst380
On the contrary, airline meals are generally padded out with potato/carbs as it's a cheap plate (and stomach) filler.
Well, quite. So times must be really hard at BA, if they can’t even afford some cheap carbs, because the chicken and veg alone aren’t really filling…
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:01 pm

LHR-VCE Ba598

Coronation chicken salad with some pink savoury stuff and creamy dessert stuff. Chicken salad was delicious, could have eaten twice the amount. Pink pot was also tasty, is this the beetroot houmous?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Pisa - LHR

This evening I flew from Pisa to Heathrow on the 18.15.

The choice was between a salmon salad and a “vegetarian Niçoise salad”. I had the salmon. The salad itself was quite tasty with two smallish chunks of hot smoked salmon, four slices of strange looking apple and some sloppy mayo heavy strips of something underneath. Quite tasty.

The starter was horrible. It was Greek yoghurt based with some weird red stuff and a couple of cubes of beetroot. Pudding was delicious.

Old Jun 26, 2022, 8:44 am

Kosher meal on an early afternoon flight to NCL.

Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Kosher meal on an early afternoon flight to NCL.
Have they swapped the cous cous for the smaller type?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by KARFA
Kosher afternoon tea from NCL this afternoon. One cold scone on the tray and one warm scone in the silver foil on the right. Also offered the scone basket too. Never have enough scones!
What was in the sandwich here? If it’s fish, pity they didn’t serve actual milk rather than “coffee whitener”. Kosher food restrictions limit eating and serving dairy products (like milk, cream, butter) with meat (excluding eggs and fish which are considered neutral, termed “parev” or “parve”) but there shouldn’t be a problem if there’s no meat in the meal.

On the other hand, the quantity of chicken you got in the KSML chicken salad over the couscous looks about three times the quantity that was served in the non-kosher BA coronation chicken above in this thread…

Last edited by salut0; Jun 26, 2022 at 1:03 pm
Old Jun 26, 2022, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by chrism20
Have they swapped the cous cous for the smaller type?
yes, this was cous cous rather than the larger Israeli couscous we have seen before. I prefer the latter, but this was ok.

Originally Posted by salut0
What was in the sandwich here? If it’s fish, pity they didn’t serve actual milk rather than “coffee whitener”. Kosher food restrictions limit eating and serving dairy products (like milk, cream, butter) with meat (excluding eggs and fish which are considered neutral, termed “parev” or “parve”) but there shouldn’t be a problem if there’s no meat in the meal.

On the other hand, the quantity of chicken you got in the KSML chicken salad over the couscous looks about three times the quantity that was served in the non-kosher BA coronation chicken above in this thread…
Yes afternoon tea wasn't terribly generous with the sandwiches, but very generous with scones! The finger sandwich was fish, the wrap was roasted veg.

My chicken lunch today was certainly a good advert for kosher meals
salut0 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by DELLAS
ACE - LGW Band 4 Dinner

3 options were offered . The only appealing one was the bangers & mash . It was not the best Club Europe meal I have had but ok. Crew were good and plenty of drinks offered . The coffee was really weak though and tasteless made worse by paper cups.

I had this yesterday ACE - LGW, despite the sausages looking a bit odd I agree it was completely fine. The only down side was what I had the night before...

I will add that my girlfriend stated this was possibly the best CE meal she had eaten. Butternut squash tortellini
Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
BA 723 GVA-LHR 0710-0755 A-319

Choice of a butternut squash omelet or a Full English. This came hot and was pretty tasty. The granola bar was an odd touch though, I don't remember that from years past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.