Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2022, 6:54 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Yes, they’ve been making a sporadic appearance over the last few weeks. I quite like them, I just wish BA would introduce proper sized glasses in CE. All the glasses are just too small.
recall when a First glass was “relaunched” and contained 20ml less than the previous Dartington variant - estimated to save the airline £-millions over a year through smaller portioning.
it all counts.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 6:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by SxMan
recall when a First glass was “relaunched” and contained 20ml less than the previous Dartington variant - estimated to save the airline £-millions over a year through smaller portioning.
it all counts.
There are no savings to be had in CE, save for water and longer-band champagne, drinks are single serve and pre-packaged.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Schwann
Some of these LGW short haul meals look much better than the LHR long haul ones.
The best meal I have ever had on a plane was CE from Gothenburg to Heathrow..
Old Jul 16, 2022, 10:44 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by KARFA
Mexican chicken salad coming down from INV today for lunch. Quite like this, first time having it.

Darling - I know that times are hard but are they now sourcing chickens in Mexico?

Seriously that looks quite good and I hope that you enjoyed it, My husband ticks me off for photographing every meal tray put in front of me.
Sealink, alex67500, KARFA and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 10:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by KARFA
Mexican chicken salad coming down from INV today for lunch. Quite like this, first time having it.
Thank looks really good and more substantial than other options.

aks120
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Darling - I know that times are hard but are they now sourcing chickens in Mexico?

Seriously that looks quite good and I hope that you enjoyed it, My husband ticks me off for photographing every meal tray put in front of me.
Had the same meal travelling back from Faro last night. It was very tasty although looks like KARFA got my share of the chicken. My wife had the beef cheeks and she was also impressed. It felt very strange being on a Finnair aircraft being looked after by Finnair crew but with BA service. Finnair crew were very slick. It was the first day of their 5 day BA rotation and they did very well.

adrianlondon, Sealink and TedToToe like this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Weary Nomad
Had the same meal travelling back from Faro last night. It was very tasty although looks like KARFA got my share of the chicken. My wife had the beef cheeks and she was also impressed. It felt very strange being on a Finnair aircraft being looked after by Finnair crew but with BA service. Finnair crew were very slick. It was the first day of their 5 day BA rotation and they did very well.
I also had the beef cheek flying back from TFS and it seemed very popular as I was in row 6 and got the last one. The beef tasted great though the portion size was a little on the small side.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold

BA950 to Munich yesterday. English muffin and poached eggs with spinach. This was my best BA breakfast and my eggs were also still runny 👌
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:56 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Finally managed to sample the Poke plate - very nice. BA680 to IST on Friday 15th July - crew were amazing too!

Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:18 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by 81romeo
Finally managed to sample the Poke plate - very nice. BA680 to IST on Friday 15th July - crew were amazing too!
So they chop up some bits of raw fish, put a dollop of rice and a few flageolets on a plate and call that a meal. I call it a starter and a meagre one at that. Dreadful - it's like Do-It-Yourself Sushi. I'm glad that you liked it Dear.
MaxFlyer, bafan, Schwann and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
So they chop up some bits of raw fish, put a dollop of rice and a few flageolets on a plate and call that a meal. I call it a starter and a meagre one at that. Dreadful - it's like Do-It-Yourself Sushi. I'm glad that you liked it Dear.
It says a lot that it is one of the tastiest meals in SH these days. Deconstructed sushi.
PUCCI GALORE and TedToToe like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
yep and looks awfully similar to the £4 poke bowl meal deal from Amazon Fresh, it ain’t an expensive meal by all means despite the visual appeal
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: BAEC silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I've only had the tofu version. As a die hard meat and fish eater I thought it was surprisingly absolutely delicious. I bet this version was even better.. that said I did have on a band 2 not 4 flight...
Old Jul 18, 2022, 12:18 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The poke bowl and the Mexican chicken are my two favourites atm. Both very tasty. I look forward to hearing some more comments when people get a chance to try them. From what I have seen so far, the comments of those who have had them seem generally positive.
adrianlondon and PGberkshire like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
If it's fresh, well-balanced and tastes good, what else do you want?
PGberkshire likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.