Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: Band & Services Timings

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the special meals. The pre-ordered special meals are AVML (Asia-vegetarian), CHML (children's meal), DBML (diabetic meal), GFML (gluten-free), HNML (Hindu non-vegetarian meal), KSML (Kosher meal), LCML (low-calorie meal), LFML (low-fat meal), NLML (low-lactose meal), LSML (low salt meal), MOML (Muslim meal), VGML (vegan meal), and VLML (lacto-ovo vegetarian).

There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, and BA CityFlyer routes operated from LCY, STN, BRS, BHX, MAN, EDI, and DUB. For BA CityFlyer flights please refer to this guide created by eJetterBA CityFlyer catering guide

Last update: post 2705 (band 1 breakfast KSML)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef's Chat sheets for:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express (LBA, MAN, and JER only. Note JER is classed as 'Express' but gets band 1 service)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch:
Afternoon tea:
Dinner:

Band 1 (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)

Breakfast: 2705 (KSML),
Brunch:
Lunch: 2637,
Afternoon tea:
Dinner: 2697 (KSML),

Band 2 (e.g. Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Prague, Copenhagen)

Breakfast:
Brunch:
Lunch: 2631, 2636,
Afternoon tea: 2630 (CHML), 2637
Dinner:

Band 3 (e.g. Madrid, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm)

Breakfast: 1298 (LSML),
Rest of the day: 1299 (LSML),

Band 4 (e.g. Malta, Sofia, Kyiv, Istanbul)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day: 2639

Band 5 (e.g., Cairo, Amman)

Breakfast:
Rest of the day:

Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by Filmcritic
Lgw-Lca yesterday, mac/cheese with wild mushroom couldn’t really taste truffle sauce though, cant complain as overall very nice.
When this dish was on the LCY menu the truffle taste was usually very subtle.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by LondonCapeTownAnyday
Coffee served in paper cups - where have the mugs gone?
We had the same menu last week ARN-LHR, the prawns were tasty (all three of them &#128514

The mugs however is a bit more comical.

As I understand it, someone at BA bought a fleet load worth of mugs which turned out to immediately eject hot liquid everywhere in the presence of any turbulence and were deemed unsafe. The paper cups are a go between until an alternate is found…
Old Jun 19, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
AMS-LHR afternoon tea: this is the vegetarian option. The sandwiches were tasty enough and the scone warmed through nicely. Proactively offered additional drinks.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by pythonisman

As I understand it, someone at BA bought a fleet load worth of mugs which turned out to immediately eject hot liquid everywhere in the presence of any turbulence and were deemed unsafe. The paper cups are a go between until an alternate is found…
What was wrong with the Club World ones we had previously? Surely there’s excess since the 747 retirements?
Old Jun 19, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss
What was wrong with the Club World ones we had previously? Surely there’s excess since the 747 retirements?
Sold them all, didn't they - I have a set of 12...

And another question - with all the beef cheeks on the menus, what on earth do BA (or their caterers) do with the rest of the cow?
Old Jun 19, 2022, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by TedToToe
AMS-LHR afternoon tea: this is the vegetarian option. The sandwiches were tasty enough and the scone warmed through nicely. Proactively offered additional drinks.
I had the same last week coming back from Germany and it was actually really good. The egg sandwich in particular was far tastier than I expected, and while I normally dislike battenburg, I must confess I devoured the lot. Proactively offered double scones, which meant I rather rolled off the flight that day. Dare I say it, but I think I like the afternoon tea much more than the ‘light meal’ salads we get for dinner.

Does anyone happen to know what SPMLs give for afternoon tea? I imagine VLML is as above, but what about AVML? Or is it a case of me taking one for the team to find out?
adrianlondon and TedToToe like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Tocsin
And another question - with all the beef cheeks on the menus, what on earth do BA (or their caterers) do with the rest of the cow?
Cremate it for CW
Old Jun 19, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Another service cut. So now there is no divider, you are basically in economy with food.

First they came for our tables, then our Pinnacle seats, now our dividers…
So now CE becomes a waiting area for the front toilets, great.
bafan likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 4:24 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
This evening’s meal from ARN. No menus, choices were this pasta dish, a prawn Thai curry, or a cold beef salad.

Old Jun 19, 2022, 7:20 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum, BA Bronze, And EK silver
Breakfast options in CE

Does anyone know what the breakfast choices are from ATH to LHR and from AMS to LHR please?
Do you actually get a veg choice or is it always the classic english breakfast affair?

Also, is it worth getting Kosher as a special meal as I was told to go for that by a few people ...

TIA!
Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold

BCN to LHR recently on a Iberia wetlease, 1.5 hours delayed BA487. No pre dinner drinks run and food only served 45 min in, but there was a ton of turbulence during that time, so understandable.

Tofu was awful but the rest nice.

Drink top ups proactively offered throughout the rest of the flight after asking for the first refill.
Sealink likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by den3aah
Does anyone know what the breakfast choices are from ATH to LHR and from AMS to LHR please?
Do you actually get a veg choice or is it always the classic english breakfast affair?

Also, is it worth getting Kosher as a special meal as I was told to go for that by a few people ...

TIA!
Usually full English, a veg option, and for ATH some kind of cold plate option. If you really need a veg option I would order one. If you are towards the back of club the veg option may have gone by the time they reach you.
den3aah likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 4:58 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by den3aah

TIA!
Kosher was ideal when the food was not back to normal, with the new menus and improvement I would say its no longer needed.
den3aah likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
Another afternoon tea data point, HAM - LHR early afternoon flight.
Alternative to the salmon was the above mentioned egg sandwich.
Lovely crew which dealt great with a full 7 row CE cabin, I had to decline 3rd offered bottle of champagne or else I would have not found my way to HEX
CSD (or whatever their current title abbreviation is atm) did come around prior take off to great Goldies personally.

Old Jun 20, 2022, 8:21 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by SirToby
Another afternoon tea data point, HAM - LHR early afternoon flight.
Alternative to the salmon was the above mentioned egg sandwich.
Lovely crew which dealt great with a full 7 row CE cabin, I had to decline 3rd offered bottle of champagne or else I would have not found my way to HEX
CSD (or whatever their current title abbreviation is atm) did come around prior take off to great Goldies personally.
Ah! The end of the spectrum from Lowly Blues and Begging Bronzes. Arise the Great Goldies. I love it.

SirToby you are unique. You declined a third Champagne. Most here have finished their third before the wheels have been retracted after take off. Salmon and Champagne are a match made in heaven. Egg sandwiches are a little « Now We Are Six » for my taste. Would you like to be a MUCCI d’ Abstinance et Modération ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.