Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 18, 22, 8:55 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Wiki Link
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Details of band and service timings can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30193785-post1.html

Sister thread: Club Europe catering | opinions and general discussion
Archived thread Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos (Sep 2018 to Mar 2022)

Print Wikipost

Old Jun 24, 22, 11:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Kosher afternoon tea from NCL this afternoon. One cold scone on the tray and one warm scone in the silver foil on the right. Also offered the scone basket too. Never have enough scones!

Old Jun 24, 22, 3:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
@KARFA, out of curiosity, was the rest of the cabin also served a high tea meal, or did they have something different? I have a LHR-NCL flight coming up and I'd prefer a finger sandwich and scone over some of the other things (ploughman) I've seen above that were served on this route.
Old Jun 24, 22, 3:28 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by OneWorldSapphire View Post
@KARFA, out of curiosity, was the rest of the cabin also served a high tea meal, or did they have something different? I have a LHR-NCL flight coming up and I'd prefer a finger sandwich and scone over some of the other things (ploughman) I've seen above that were served on this route.
What time is your flight?
Old Jun 24, 22, 4:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
What time is your flight?
I’m *scheduled* to be on the 14:20 departure for LHR-NCL. I’m arriving from DFW on the newly returning A380, and there seems to have been horrible delays on the routes that already have this aircraft (maintenance issues from disuse), so I hope I make it to the connection without issue. Any idea what food is served on this domestic connection in CE?
Old Jun 24, 22, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by OneWorldSapphire View Post
I’m *scheduled* to be on the 14:20 departure for LHR-NCL. I’m arriving from DFW on the newly returning A380, and there seems to have been horrible delays on the routes that already have this aircraft (maintenance issues from disuse), so I hope I make it to the connection without issue. Any idea what food is served on this domestic connection in CE?
yes you should get the afternoon tea. There should be a vegetarian and non-vegetarian option.
OneWorldSapphire likes this.
Old Jun 24, 22, 5:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by bafan View Post
That main does look good, but agree it’s a bit odd without any sort of potato…Truly, the accountants are dictating the menus…
On the contrary, airline meals are generally padded out with potato/carbs as it's a cheap plate (and stomach) filler.
Old Jun 24, 22, 6:40 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by kdhurst380 View Post
On the contrary, airline meals are generally padded out with potato/carbs as it's a cheap plate (and stomach) filler.
Well, quite. So times must be really hard at BA, if they can’t even afford some cheap carbs, because the chicken and veg alone aren’t really filling…
Old Jun 24, 22, 7:01 pm

LHR-VCE Ba598

Coronation chicken salad with some pink savoury stuff and creamy dessert stuff. Chicken salad was delicious, could have eaten twice the amount. Pink pot was also tasty, is this the beetroot houmous?
Old Jun 25, 22, 1:33 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Pisa - LHR

This evening I flew from Pisa to Heathrow on the 18.15.

The choice was between a salmon salad and a “vegetarian Niçoise salad”. I had the salmon. The salad itself was quite tasty with two smallish chunks of hot smoked salmon, four slices of strange looking apple and some sloppy mayo heavy strips of something underneath. Quite tasty.

The starter was horrible. It was Greek yoghurt based with some weird red stuff and a couple of cubes of beetroot. Pudding was delicious.

Old Jun 26, 22, 8:44 am

Kosher meal on an early afternoon flight to NCL.

Old Jun 26, 22, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Kosher meal on an early afternoon flight to NCL.
Have they swapped the cous cous for the smaller type?
Old Jun 26, 22, 12:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage GLD; AGR
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Kosher afternoon tea from NCL this afternoon. One cold scone on the tray and one warm scone in the silver foil on the right. Also offered the scone basket too. Never have enough scones!
What was in the sandwich here? If it’s fish, pity they didn’t serve actual milk rather than “coffee whitener”. Kosher food restrictions limit eating and serving dairy products (like milk, cream, butter) with meat (excluding eggs and fish which are considered neutral, termed “parev” or “parve”) but there shouldn’t be a problem if there’s no meat in the meal.

On the other hand, the quantity of chicken you got in the KSML chicken salad over the couscous looks about three times the quantity that was served in the non-kosher BA coronation chicken above in this thread…

Last edited by salut0; Jun 26, 22 at 1:03 pm
Old Jun 26, 22, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by chrism20 View Post
Have they swapped the cous cous for the smaller type?
yes, this was cous cous rather than the larger Israeli couscous we have seen before. I prefer the latter, but this was ok.

Originally Posted by salut0 View Post
What was in the sandwich here? If it’s fish, pity they didn’t serve actual milk rather than “coffee whitener”. Kosher food restrictions limit eating and serving dairy products (like milk, cream, butter) with meat (excluding eggs and fish which are considered neutral, termed “parev” or “parve”) but there shouldn’t be a problem if there’s no meat in the meal.

On the other hand, the quantity of chicken you got in the KSML chicken salad over the couscous looks about three times the quantity that was served in the non-kosher BA coronation chicken above in this thread…
Yes afternoon tea wasn't terribly generous with the sandwiches, but very generous with scones! The finger sandwich was fish, the wrap was roasted veg.

My chicken lunch today was certainly a good advert for kosher meals
salut0 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 22, 3:45 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by DELLAS View Post
ACE - LGW Band 4 Dinner

3 options were offered . The only appealing one was the bangers & mash . It was not the best Club Europe meal I have had but ok. Crew were good and plenty of drinks offered . The coffee was really weak though and tasteless made worse by paper cups.

I had this yesterday ACE - LGW, despite the sausages looking a bit odd I agree it was completely fine. The only down side was what I had the night before...

I will add that my girlfriend stated this was possibly the best CE meal she had eaten. Butternut squash tortellini
Old Jun 26, 22, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA 1K, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Glob, IHG Dia-AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
BA 723 GVA-LHR 0710-0755 A-319

Choice of a butternut squash omelet or a Full English. This came hot and was pretty tasty. The granola bar was an odd touch though, I don't remember that from years past.

Search this Thread